ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee at Starmount (Rematch)

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Last year, the Braves came up to Boonville and got the 28-21 win.

This year, the Rams are a totally different team and have some multiple weapons.

One of the Rams’ main weapon QB/SS/P Luke Collins is out, so Colton Allen will have to step up become the signal-caller for the Rams now.

Wish the Braves safe travels to Boonville Friday!

Any thoughts?

The Braves are a dangerous team. At times they play very well, but at others not so much. Consistency is what they lack. I also think that do not have as many weapons as last year. In all honesty, I have no idea how this game will unfold.

If Collins is out of the game, I think that will hurt Starmount a lot and make this game much closer. The Rams are a tough bunch, but that's a hard loss for them to overcome. I would still favor Starmount though. If they make it to next round, will he be available?

Reactions: RealStihl
Cherokee is extremely volatile, they have the ability to get up on you quick and if they get momentum they can be really tough to put away. Unfortunately they also can absolutely lay down if things don’t go their way quickly and they have poor depth.

Truth is y’all will likely have no problem but y’all better not overlook them.

Cherokee is extremely volatile, they have the ability to get up on you quick and if they get momentum they can be really tough to put away. Unfortunately they also can absolutely lay down if things don’t go their way quickly and they have poor depth.

Truth is y’all will likely have no problem but y’all better not overlook them.
I hope we learned that lesson the hard way last year

Starmount QB is there best player imo. Will hurt!
Is Starmount that good? If not it might not be as long ride home for Cherokee as you're thinking if the Braves are underestimated in this one.
Starmount qb and possibly best player is done for season so may be a difference maker. Starmount is big and physical and like to get under other teams skin!

Deana, you know better than anyone. What kind of drop off will we see from the new quarterback? I could have very well seen Starmount making a deep run but what about now?

Being a Ram, I would think most would say AJ Pardue is the most valuable player on this team due to his versatility on both sides of the ball and his leadership.

Also getting Mason Anthony (OG/LB) back has been huge as well.

Losing Luke and his athleticism will hurt Rams more on defense and special teams being SS and P. Also his experience as well.

Allen has played well when his time has come to play QB, but the playoff pressure is on now.

Being a Ram, I would think most would say AJ Pardue is the most valuable player on this team due to his versatility on both sides of the ball and his leadership.

Losing Luke and his athleticism will hurt Rams more on defense and special teams being SS and P. Also his experience as well.

Allen has played well when his time has come to play QB, but the playoff pressure is on now.
I would agree with that statement. I thought he looked pretty good last year at North for a while. But you can't argue that they didn't make the right decision considering they've had a good year this year. When the Collins kid was out against Mount Airy. He came in and actually ran the ball very well. And he can definitely throw it. He gives them a different dimension. Deanna is right though. Their secondary was already suspect, so missing him at safety will be a big deal. You wonder if they couldn't put the crater kid back there to be the center fielder. He can hit and he can move pretty well although his lateral movement is somewhat limited It looks like. I think they're big and physical enough to go pretty far in the playoffs though. I've been impressed what I've seen of them.

Oh and you are darn tootin The Purdue kid is the heart and soul.

Deana, you know better than anyone. What kind of drop off will we see from the new quarterback? I could have very well seen Starmount making a deep run but what about now?
Colten absolutely can play. It was a qb battle all summer between the two. Most teams in 1A football would be tickled to death going into the season with either one of them taking snaps. He’s also been taking a lot of second half snaps all year in the blowout games but he’s not had to throw much due to the scores. I’m excited for him he’s a great kid who didn’t drop his head when he didn’t win the starting spot he did what he had to do for his team to make them better. As for Luke I feel awful. That young man loves football and has helped turn the rams into a very good program once again

Colton is a very good player. Has a really good arm. I would say more on the differences but don't want to divulge too much info. He's a tough runner as well. The Collins to Allen passes for td's is a big loss.

Rough, the lateral speed from Crater is because of the knee surgeries. I hope he gets it back. He hasn't had a full year of prep for football without recovering from an injury/surgery since 8th-9th grade. Coming out of 8th grade he was one of the best athletes to ever come from the middle school. Injuries just take their toll

Who are Cherokee’s best players?

I bet one is Climbingbear. I remember him doing well last year.

For Starmount:

AJ Pardue (RB/TE/LB) has to be one of the best overall players in the conference as he stars on both sides of the ball. 15 total TDs

Kinston Crater (RB/DB) is Rams’ leading rusher with over 800 yards, but they spread it between him, Pardue, and Jymir Billips (400 yards).

Mason Anthony (OL/LB) excels on both sides of the ball. IMO the best blocker on team.

KJ Allen & Jadon Hurt-Bailey give the Rams a threat in the passing game.

Colton Allen will take over QB duties for Luke Collins, who had over 1,500 total yards.

Who are Cherokee’s best players?

I bet one is Climbingbear. I remember him doing well last year.
I don't think Climbingbear has played the last 2 weeks, that's a big loss for Cherokee's D if he's unable to go tomorrow night as he's their best player on D no doubt.

• Wow
Reactions: KevinFromSwain
I don't think Climbingbear has played the last 2 weeks, that's a big loss for Cherokee's D if he's unable to go tomorrow night as he's their best player on D no doubt.
I beleive Climbingbear is done for the year, the QB is very shifty and can hurt you with his arm. Cherokee has been hit with injuries like most team and their TE only played 1st half against Swain and i havet seen him dress out since and he a good athlete.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Braves 2 best defensive players haven't played the last two weeks (smith and climbingbear). I think both are done for the year and smith was probably their best weapon on offense. We got some tough running backs and receivers and probably the smallest QB in the state

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT