ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Coach at Mt Airy

Not to mention the bears shut down the parents that try to get involved believe me I know. I've got one in my family who loves to interfere and he was shut down every time. Good kids in Mayberry with parents who know the coaches are very good men as well as fine coaches.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
IM CALLING A SPADE A SPADE AND THE DRAMA YOU CONTINUE BRING IS UNWARRANTED AND UNNECESSARY. CLASSLESS. I WILL TALK FOOTBALL WHEN THE TRASH IS TOOK OUT. One question? How come Mayberry fans cant come together and support a program that has all the hall marks of tradition , legacy, building kids into quality young men, championships. Why continue to eat each other from inside out? Wonder what the kids think when they see you clowns acting the way you act on here? Yes i continue to say clowns as thats what you and the others continue to present yourself as. Thats REAL TALK and a REAL QUESTION
What drama?

Booneville is gonna be good. But they have gotten mashed in both varsity and JV every year by the bears which is a lot better measure than the middle school games they hang their hats on. Don't see that happening. Especially with the only tough kid they had graduating. I too need to chill my hot head self down. I do apologize for that. I think Taylor is the way to go. Hungry, 10 plus years of coaching and a defensive fen

Not really sure the two names I'm hearing would be better rthan the in staff guy. Especially when you have is uncle and father on staff. A great position coach coordinator and a three time state finalist, one time state champion and a 5 time regional finalist as the other one. I don't think any of the kids I've heard about would want to switch schools. I've heard there is a few from other schools that want to come to Mayberry . Is there some jealousy?
There is certainly no jealousy, but commending their character and calling them loyal while they are screwing over teammates by not playing is weird.

Reactions: CLTTarHeel33
Looks like the title that Gdawg and Roughtrader held for so long has a couple newholders. Got a semi old fat clown giving a really old clown a hard time about being the longest living clown in granite bear history and both are worried a about being the top clown poster under the Mayberry Big top. Geeeezz Guys really, give it rest. The news will come out soon enough. We might not be able to win a playoff game across the river but we sure dont eat each other from the inside out. We just support each other and the kids that play the game. You clowns across the creek are a different breed of clowns indeed. Why cant it be about football and the kids with yall, who cares about the drama you two men / women or what ever pronoun you go by bring to the board. BE CLASSY not TRASHY clowns.
LMFAO the "longest living clown" holy smokes that is some funny shit XD

• Haha
Reactions: Illuminati704
Well it is Sunday before "THE" Monday and "THE" announcement.
Guess what: no one has died because no one has a clue as to who "it" will be.
No one has transferred, no one has quit, and the Sun has come up every day.

And I will bet anyone and everyone on two things:
After tomorrow's announcement, Mt Airy will still be one of the top teams in NC 1A;
And Mt Airy will one of 3 or 4 1A Teams projected to be playing for the State Championship in the coming year.

Here is one "HillBilly" that believes the school administration will get it right and select a very good and deserving candidate for the Top Position in the Mt Airy Football Program.

What time is it? Bear Time.

It is like having to bite my tongue but my word is my word and this is very hard to do. I'll be glad when it is out tomorrow ! WOW, having to stay off here is hard too.

I was told yesterday that at least one other Mount Airy fan posting on here also knows.

Last edited:
i seen smoke signals coming out of the old lynnes hosiery building this morning on my way to work.

Since it has only been two weeks since they stopped taking applications, if they already know who it is, I'm going to assume it is someone already on the staff.

I just checked my outside cameras and no buses passed the house this morning. 2 always come by in the morning and afternoon. What is the reason, I don't know but spring break was last week and this was the announcement from bareman last Tuesday.
UPDATE: Announcement of new Head Football Coach to come early “Next Week”
Kids are on Spring break and the returning players will meet the new HC first before it is announced to the public …stay tuned

Reactions: flyrod5518
Chances are the kids are out of school for Staff Development Day the team could meet sometime today at the weight room and meet the coach. I have no idea but just saying but probably not and let that be an open idea and can't ever tell what may happen since the kids have already had 11 days of spring break. lol

It's gonna be the young def coordinator. The kids held them hostage and they meet the demands
Best guy for the job. Smart, I owe both sides of the ball, will be a die hard coach and stay, and has Kelly and his dad to give him advice. That staff is loaded. Every one on there but one guy is a very good football coach. Plus they breed toughness. The parents don't ask they just shut up and listen. From what I hear they will be getting a few kids moving into district too.

If they went with the on staff guy over some of applicants I know of... OOOFFFF
This is my thought on this whole thing as well. Letting 16-18 year old kids hold you hostage with a "we will all sit the season out if so-and-so isn't hired" is bananas. Not too long ago, I think it worked out just fine for MA when they went "outside of the family" with Adkins. Am I saying Taylor is undeserving? Absolutely not, and if they think that's their best option, that is their prerogative.

Reactions: sbbbfan
If they went with the on staff guy over some of applicants I know of... OOOFFFF
They gave three interviews man. One of them is no more qualified than the defensive coordinator who you're talking about. In fact he's arguably less qualified. The other guy has no experience with great athletes. Even though he has been a successful head coach. So button it up. They got the right man.

Elaborate - No one has put them names out there.
The people that coach in that program know who the best candidate was. I think if you asked the former coach he would say it as well. If Kelly hold her did not want it then this is the best choice. Plus they don't have to go looking for a coach every four or five years. Also I don't think any kids were holding anybody hostage I never heard that in any way shape or form. I don't think any kids would have transferred out. Most of them can't. But no matter what I don't think they would. See I think that Mount Airy and East Surry Don't have to worry about parents dictating what goes on. Well maybe one in our case. But they don't really give a shit. They just get it done. Whipping your team's hind in repeatedly

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
The people that coach in that program know who the best candidate was. I think if you asked the former coach he would say it as well. If Kelly hold her did not want it then this is the best choice. Plus they don't have to go looking for a coach every four or five years. Also I don't think any kids were holding anybody hostage I never heard that in any way shape or form. I don't think any kids would have transferred out. Most of them can't. But no matter what I don't think they would. See I think that Mount Airy and East Surry Don't have to worry about parents dictating what goes on. Well maybe one in our case. But they don't really give a shit. They just get it done. Whipping your team's hind in repeatedly
That wasn't meant for you dog. Just meant for Frank who lost his password. And his mind.

I agree 💯 percent with your post trader. I keep hearing this coach and this coach and the who’s who of North Carolina and Virginia applied and no one can produce any names , it’s a moot point. Nobody in the system has said a word, I can appreciate that and I can appreciate the need for the professionalism throughout the process. Hell if you are applying for the job and you are the who’s who of North Carolina per se who cares if your name is associated with the interview process. If it is Taylor it’s a hell of a pick, if it isn’t we respect the process as well. But I would still be interested in who applied and interviewed. Tomorrow will put it to bed, that’s a good thing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT