ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville @ Lenoir City, Tn

Who was looking for an easy game?
I heard Rabun County offered y'all $10,000 to come play there and it was turned down? True? Come take a swim in the deep end of the pool! For what it's worth, if true, I don't blame Dee. Our game with them was tough to watch.

Reactions: UNC91
I'm thinking this game will be closer than some think.
Four weeks off.
Only started back practicing Monday. Wrestling going on.
Travel.

Robbinsville 30
LC 21

I heard Rabun County offered y'all $10,000 to come play there and it was turned down? True? Come take a swim in the deep end of the pool! For what it's worth, if true, I don't blame Dee. Our game with them was tough to watch.
Come take a swim in the deep end?? Do you want a pat on the back or something? What do you get out of a game like that? All you can do is hope to stay healthy! Nothing positive out of that game for the Dogs IMO.....

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Nothing positive out of that game for the Dogs IMO.....
I disagree, it further exposed holes defensively that apparently still needed to be, even after Franklin, in order for some changes to be initiated on that side of the ball. It was a beating but not one without merit if it facilitated changes that lead to a better football team heading into conference play.

If any of Robbinsville fans are going eat at Calhouns in Lenoir City. Get a beer cheese dip for me.

Reactions: UNC91
That sounds like when fbs schools pay fcs schools to come to their stadium and play.
But assuming this is a serious comment and not just tongue in cheek, Id say that would be easily disproved...first looking a Rabun schedule they don't even have an open date the rest of the season, second I don't know if there is any public school that would pay for or even have the money to pay for a football game much less a county of 16,000 like Rabun GA while good football their high school only has around 645 students in a county were the median income is $42,500 and 12% poverty level has $10,000 left over for anything non essential.

Last edited:
That sounds like when fbs schools pay fcs schools to come to their stadium and play.
But assuming this is a serious comment and not just tongue in cheek, Id say that would be easily disproved...first looking a Rabun schedule they don't even have an open date the rest of the season, second I don't know if there is any public school that would pay for or even have the money to pay for a football game much less a county of 16,000 like Rabun GA while good football their high school only has around 645 students in a county were the median income is $42,500 and 12% poverty level has $10,000 left over for anything non essential.
Offered the same to Hayesville. Don’t let demographics and numbers fool you! It was about 8 years ago they sunk around 10 million in to their program!

Reactions: mbdfan
I disagree, it further exposed holes defensively that apparently still needed to be, even after Franklin, in order for some changes to be initiated on that side of the ball. It was a beating but not one without merit if it facilitated changes that lead to a better football team heading into conference play.
Of course you do. That’s why I said IMO. I don’t need your approval or disapproval! All you got was embarrassed just like anyone else from the area would!

Reactions: BK13T-$
Offered the same to Hayesville. Don’t let demographics and numbers fool you! It was about 8 years ago they sunk around 10 million in to their program!
Well unless they have a large tax base like Avery who has things the ski resort , Grandfather mtn etc or some company that donates big money to them I don't see how they have about a 1000 more people then Mitchell county but a lower median income then Mitchell and we can't even afford astroturf for our field. And as much as I love football to me if a poor county like that is some how getting that kinda money and spending it on the sports when like any other small county with those demographics im sure have students with struggling families a that's a disgrace. I mean giving a school from another state 10,000 for a high school football game how many kids at that school needs that just for every day life needs?

Reactions: Purple1995
No nothing about that game was positive other than staying healthy. You will not face another team that will be that throw heavy all year. That loss literally just put a mark in the loss column. Those holes would have been exposed against any SMC team because everyone we face is for the most part run heavy.

Well unless they have a large tax base like Avery who has things the ski resort , Grandfather mtn etc or some company that donates big money to them I don't see how they have about a 1000 more people then Mitchell county but a lower median income then Mitchell and we can't even afford astroturf for our field. And as much as I love football to me if a poor county like that is some how getting that kinda money and spending it on the sports when like any other small county with those demographics im sure have students with struggling families a that's a disgrace. I mean giving a school from another state 10,000 for a high school football game how many kids at that school needs that just for every day life needs?
I heard they offered Andrews same thing,

I heard they offered Andrews same thing,
Well like I said the money has to come from somewhere you've got have it to offer it like with the examples I gave because the size and economy of the county isn't going to bring it in unless their taxing their citizens a ridiculous tax rate on property or something just for the football program. But if they are doing this no matter how they're getting the money it's a stupid way to spend county funds.

Well like I said the money has to come from somewhere you've got have it to offer it like with the examples I gave because the size and economy of the county isn't going to bring it in unless their taxing their citizens a ridiculous tax rate on property or something just for the football program. But if they are doing this no matter how they're getting the money it's a stupid way to spend county funds.

The lake has a variety of multimillion dollar homes. For example Nick Saban has a large vacation home. Their tax base is tremendous. They also have several large boosters.

Reactions: Crimson jacket 1991
How are they offering all this money and games when they already have a full schedule?
It was for this past Friday night. They ended up with a team from SC. Their coach makes $100,000/year, that was from one of their fans. He also said their entire team is on a training regiment year round, they don't even eat meals with other students:. they have a specific diet for each kid

Reactions: KW23 and mbdfan
The lake has a variety of multimillion dollar homes. For example Nick Saban has a large vacation home. Their tax base is tremendous. They also have several large boosters.
Well that's what I was saying figured they have to have a big tax base or something.
It's still stupid to me to pay for out of state teams to come and play. Of course if I was one of the schools I'd go play them I'm sure their school could use the money.

Last edited:
It was for this past Friday night. They ended up with a team from SC. Their coach makes $100,000/year, that was from one of their fans. He also said their entire team is on a training regiment year round, they don't even eat meals with other students:. they have a specific diet for each kid
Yeah just read that their coach who retired in 2019 was making $119,443 per year. A school of 645 students were 56% of them are listed as economically disadvantaged in a county were the median income per individual is $22,543 , $42,500 per household. Seems a little out of wack.
Will say they are ranked high in education in GA but doesn't appear it because they're putting any extra money in it from the millionaires and big tax base compared to football their per pupil expenditures isn't much more then Mitchell counties.

Yeah just read that their coach who retired in 2019 was making $119,443 per year. A school of 645 students were 56% of them are listed as economically disadvantaged in a county were the median income per individual is $22,543 , $42,500 per household. Seems a little out of wack.
Will say they are ranked high in education in GA but doesn't appear it because they're putting any extra money in it from the millionaires and big tax base compared to football their per pupil expenditures isn't much more then Mitchell counties.
Yeh but median income can be misleading if the people above the median are extremely wealthy. Or if the property tax base includes folks who aren’t residents of that county (ie vacation homes). Rabun County has two lakes and is a quick mountain getaway from Atlanta— lots of expensive lake properties, and plenty of other vacation/retirement properties.

Yeh but median income can be misleading if the people above the median are extremely wealthy. Or if the property tax base includes folks who aren’t residents of that county (ie vacation homes). Rabun County has two lakes and is a quick mountain getaway from Atlanta— lots of expensive lake properties, and plenty of other vacation/retirement properties.
Yeah I understand it's the same in Avery county and how they have things like astroturf on their field and Mitchell doesn't even though they're median income is less and I have no issue with that it's a good thing just sounds like Rabun goes overboard with it and to me at least any tax money or donated money should stay in the county to help the people who live there year around and not paying for out of state football games. But their business and I've worn this out and I'll shut up about it now lol

Last edited:
Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Shouldn't be.

That's BS if true. I pull my trailer across from time to time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT