ADVERTISEMENT

REIDSVILLE VS. E. MONTGOMERY

mg237

Nov 18, 2017
MCKINNEY STATS 32 CARRIES 208 YDS IS MISS LEADING, HE HAD 1 RUSH FOR 84YDS AND 1 FOR 40YDS, REST OF NIGHT 30 CARRIES FOR 84YDS, HE WAS SHUT DOWN MOST OF NIGHT EXCEPT FOR 2 CARRIES

MCKINNEY STATS 32 CARRIES 208 YDS IS MISS LEADING, HE HAD 1 RUSH FOR 84YDS AND 1 FOR 40YDS, REST OF NIGHT 30 CARRIES FOR 84YDS, HE WAS SHUT DOWN MOST OF NIGHT EXCEPT FOR 2 CARRIES
Yeah but out of those 30 carries, how many did he come close to busting wide open?!? Doesn’t sound too “shut down” to me.

Yeah but out of those 30 carries, how many did he come close to busting wide open?!? Doesn’t sound too “shut down” to me.
Yeah, he was shut down except for two long runs. The 84 yd TD run was on a busted coverage when the Rams safety got confused and blitzed the right defensive side and McKinney broke through the left side. He was not supposed to blitz at all. McKinney has enough speed to make a defense pay for those kind of mistakes.

McKinney will be a great back for dhags App St unless some of the bigger schools get involved. And that might happen. I talked with one of the sports agents that works North Carolina Saturday and he said that McKinney's performance against Reidsville would get him some second looks from other recruiters

Sorry, dhag. Better keep your fingers crossed.

Over 200 yards rushing, however he got it, is not being “shutdown”. Judging by these guys logic, they certainly weren’t fans of Barry Sanders, my favorite all time runningback, he was notorious for losing yards, then suddenly, breaking long runs in a game. These Reidsville guys are accustomed to their team playing the likes of Graham and McMichael, and having their whole roster, both offensively and defensively, having inflated stats, while limiting those weak opponents to practically nothing. Things are going to look a little differently now, quality of opponents is better.

Out of 32 carries, 17 went for 3 yards or less and three were more than seven: 9, 40 and 84.
Just the facts ... also a fact that McKinney is one of the best break-away running threats in N.C. class of 2018. I'll be watching him at the next level.

Out of 32 carries, 17 went for 3 yards or less and three were more than seven: 9, 40 and 84.
Just the facts ... also a fact that McKinney is one of the best break-away running threats in N.C. class of 2018. I'll be watching him at the next level.
Outside of you guys, who would really break down his carries like that? And, the young man got his yards without the threat of a passing game, just imagine if they had a passing game to keep your D honest. Props to the young man, indeed.

Reactions: thekidd12
Outside of you guys, who would really break down his carries like that? And, the young man got his yards without the threat of a passing game, just imagine if they had a passing game to keep your D honest. Props to the young man, indeed.
I'm one of the stat guys for Reidsville - only reason I broke it down because it did look like Reidsville did a pretty good job of containing him and he still got 208.
Not only was there no real passing attack, he looked to be the main running threat. Being keyed on all season and gaining 2600+ yards ... awesome.

Outside of you guys, who would really break down his carries like that?

Could not agree more Lion Attack...

Now if you could get that other guy/guys from down your way to think the way you and I do in that stats are not changed because of a few long runs or passes or turnovers thrown in...

OK never mind that ain't happening.

Rams did do a good job in the 1st half. Mckiney got loose in the 2nd half. Sorry we shouldn't give up 200 yards though.

Could not agree more Lion Attack...

Now if you could get that other guy/guys from down your way to think the way you and I do in that stats are not changed because of a few long runs or passes or turnovers thrown in...

OK never mind that ain't happening.
Lol

Over 200 yards rushing, however he got it, is not being “shutdown”. Judging by these guys logic, they certainly weren’t fans of Barry Sanders, my favorite all time runningback, he was notorious for losing yards, then suddenly, breaking long runs in a game. These Reidsville guys are accustomed to their team playing the likes of Graham and McMichael, and having their whole roster, both offensively and defensively, having inflated stats, while limiting those weak opponents to practically nothing. Things are going to look a little differently now, quality of opponents is better.
McKinney is nothing like Barry Saunders. Saunders was a juke and shake type.

McKinney is a power back with speed. He just lines up and pounds the line. And I think he will have a great career at App St or wherever he winds up.

Reactions: Berrysauce2
I’m not surprised..he’s a really good running back and with his number of carriers, he was going to break loose. Now it’s on to Thanksgiving leftovers for EM on Friday night!

McKinney is nothing like Barry Saunders. Saunders was a juke and shake type.

McKinney is a power back with speed. He just lines up and pounds the line. And I think he will have a great career at App St or wherever he winds up.
No one is Barry. Lol. I was just stating there were often games where Barry had a lot of negative carries/carries for minimal yardage, but would break one or two long runs, and finish with what appeared to be a strong rushing game, stat wise. I could have articulated it better in that post.

Reactions: Berrysauce2
McKinney was a very good back...long, fast but he was a virtual 1 man show...I think some posters are trying to explain the fact that he had 31 carries (a huge amount for a high school back) for 202 yds......124 came on 2 carries....the other 29 carries netted 78 yds...Reidsville pretty much had game in hand when he had the two td runs.....not disparaging him at all....best of luck to him at App. St....................................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT