ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond QB Offered

His father redshirted his freshman season at UNC which was Mack Brown's last before taking the Texas job.

UNC probably interested in Hood to play cornerback or safety. Some say he’s to short to play QB at D1 level at under 6 feet tall. Seen him play and the kid can spin it and accurate. Maybe he will get to pass more this year and show off his talent. Good luck to this kid!

UNC probably interested in Hood to play cornerback or safety. Some say he’s to short to play QB at D1 level at under 6 feet tall. Seen him play and the kid can spin it and accurate. Maybe he will get to pass more this year and show off his talent. Good luck to this kid!

#1 pick in this year’s NFL Draft was 5”10’. #1 draft pick in 2018 was 6”1’.

UNC has been using the measuring tape more than the heart monitor the last 4-6 years time to start getting in some football players who can make plays. They have had a great start to doing this under Mack but can they retain them until signing day in December? Very tough schedule and 1-3 start is not out of the question.

UNC has been using the measuring tape more than the heart monitor the last 4-6 years time to start getting in some football players who can make plays. They have had a great start to doing this under Mack but can they retain them until signing day in December? Very tough schedule and 1-3 start is not out of the question.

With what Mack did finishing off the 2019 class and a current top 10 2020 recruiting class, I’d say he’s doing a fine job getting in players that can make plays. In addition to the current top 10 class and the beautiful new indoor/outdoor practice facilities, they’re also upgrading the locker room and weight room. Regardless of the start with a new system/coaches and a tough schedule, kids want to be a part of the new culture, which is evident by Mack’s recruiting thus far.

With what Mack did finishing off the 2019 class and a current top 10 2020 recruiting class, I’d say he’s doing a fine job getting in players that can make plays. In addition to the current top 10 class and the beautiful new indoor/outdoor practice facilities, they’re also upgrading the locker room and weight room. Regardless of the start with a new system/coaches and a tough schedule, kids want to be a part of the new culture, which is evident by Mack’s recruiting thus far.

Agree 100% but the new culture extends only as far as the W's. None of these new recruits will care much about the practice facilities if they get 4 wins and arent bowl eligible again. Mack is Back will turn quickly to..." Whose the old guy".

As it is Chapel Hill and not Tuscaloosa or Gainesville he probably gets a year grace period and the bar was lowered pretty far by Fedora. The biggest issue is not necessarily getting the LOI'S....its keeping the kids on campus. Ask Florida State how quickly a top 10 class can disappear after a rough season.

Regardless of the start with a new system/coaches and a tough schedule, kids want to be a part of the new culture, which is evident by Mack’s recruiting thus far.

The above could not be the furthest from the truth.. Millennials want instant success, and they're not sitting around waiting on a school to figure it out. Mack has wrote checks on winning as part of the new culture. Don't win and see what happens. You think schools have stop recruiting players that committed? They play 4 schools from NC, and could take L's from all 4. This is on the beginning. Gotta get the W's now. Great start though.

Hood is probably the same height as Sam Howell, who might be 6'

Last edited:
Regardless of the start with a new system/coaches and a tough schedule, kids want to be a part of the new culture, which is evident by Mack’s recruiting thus far.

The above could not be the furthest from the truth.. Millennials want instant success, and they're not sitting around waiting on a school to figure it out. Mack has wrote checks on winning as part of the new culture. Don't win and see what happens. You think schools have stop recruiting players that committed? They play 4 schools from NC, and could take L's from all 4. This is on the beginning. Gotta get the W's now. Great start though.

I stand by my comment. UNC has struggled the last few years and ended 2019 with a hell of a bang and 2020 is currently top 10. Change is in the air and kids want to be a part of it, proof has been in the pudding since Mack has gotten to CH. I’m not saying kids are going to wait 3-4 years to see if they figure it out but they’ll surely give him at least a year.

Looking forward to checking back on this in a few months.

Last edited:
Agree 100% but the new culture extends only as far as the W's. None of these new recruits will care much about the practice facilities if they get 4 wins and arent bowl eligible again. Mack is Back will turn quickly to..." Whose the old guy".

As it is Chapel Hill and not Tuscaloosa or Gainesville he probably gets a year grace period and the bar was lowered pretty far by Fedora. The biggest issue is not necessarily getting the LOI'S....its keeping the kids on campus. Ask Florida State how quickly a top 10 class can disappear after a rough season.

I’ve got a lot more trust in Mack, Brew and Thig than I do with Willie. The culture has been set pretty damn quick. I don’t think any fans, UNC or ABC’ers thought this was possible THIS early. The new facilities, culture, system is a great start but yes, need to translate it to W’s. Tough stretch to start the season with Clemson, SC and Miami in the first 5 but I think the key will be the final 6 games where they can show recruits this thing is back on track. We’ll see.

Also, you two Creek guys tell Trenton Simpson that Mack is BACK!

As of today, you guys are probably going to get him. He's really big on the Heels being the 1st to offer him. Unless his teammate Jordan Davis who starts @ DT for Georgia talks him out of it. He would most likely start for the Heels as a Freshman. He would have much stiffer competition at Georgia, which Davis is selling him on, because of the strong LB group at Georgia, he would most likely be a redshirt.

Last edited:
As of today, you guys are probably going to get him. He's really big on the Heels being the 1st to offer him. Unless his teammate Jordan Davis who starts @ DT for Georgia talks him out of it. He would most likely start for the Heels as a Freshman. He would have much stiffer competition at Georgia, which Davis is selling him on, because of the strong LB group at Georgia, he would most likely be a redshirt.

The choice I think is pretty black and white for Simpson. Choose UNC get early playing time Bowl eligible probably Sophomore year and play in decent bowl games through UNC career. Choose Georgia play 4 games Freshmen year use redshirt rule possibly start Redshirt Frosh year and play in major bowls and seriously contend for the Playoff every year.

Reactions: Crr1968
The choice I think is pretty black and white for Simpson. Choose UNC get early playing time Bowl eligible probably Sophomore year and play in decent bowl games through UNC career. Choose Georgia play 4 games Freshmen year use redshirt rule possibly start Redshirt Frosh year and play in major bowls and seriously contend for the Playoff every year.

Go Heels!

Kyler Murray? Baker Mayfield? Drew Brees?

Reactions: nepsy7
Let’s remind ourselves that UNC doesn’t have Hood QB locked down like y’all are made to believe. While society has yalls mind locked down on UNC, he went to Clemson’s camp the other day and met Dabo....

Man isn’t Dabo the highest or will become the highest paid college coach or what?

GO CLEMSON!!!!!!

Gus Malzahn, even with his extension, is on a flaming hot seat. In addition, his offenses have been somewhat dismal the last few years and had struggled at the QB position. Have a battle between two young ones for the position this season.

Howell is 6’2

They have him listed @ 6'1" on the Carolina Roster. They'll give you a inch on college football rosters. So he probably just hit 6' ft. He's definitely not 6'2"
My eyes tell me different after watching him since middle school, but I’m probably wrong

Once! It's really irrelevant if he's 5'11" or 6'1". He's a baller.
That's football everybody over exaggerates everything they round their height, weight, even skill up. I'll say this and most probably didnt know it.... they exaggerate their skill up also. Your local 4/5 star player really isnt 4 or 5 star, a lot of your 3 to no star players are better than their stars. Its HS football today over promotion and hype. I'm sure a lot of people are amazed with this news tho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT