ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville @ West Stokes

you can tell the enthusiasm for the Rams this year is way off going by lack of posts or responses......too much success breeds apathy...............................maybe things will pick back up before year is over but I'm wary....to be fair way too much was expected out of this team before the season even started..................

you can tell the enthusiasm for the Rams this year is way off going by lack of posts or responses......too much success breeds apathy...............................maybe things will pick back up before year is over but I'm wary....to be fair way too much was expected out of this team before the season even started..................

Yeah maybe too much was expected. This feels like the 2015 team. The only difference is the 2015 team didn’t have many expectations

Reactions: Swo1980
He will definitely make the Rams better, West defense has played well despite losing couple players to injury but this will be a tough matchup.

West seems like they are real tough on defense. How is the offense? I know 13 is a really good playmaker. I know the offensive scores seem low, but just wanted to get your opinion.

Reactions: Swo1980
West seems like they are real tough on defense. How is the offense? I know 13 is a really good playmaker. I know the offensive scores seem low, but just wanted to get your opinion.
They are a work in progress. West had a lot of seniors on offense last year and whole different coaching staff. I've been impressed with the coaching so far on both sides of the ball. Things will have to go their way to pull this out but hope they give Reidsville competitive game. The conference from what I've seen is down. If it means anything we have a good kicker

Reactions: tarheel fan1
West Stokes scored a TD but it was called back because the runner was penalized for hurdle.

West Stokes has a good kicker ... with his second FG it's now 20-8 , still in 2nd quarter.

Flippen with second TD on a kickoff return. 28-8 after 2-point conversion with 1:07 left in half.

Cam Jones scores on 3-yard TD pass from Al Lee ... Grady Barrett kicks PAT and Rams lead 35-8 with a few seconds left in half.
Now 89 career TD passes by Lee.

Last edited:
Lee 5 of 6 for 55 yards passing. Sharpe also has a 42-yard pass completion.
Cobb 2 TD runs. Flippen 2 kickoff return TDs.

West Stokes came into game 3-0 in conference and 5-2 overall and on a 4-game winning streak so no doubt Reidsville was impressive in the first half.

Couldn't understand kicking to #1 especially second time. Both kicks were great but coverage was terrible.

Flippen third TD on 49-yard pass from Lee ... 42-8

Reidsville with the weapons and mismatches on offense they should score 50 every game. First drive of third quarter didn't really need to throw the pass that got intercepted just run it in.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Stats:
With two kickoff returns and a fumble return, your offensive plays, time of possession and first downs take a hit on the stat chart.. With that in mind:
Offensive plays: Reidsville 29, West 61
Time: R 11:27, W 36:33
First downs: R 14, W 13.

Also:
Total yards: R 265, W 203

Individual:
Cobb 6 carries, 40 yards, 2 TD; 98 yard TD on fumble return
Lee 1 carry, 17 yards; 10 of 13 passing with one int, 143 yards and 2 TDs
Jones 6 receptions, 89 yards
Flippen 3 receptions, 70 yards, 1 TD; also 186 yards on kickoff returns, 2 TD
Sharpe 1 for 1 passing, 42 yards; 1 reception, 18 yards
Shryock 59-yard punt; 4 tackles for loss, 1 sack
Widerman 11 tackles
Miller and Rhodes 8 tackles
Harrison 7 tackles, 1 TFL; 1 reception for 8 yards
J Pinnix and G Robinson interceptions
Barrett 3 for 3 on PAT (Rams first kicking points of the season)

Note that tackle stats are unofficial until game film is graded

Last edited:
Reactions: Ooooner
Stats:
With two kickoff returns and a fumble return, your offensive plays, time of possession and first downs take a hit on the stat chart.. With that in mind:
Offensive plays: Reidsville 29, West 61
Time: R 11:27, W 36:33
First downs: R 14, W 13.

Also:
Total yards: R 265, W 203

Individual:
Cobb 6 carries, 40 yards, 2 TD; 98 yard TD on fumble return
Lee 1 carry, 17 yards; 10 of 13 passing with one int, 143 yards and 2 TDs
Jones 6 receptions, 89 yards
Flippen 3 receptions, 70 yards, 1 TD; also 186 yards on kickoff returns, 2 TD
Sharpe 1 for 1 passing, 42 yards; 1 reception, 18 yards
Shryock 59-yard punt; 4 tackles for loss, 1 sack
Widerman 11 tackles
Miller and Rhodes 8 tackles
Harrison 7 tackles, 1 TFL; 1 reception for 8 yards
J Pinnix and G Robinson interceptions
Barrett 3 for 3 on PAT (Rams first kicking points of the season)

Note that tackle stats are unofficial until game film is graded
After last night's game, Flippen is only 468 receiving yards away from Na Brown's all-time Reidsville record. Al Lee needs 138 passing yards and 17 passing TDs to match Pinnix's records.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT