ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee at Starmount

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
These two teams have never met in football. We look forward to hosting the Braves this Friday.

Starmount is predominately a run team behind Sr. RB Zack Dezern, who has over 1500 yards and 23 TDs. Sr QB Luke Kimmer has over 700 passing yards with 9 TDs.

Other top players are ATH AJ Pardue, WR/DB Ryan Kimmer, ATH Xavier King, OL/DL Steven Sullivan, LB Zack Armstrong, OL/DL Mason Anthony, OL/DL Cole Longworth and K Alex Mora.

Who are Cherokee’s top players??

Does Cherokee travel well as bringing a lot of fans?

Safe travels!!

After seeing Starmount last year in playoffs and realizing that they have most everyone back I think this will be a great matchup after seeing Andrews play Cherokee just a few weeks ago.

Cherokee is very run dominant but we started a new QB this year and it was a struggle at first but he's really been balling out the past 3 weeks. The line has been good all year on offense but usually wear down towards the end of games on defense due to going both way, but we got a good running back and some athletes on offense. If yall have any type of passing game is where we get killed at

Cherokee broke robbinsville's qb collarbone and still couldn't beat them, I think robbinsville would be fine playing them again. Starmount defense is legit I hope Cherokee can move the ball against them.

Reactions: Orange01
I watched Cherokee vs. Andrews on Youtube. Cherokee looked pretty solid running the football. I think Starmount will be in for a real physical game.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
I see where start time is 7pm not 7:30. Can you confirm Deana?

I'll say first one to 21-28 pts wins I could see a 21-7 ; 21-14 type game if both defense are good vs the run and seem both are very similar

I like both teams but I'll give the edge to Starmount

I've heard about the exploits of Dezern and if he's as good as his reputation then I think he can have success against Cherokee, Murphy's Stalcup had 196 yds and 3 TD's on 14 carries against the Braves. How good is Starmount upfront?

I've heard about the exploits of Dezern and if he's as good as his reputation then I think he can have success against Cherokee, Murphy's Stalcup had 196 yds and 3 TD's on 14 carries against the Braves. How good is Starmount upfront?
Probably wont be as big as Cherokee up front but Starmounts line is athletic and physical. Their line play won them the game against East Wilkes friday

Probably wont be as big as Cherokee up front but Starmounts line is athletic and physical. Their line play won them the game against East Wilkes friday
I just watched Dezern's junior year highlights and he's VERY similar to Stalcup at the same age, also you can tell watching senior highlights that Dezern got a good bit more explosive between junior and senior year too. Dezern will definitely get his Friday, if Starmount can hold their own upfront I think they win this game by 1-2 scores.

Last edited:
Starmounts line play and play calling got better as the game went on against. EW didnt adjust very well at all in the 2nd half. The Rams got others involved so EW couldn't key on Dezern in the latter stages of the game.

Starmounts line play and play calling got better as the game went on against. EW didnt adjust very well at all in the 2nd half. The Rams got others involved so EW couldn't key on Dezern in the latter stages of the game.
Dont give away all the secrets.... lol

• Haha
Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Starmount sometimes livestreams on nfhs they were supposed to vs Alleghany but didn't for some reason. I'll be there pulling for your braves I will text scoring updates

Starmount beat themselves tonight. They were the better team talent wise but unfortunately weren't disciplined enough to play the game. Deana probably has the penalty stats but I'm betting at least 15-20 penalties 150-200 yards worth. HUGE discrepancy between them and the Braves.

Cherokee played just the way mountain teams do. Disciplined, smart, expose weaknesses, tough in your face style. They don't beat themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT