ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Coach at Mt Airy

I agree 💯 percent with your post trader. I keep hearing this coach and this coach and the who’s who of North Carolina and Virginia applied and no one can produce any names , it’s a moot point. Nobody in the system has said a word, I can appreciate that and I can appreciate the need for the professionalism throughout the process. Hell if you are applying for the job and you are the who’s who of North Carolina per se who cares if your name is associated with the interview process. If it is Taylor it’s a hell of a pick, if it isn’t we respect the process as well. But I would still be interested in who applied and interviewed. Tomorrow will put it to bed, that’s a good thing
Could be that Mount Airy is respecting the wishes of the ones applying and no names being released because they don't want what happened to Lowman being all the talk about wanting to leave East Surry for Starmount which went on for weeks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: buzzcoach
Could be that Mount Airy is respecting the wishes of the ones applying and no names being released because they don't want what happened to Lowman being all the talk about wanting to leave East Surry for Starmount which went on for weeks.
Yeah. I would still like to see that picture of him in a tie in front of the school board. Even though he's our coach. There was a douche move

They gave three interviews man. One of them is no more qualified than the defensive coordinator who you're talking about. In fact he's arguably less qualified. The other guy has no experience with great athletes. Even though he has been a successful head coach. So button it up. They got the right man.

Not saying they didnt. People said the same thing about Reidsville last year, and they got the right man too. You'll never please everyone, but real MA fans will support no matter what and that's what matters.

Today is the day. The Mayberrians have put their Sunday best on and done their morning prayers. They will sit outside the school and wait in anticipation of smoke to come from the chimney noting that an announcement is to be made soon as they wait for their new leader walk out on the balcony.

Reactions: MRMAN27030
Lowman would be my choice...proven winner, part of the area, and will be there for as long as you want him to be...

• Haha
Reactions: gdawg74
Congratulations to Coach Austin Taylor. Granite Bears 20th football coach in our storied history. Brilliant Defensive Coordinator and guru during these dominating last championship runs. We know defenses win championships.

Coach Taylor has great offensive minded coaches and players around him, and he knows more about offenses than people think. A good defensive coordinator knows what each offense is capable of. He is a bright spot and the right man. A great day to be a Bear.

I thought someone would post this but it has been on their Facebook page since 4 pm when I watched it. Since they sent the X Twitter to Deana I guess it is ok to post it. It was only for the team teachers and coaches I believe. They got resumes from California, Texas, and several other states as talked about in the video. Congratulations to Coach Austin Taylor ! Go Bears Football ! !

Reactions: sbbbfan
Just wondered. The article mentions nothing about going to college and says he became an assistant in the fall after he graduated high school.
Will he now teach at the high school? Being on campus during the school day can be huge.
App State (I think)….grew up in the program as Dad & Uncle are long time coaches ….works now at MS but may be assigned to HS…that’s to be determined

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT