ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville vs Smoky Mountain

Id rate Robbinsville with slightly better overall talent..Homefield favors Smoky.....coaching and just the intangibles of knowing how to win in crunch time i give to Robbinsville...Knights by 7

If Smoky kicks deep to us we will have a chance.
Anderson, Hooper, lane, and #11 can all take it to the house.

Exact feedback from a friend from Sylva who attended scrimmage at Smoky this preseason. He could not remember team they scrimmaged......
“If you stop Frady up the middle and Stephens outside on jet sweeps you will beat Smoky. QB’s make a lot of mistakes. They struggled in scrimmage containing sweeps and I witnessed bad tackling. Blocking up front is not to the level I thought it would be either. They have a lot of work to do and it depends on how much work they can get done before the season starts.”

Exact feedback from a friend from Sylva who attended scrimmage at Smoky this preseason. He could not remember team they scrimmaged......
“If you stop Frady up the middle and Stephens outside on jet sweeps you will beat Smoky. QB’s make a lot of mistakes. They struggled in scrimmage containing sweeps and I witnessed bad tackling. Blocking up front is not to the level I thought it would be either. They have a lot of work to do and it depends on how much work they can get done before the season starts.”
I was at that scrimmage too. Smoky did not impress me. QB made a ton of mistakes. He looked banged up. I think Knights will be more physical. Good luck.

I said it last year , and I believe it . Robbinsville will be a handful for anyone this year with all they are returning and a year to get stronger. I see a black knight win and a blow out of Smokey Mtn wouldnt surprise me honestly.

I think I'm gonna head over and check out smoky and rville.We are open so be a good time to kick off football season.Good luck to all

Reactions: Gentle Knight
I really don't understand all the Robbinsville picks, especially if Smoky is picked to win their conference?

In my opinion just because they are picked doesn't make it so. They still got to go out there and do it.Im not sure who I pick in this game. I haven't seen either team this year .

I got to go with Smoky by 7. I am not convinced they can stop Frady up the gut. They didn't do so well with Allen last year from Murphy.

Am I missing something? We’re playing a team picked to win their conference and to add we’re playing them at their place. Hope I’m wrong but going to be tough for my Knights to get a W. I like the match up will only help us come November. I hate to post this but I’ll say SM 27 RHS 24.

Am I missing something? We’re playing a team picked to win their conference and to add we’re playing them at their place. Hope I’m wrong but going to be tough for my Knights to get a W. I like the match up will only help us come November. I hate to post this but I’ll say SM 27 RHS 24.
I'd have to tend to agree with you oakbuddy.
A school with 900 kids vs a school with 350 kids

Reactions: smcdom123
I'd have to tend to agree with you oakbuddy.
A school with 900 kids vs a school with 350 kids
Gentle if you think like I do you could possibly need help but that’s another issue! Hope we’re both wrong in a big way. I’m just trying to be honest with my prediction. I’m a true fan of Robbinsville on hope we go 16-0 this year , with that said we could be 2-3 when we start conference play. Again , hope I’m wrong. Go Knights

I will say this, if we are who we think we are, we should come out with a win. When this game showed up on the schedule,everyone pretty much was thinking a loss..But after the preseason 7 on 7's and the scrimmages, people are thinking we might steel a win.A loss won't be the end of the world though. ..Same goes if Pisgah beats Murphy.

I will say this, if we are who we think we are, we should come out with a win. When this game showed up on the schedule,everyone pretty much was thinking a loss..But after the preseason 7 on 7's and the scrimmages, people are thinking we might steel a win.A loss won't be the end of the world though. ..Same goes if Pisgah beats Murphy.

Robbinsville has a good run defense, the challenge for them will be stopping the pass. If they can do that I think they get the W.

I first thought Smoky would pull away in this one until I heard info from Sylva on how bad they looked in their scrimmage. Perhaps Smoky is not what people think they are? Robbinsville by 7

Let me give my rundown for this one.... Smokys Rn won’t be a factor. Smoky will rely on passing. Game and kicking game and it’s pouring rain outside. Rville keeps it close first half...pulls away in second 28-7 or 21-7

Smoky scores in first qtr. 506 left. #44 for smoky is a load.

Rville fumbles smoky recovers. Rville can't seem to find their groove

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT