ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds @ Roberson for MAC Championship

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Game of the year in the MAC and WNC. Roberson has been impressive and look to be Reynolds biggest challenger for the foreseeable future with a very good JV team too.

If Guest is back and healthy I think Reynolds wins by 13. If he doesn't play its a one score game either way.

Probably be good if Guest could get in a game or 2 before the playoffs. To get back to full speed. Probably would be rusty some. Best of luck for ACR.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
After watching Asheville play both, we really couldn't run against ACR but ran for about 250 yards against TC with what amounts to a JV Oline. I think ACR can get what they want on the ground..Now, #2 and #3 are two grown men at RB for TC and the QB has good size as well. There will be some serious collisions Friday night

hypothetically, Reynolds wins this week and enters the playoffs as a conference champion with 3 losses, what seed does that roughly get you? A 5?
We already have won the 3A conference title so we will be seeded as a conference champion. HSOT projected us to be an 8 seed regardless of the TCR game outcome.

This is a very intriguing matchup.. I just might have to drive up and watch this game. I haven’t seen ACR this year so I would like to see them to compare against some of the other top 3a teams I have watched… West Hendo , Hickory, South point, Crest all have great teams that I have seen this year …. For some reason I have really been into 3a football teams this year and it’s stacked !!!

It looks like it’s going to rain friday.

So best case scenario for Reynolds is max guest comes back this week, Reynolds beats Roberson, finishes the season 7-3 and make a deep run in the 3a playoffs as an 8 seed

Worst case scenario, max guest doesn’t return this week, you lose to roberson, finish the season 6-4, get an 8 seed still, max guest plays 2 games in the playoffs before Reynolds is eliminated and promptly transfers to Christ school where he becomes a junior again

I agree, Asheville should win their last two games and get in the playoffs, problem is they will be a wild card and probably headed to Charlotte for a first round game.
Should Asheville win the last two to make the playoffs, the best case scenario would be a rematch with Lake Norman. They were good...not great but good. And we had a team meltdown in the second half which had to be addressed unfortunately

Yea but as a team that will barely get in, we will play one of the top 4-6 best teams in the state of NC

Weddington is 108-0 against Buncombe county teams…. And not only that, they beat the GOOD Reynolds and Asheville teams
Should Asheville win the last two to make the playoffs, the best case scenario would be a rematch with Lake Norman. They were good...not great but good. And we had a team meltdown in the second half which had to be addressed unfortunately
The Lake is still undeafeated headed for a showdown against cross town rival Mooresville... They will play for the Conference Championship in 2 weeks...

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT