ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond @ Scotland

rcoraider98

Sep 10, 2013
Richmond had a very tough schedule and came out with just one loss. Scots on the other hand has lost three games to the only teams they played with winning records. Raiders had two weeks to prepare while the Scots are coming off two tough games. I think there is to much talent on that green and gold sideline and Raiders pull away in the second half for the win. 42-21

To be fair SC has lost to 3 very good teams. Hoggard is 8-1, PC is 7-2 with losses to Gimsley and RC and Lee Co is 6-3 with losses to Glenn, RC and PC. SC lost by 1 TD in two of those games. With that being said this is not a great SC team. They have nice pieces but aren’t as explosive as they have been. RC plays well they win. This rivalry is unpredictable and I have seen the better team lose in the past. Hope the place is packed.

Richmond won over pc by 7 and Scotland I think lost by 6. With that and it being a rival game it . I think it will be a close one. I am pulling for my Raiders but by gut is saying it’s time for Scotland to redeem themselves after 3 loses, also the refs have seem to be flag happy for both teams it’s almost like they change their pay hourly are they are spotting everything this year?With all that being said no pick here I think it will be whichever team has more discipline

Throw all the record books out when the Raiders and the Scots collide whether at Pate or Raider stadium a stadium full of green and gold and blue white red sometimes black.
Richmond won over pc by 7 and Scotland I think lost by 6. With that and it being a rival game it . I think it will be a close one. I am pulling for my Raiders but by gut is saying it’s time for Scotland to redeem themselves after 3 loses, also the refs have seem to be flag happy for both teams it’s almost like they change their pay hourly are they are spotting everything this year?With all that being said no pick here I think it will be whichever team has more discipline
Throw all the record books out when these two collide whether at Pate or Raider stadium this will be a close game whoever limits the turnovers and penalties will get the w.

For some reason, I don’t think it’ll be maximum capacity. Love this game at Pate more than at Raider Stadium. First Raider game since Chambers in 2019.
Give me Richmond by 17.

Reactions: UNC91
Raiders by 21... Scots cant sling it around like last week, and their run game is... well we'll see. Somebody will step up for Scots.. Raiders stands will be overflowing, Scotland side might be off a bit. If Richmond shows up, we'll see empty seats by 4th qtr. GO RAIDERS... don't hold anything back. You cant afford too. Playoff time. Every game is for real now.

The RAIN may have some affect on this game....Richmond /Scotland ...Dont want to play on a Saturday with first round coming up...Would not be surprised to see jv game moved to Wed, just dont know the answer for Friday...Hate to see this game played on a wet field...Greater risk of injury number one and a much smaller gate for the Scots.....Im sure the higher ups have a plan to be installed...Oh, Im going with the Raiders for the win , fighting for that number one seed...

Reactions: Raiders 4 real
Raiders should approach Friday's game just like any other... be ready for anything... just aint no tellin. Bailey's probably got a few tricks up his sleeve and It's gonna be a ballgame.. GO RAIDERS...

Reactions: tigertown21
The hand shake ! Do we blame this on the players ? Or the coaches of this team who are suppose to be the team leaders?
Say if I was a coach if my team lost which We would probably lose every game y’all would shake hands are we would not leave till you do . If the Opposing team had already left the field you would know longer play on my team if you try to transfer , I would let the next team coach know . I may not be a coach for longer but they would remember it.

Last edited:
Personally speaking:
I have came in contact with many surfaces where risk still exist where I can strongly connect with COVID. Those surfaces are as follow:

I have touched the gas pump.
I have touched door handles.
I have pulled out a chair or two for my wife at a restaurant.
I have touched freezer doors at the grocery stores.
I have touched many sink handles.
I have touched money that others have touched.
I have touched many things at the pawn shop.
I have touched mail that the postman left.
I have touched many merchandises at stores.
I have touched fast food cups at the window.
I have touched clothing and line.

NOW, maybe I'm just crazy in the membrane, but I have not touched or shook someones hands.....it's just something about that surface.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride31
Someone referred to this Scots team reminding them of New Bern 2 years ago and the Scots team from a few years ago... I remember a Scots team that scored over 60 points against my Raiders a few years ago. A Scots team that shut my Raiders out at Raider Stadium just a few years ago... Lest we forget those brief Glory years of those fighting Scots..I certainly do hope not COACH... Good luck to both teams Friday night and may everyone stay safe be it covid, football or whatever... Hopefully we both have much more football to play this year.... and Mr. Swett... what might you be doing at a pawn shop??? I've lost my Black n Decker weed eater... GO RAIDERS...

Last edited:
Just played 48 minutes of football and worried about a walk by fist bump. SMDH
I never liked the after game shake for the players. Let the adults shake hands or wave and move on. My son had a game a few weeks back and the shaking of hands after a chippy game almost created a worst situation. The following week we had another game very similar and the coaches shook hands. The players told him it would be a bad idea to shake hands based on all the trash talking that was going on. I think it's just like other traditions at sporting events need to be done away with. Just play the damn game!

Reactions: nepsy7
I never liked the after game shake for the players. Let the adults shake hands or wave and move on. My son had a game a few weeks back and the shaking of hands after a chippy game almost created a worst situation. The following week we had another game very similar and the coaches shook hands. The players told him it would be a bad idea to shake hands based on all the trash talking that was going on. I think it's just like other traditions at sporting events need to be done away with. Just play the damn game!
I hear you. It's not surprising in this world today that a lack of discipline and sportsmanship would cancel tradition.

Scots havent shaken hands for a couple years, there's this thing called covid you may have heard of
is the reason.
So they can plat 4 quarters of football but can't bump fist at the end of the game??? This is the only team I have seen or heard about this season doing this. Only heard about it this last couple of weeks after losing. Oh well good luck tomorrow

Reactions: araiderfan
Its part of discipline and growing up...I say no excuse ...You knock heads all game , you should be able to bump hands after defeat or victory...Its a tradition that should be carried on in todays world...I saw no signs of bad sportsmanship in that jv game...There is enough of bad things going on in our society today... A valuable lesson to be learned in that handshake line...Boys become men , all in the learning process of growing up to be the men we want them to become...Good luck to both teams Friday , hoping its a learning experience with no injuries , as I think both teams will advance to the upper rounds of the playoffs....

Its part of discipline and growing up...I say no excuse ...You knock heads all game , you should be able to bump hands after defeat or victory...Its a tradition that should be carried on in todays world...I saw no signs of bad sportsmanship in that jv game...There is enough of bad things going on in our society today... A valuable lesson to be learned in that handshake line...Boys become men , all in the learning process of growing up to be the men we want them to become...Good luck to both teams Friday , hoping its a learning experience with no injuries , as I think both teams will advance to the upper rounds of the playoffs....
Preach

Someone referred to this Scots team reminding them of New Bern 2 years ago and the Scots team from a few years ago... I remember a Scots team that scored over 60 points against my Raiders a few years ago. A Scots team that shut my Raiders out at Raider Stadium just a few years ago... Lest we forget those brief Glory years of those fighting Scots..I certainly do hope not COACH... Good luck to both teams Friday night and may everyone stay safe be it covid, football or whatever... Hopefully we both have much more football to play this year.... and Mr. Swett... what might you be doing at a pawn shop??? I've lost my Black n Decker weed eater... GO RAIDERS...
Might be the same one I bought for $50 at Ned's Pawn 1600 S Main St, Laurinburg.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Im old school but I don't need football to teach my son how to be a man. You become a man by having role models and being instilled what is right and wrong. Football is just a game. Does it teach you about hard work and sacrifice you bet your ass! But there are plenty of great men that never step foot on a ball field of any kind. In college there is no line hand shake. When the game is over the players go their way. Some shake and others go to the locker room. When you have gotten you ass kicked most folks don't care to shake hands. I just don't see the need for it. The best respect on the field happens when you are playing. I can take it or leave for me I would leave it. Seen to many cases where the handshake lines ends up being the sucker punch/shit talking line! Kids are not like when we grew up. Maybe they should be but that horse has left the barn!

Young adults and kids today are just soft , they act like they are bad but they are just dangerous. Back in the day we Did the whole hand shake thing but then again we respect adults & other people regardless if the adult was wrong we told our parents the truth and let them handle it , but we also fought with hands now days it’s guns . I guess they are afraid they can’t take a defend . So whoever gets the bullet first wins. So maybe the hand shake does need to go away

And when I say what I say I am not being a smart mouth just speaking the truth . This is going on every where Richmond county is no better lately we have had shooting every week at least it seems like. I just don’t really see how Covid-19 is the issue because I would think there more contact all the field , but hey I am no dr .

And when I say what I say I am not being a smart mouth just speaking the truth . This is going on every where Richmond county is no better lately we have had shooting every week at least it seems like. I just don’t really see how Covid-19 is the issue because I would think there more contact all the field , but hey I am no dr .
Listen kids are not raised the same way for the most part. Social media is raising a good portion of them and the streets which is not a new phenomenon. The point i'm trying to make is people need to stop using sports and other things to raise their kids and do their damn job and teach them right from wrong, show them how to treat young ladies, respect for teachers (but not blind obedience), standing up for what is right and not popular, believing that everyone should be treated with dignity unless they prove themselves to be undeserving. When there are not parents involved other adults need to step in. There is a group called DADS just started they had over 40 fights in a 2 week span at a high school in Baton Rouge or Shreveport and a group of dads went to the school and said this needs to stop. They are now volunteering their time to be mentors to students and serve as monitors in the halls and at school events. There have been zero fights since then and it didn't take the government to do this. It was some dads that saw this was not an acceptable environment for learning. This is how you teach boys to become men not playing football! Football has been great to me but a lot of kids of color (not all) think sports and music is the only way out and that has to change!

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Listen kids are not raised the same way for the most part. Social media is raising a good portion of them and the streets which is not a new phenomenon. The point i'm trying to make is people need to stop using sports and other things to raise their kids and do their damn job and teach them right from wrong, show them how to treat young ladies, respect for teachers (but not blind obedience), standing up for what is right and not popular, believing that everyone should be treated with dignity unless they prove themselves to be undeserving. When there are not parents involved other adults need to step in. There is a group called DADS just started they had over 40 fights in a 2 week span at a high school in Baton Rouge or Shreveport and a group of dads went to the school and said this needs to stop. They are now volunteering their time to be mentors to students and serve as monitors in the halls and at school events. There have been zero fights since then and it didn't take the government to do this. It was some dads that saw this was not an acceptable environment for learning. This is how you teach boys to become men not playing football! Football has been great to me but a lot of kids of color (not all) think sports and music is the only way out and that has to change!
With all due respect to Nepsy7(bigdadd11103), this may be the best post on NcPreps I have ever seen. If not, the best ever. True respect!!!!!

Outstanding Devilmac99

Reactions: Tiger_Pride31
Just played 48 minutes of football and worried about a walk by fist bump. SMDH

So they can plat 4 quarters of football but can't bump fist at the end of the game??? This is the only team I have seen or heard about this season doing this. Only heard about it this last couple of weeks after losing. Oh well good luck tomorrow
I I really thought it would be the same raider to reply to my reply but it’s not , seems ignorant follows ignorant with comments . I just answered the question stated of the hands shake

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT