ADVERTISEMENT

Rosman fans ?

I don’t know coach Stack but I did talk with Freddie many times and thought he was a great guy! With that being said kids read this forum and as a community they need to see unity whoever is coach because it is about supporting the kids that are giving their all every Friday. The coaches in the stands and the parents at home do a lot of damage to a program. I have seen it first hand here at Hayesville from parents that never even played a down of varsity football! So as a member of the community I feel as my duty to support the coaches and kids no matter the circumstances. Kids listen and believe everything they hear. I am not trying to get involved just my two cents!

Last edited:
He played at central cabarrus, Garner Webb, and Clemson. He's coached 2a, 3a, & 4a previously
He did "turn us down", and took the Pisgah job instead, and who would blame him...Pretty simple to me, if you interview for a job, and you don't like what they are offering, you "turn it down" for a better option which is what Bret did, and good for him because he's done a great job at Pisgah just as he did at East Henderson....As for Freddie, he's done more for Rosman football, than you ever have, or ever will.....PERIOD, but I do know based on your previous postings that you are the type of person who just likes to bash, and run down the coaches at every opportunity because I ran into the Tiger Baseball coach back during baseball season at the Super Walmart in Asheville on a sunday, and he asked me if I knew who you were because you were slamming him and his decisions on this website, and he wanted to confront you about what you were posting about him....I told him that I didn't know who you were, but I did tell him to not pay any attention to you, or people like you who think that they know more about the state of the baseball program than the person that is there every day coaching the team...BTW, that's word for word what I told him back in the spring....Told him not to pay you or anybody else any attention, and just coach the team the best way he knows how....You have called Freddie "the Lovely" Freddie in several different post during the past year, but I bet you wouldn't say it to his face or especially his moma Pat's face.....
Since there was a lot of speculation on who Tigerden is and there’s only a few parents who have kids who play both sports and one is the Asst Principal it’s more and more obvious who you are Tigerden. I suppose you’ll be chiming in during basketball season too so we all will be certain who you are. And again for the record I live in 28712 doesn’t mean my kid(s) attend Brevard or that I’m a devil. Had this name for years so no sense in trying to figure it out. You won’t.

I have a grandson that plays football. That's it. I do attend the majority of basketball games because I love basketball my favorite sport. I only attended about 3 baseball games last year. I know you had it built up in your head you think you know me but I really dont want to go thru that again. Have a great year.

TigerDen2 wants to maintain his or her anonymity, so He or She can continue to bash the Rosman Coaches or former Coaches that He or She don't like....

Pretty pathetic isn't it!

Reactions: brevardgirl
Let me go ahead and apologize for starting this post. As I said from the start it was NOT my intent to throw any coach present or past under the bus. I only wanted a run down on Tiger football. This is out of hand. Again, I'm sorry.

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
Let me go ahead and apologize for starting this post. As I said from the start it was NOT my intent to throw any coach present or past under the bus. I only wanted a run down on Tiger football. This is out of hand. Again, I'm sorry.

No need to apoligize....Some times dirty laundry needs to be aired out to see where every body stands, and I think this thread accomplished that, and this will be my last response in this thread!

Reactions: brevardgirl
My last comments on this , yes rosman did beat brevard 3 yrs in a row under Freddie because we had superior talent and athlete’s over brevard! The hate you say rick towards Freddie isn’t true nobody hated him and he did have support. We as a fan base saw a lot of issues in his tenure as our HC . You are correct that a lot of people including myself wanted him gone after 15 . He could have stayed at rosman to finish as he was only asked to step down as HC BUT HE REFUSED. The state of the facilities was the reason he got let go not the people . Good luck tigers on the rest of our season

My last comments on this , yes rosman did beat brevard 3 yrs in a row under Freddie because we had superior talent and athlete’s over brevard! The hate you say rick towards Freddie isn’t true nobody hated him and he did have support. We as a fan base saw a lot of issues in his tenure as our HC . You are correct that a lot of people including myself wanted him gone after 15 . He could have stayed at rosman to finish as he was only asked to step down as HC BUT HE REFUSED. The state of the facilities was the reason he got let go not the people . Good luck tigers on the rest of our season

BS to that. No one has given specifics on the issues during his tenure other than facilities. If he had $ for the facilities I'm sure they would have been better. Excuse after excuse boils down to way too much was expected on what we had. Sr. QB (starter since soph year)out 8 weeks after week 1 1/2. Starting tailback(starter since soph) gone for season mid point. Starting fullback(starter since soph) week to week with injuries. I'm sure if we would have had the same team the whole season that played the first game and 1/2 we would have made some noise deep into the playoffs. As much as he gave to the program over his 29 years why not let him finish out his career there. Said it before. Let it go Louie !!!

Last edited:
I have given specifics in other threads. He had let the weight room go. The equipment was a mess. He did not have kids fundraise, so we could raise $. He kicked the starting center off the team for cussing out coach on sideline which I agree with, but allowed other kids to stay on team for doing same thing. So therefore he lost respect. I think what Tigerfan is talking about was how dirty the locker room was. It was nasty, pads were moldy. It hurt with injuries, but we were deep with talent 15. You dont want to admit it but the kids that left were do to coaching issues, you are not being honest with yourself. You can say little Johnny that. But those were some great kids that left that had no attitude issues. It's not like they weren't getting to play. There were major issues. I will agree on one thing we need to move on.

Reactions: Tiger Fan35
I have given specifics in other threads. He had let the weight room go. The equipment was a mess. He did not have kids fundraise, so we could raise $. He kicked the starting center off the team for cussing out coach on sideline which I agree with, but allowed other kids to stay on team for doing same thing. So therefore he lost respect. I think what Tigerfan is talking about was how dirty the locker room was. It was nasty, pads were moldy. It hurt with injuries, but we were deep with talent 15. You dont want to admit it but the kids that left were do to coaching issues, you are not being honest with yourself. You can say little Johnny that. But those were some great kids that left that had no attitude issues. It's not like they weren't getting to play. There were major issues. I will agree on one thing we need to move on.

My last post on this. Were you coaching then? I don't think so, so how do you know all this? Here say I'm guessing? The weight room was given to the basketball coach. Workouts became basketball oriented. Fundraising I agree on but if you look like a million bucks and look like Tarzan and play like Jane it doesn't matter. The center pitched a fit and lost control on the sidelines. Happened in practice every other day. The Sr. was the ones to vote this player off by the way. Others on that team did not act that way period. Pads were disinfected every other day by the trainer Mary. What kids are you talking about leaving? I only recall one and he's doing great at Mars Hill right now.

I agree with kicking the one kid off. I'm talking about Swain game were you have to call timeout to break up a fight on the field. There was trouble with the one kid all year. Or how about when he threw his helmet over the fence at practice. I saw that with my own 2 eyes. His fits were legendary. That is when other kids lost respect for Freddie. All 4 brooks kids left for brevard. And more kids wanted to play all 4 years at Rosman and didn't. I spoke to one that played his senior season, when I asked why just his senior season. He said that is all I could take of that man. Just because someone is from Rosmsn does not mean I'm going to stick my head in the sand. Wrong is wrong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT