ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville HS HFC is open

lol.....you gotta forgive some of these younger guys....guys like me know about Burton Cates and his many successes at Eastern Randolph and one of the Lee County schools.....................
What year did we go down to Eastern Randolph to see the Rams play?

lol.....you gotta forgive some of these younger guys....guys like me know about Burton Cates and his many successes at Eastern Randolph and one of the Lee County schools.....................
What years was Donnie Baxter coach at Eastern?

Be great for him to get that. He's done a great job at eastern. Few MA guys think that was the best team they played this year. Not sure I buy that since 68 was not playing for tarboro but it's a good argument

Comparing my QB1 stats to his would be like apples and oranges…..rams receivers this past year and for the next two years are phenomenal…..and to have them
On the same Team…..amazing…..nothing like I played with (not saying it would have made me better)

I think we will be fine next season with al. Beyond next year we will have guys at the skill position, but it will remain to be seen what we do at Qb going forward.

I think we will be fine next season with al. Beyond next year we will have guys at the skill position, but it will remain to be seen what we do at Qb going forward.

Id love to see Neal get a chance at QB in 2024. May be to valuable at other spots though

How can Myers Park lose a coach and name a new one in less than a day and Reidsville, twelve days later, has not done anything? I am afraid that a lack of urgency reflects a generally apathetic attitude towards football by the powers that be.

How can Myers Park lose a coach and name a new one in less than a day and Reidsville, twelve days later, has not done anything? I am afraid that a lack of urgency reflects a generally apathetic attitude towards football by the powers that be.

We pretty much know who it’s going to be

Sure, Reidsville has a long standing tradition of being apathetic towards the football program. Everyone know that. :rolleyes:

I just think it will be Erik. If coach marrs was younger he’d be a good candidate, bates would be great as well. I think with familiarity with Teague and he’s young, that’s where they’d go. I’m not sure who applied though

He would be the best qb in 2024, but him and kendre with others at the skill positions would be hard to stop. I've never seen the jv qb play, but I hear he's solid.
I went to a few JV games last year and from what I saw the QB Jeremiah Cobb has some solid potential. He showed solid arm strength and accuracy and also has good mobility, not quite Dionte Neal level agility but probably still better than Al Lee in that department.

Reactions: nwguilford007
I went to a few JV games last year and from what I saw the QB Jeremiah Cobb has some solid potential. He showed solid arm strength and accuracy and also has good mobility, not quite Dionte Neal level agility but probably still better than Al Lee in that department.

This is a good year for him to develop. By the time he is a senior he should be ready to go then. He will have plenty of weapons'

I hope rho9 dont see this...assuming he is a relative of the current cobb who is on varsity?

I hope rho9 dont see this...assuming he is a relative of the current cobb who is on varsity?
I have no idea if there is any relation between the two, they are in the same grade so would likely be cousins but I have no idea. Some other big names to watch for are RB Michael Smith, and WRs Frankie and Omarie Galloway.

will page and eastern alamance still be on schedule?

They haven't released the schedule yet. I hope those 2 are still on the schedule though. Both will be good. I'm hoping we drop Western Alamance, they are solid, but would love to play someone else.

That would be great! I don't think we will get either next season unfortunately. I do want to hear a schedule update soon though, as well as a hc update

Head Coach update..... they haven't made any announcements that Im aware of. Not sure what the hold up is or if the job has to be open for a certain amount of time. I would think in the next few weeks they will make an announcement.

Schedule update.... was told same teams as last year, but heard at the bball game that the conference schedule got reordered to some extent.

Field update... last I heard they have taken down a goal post LOL

Head Coach update..... they haven't made any announcements that Im aware of. Not sure what the hold up is or if the job has to be open for a certain amount of time. I would think in the next few weeks they will make an announcement.

Schedule update.... was told same teams as last year, but heard at the bball game that the conference schedule got reordered to some extent.

Field update... last I heard they have taken down a goal post LOL

Dang, not sure why I'm so against playing Western Alamance, but I wanted someone else.

I'm kind of curious to see who applied. Bates would be the only one I think could get it over Teague.

Dang, not sure why I'm so against playing Western Alamance, but I wanted someone else.

I'm kind of curious to see who applied. Bates would be the only one I think could get it over Teague.
Page coach in the mix?

Western used to be a big rivalry game with a good gate. Not sure why they are not as good as they used to be year in and year out.

I dont see Bates or Robertson applying for a number of reasons, but obviously I dont know anything for sure. I just think they wouldn't apply given their relationship with the Teagues, especially since both have pretty good gigs in Guilford County.

Western used to be a big rivalry game with a good gate. Not sure why they are not as good as they used to be year in and year out.

I dont see Bates or Robertson applying for a number of reasons, but obviously I dont know anything for sure. I just think they wouldn't apply given their relationship with the Teagues, especially since both have pretty good gigs in Guilford County.
Bates has applied. Also I am told a search committee will be appointed.

Last edited:
Also heard ET applied for another job. Maybe there is more to this than meets the eye.

Big Q, if EB were to get it how long would he stay? Granted, compared to the places he has been Reidsville is a destination job but his history as a head coach is he doesn't hang around for very long.

Also heard ET applied for another job. Maybe there is more to this than meets the eye.

Big Q, if EB were to get it how long would he stay? Granted, compared to the places he has been Reidsville is a destination job but his history as a head coach is he doesn't hang around for very long.
what other job has ET been rumored to interview for? but i think Bates would stay at Reidsville for a while. I would think he would be taking a small paycut coming to reidsville wouldnt he?

Also, coaches Doug Marrs and Steve Knowles have retired. Marrs has applied for Athletic Director of the Rockingham County Schools.

Lots of positions for the new head coach to fill.

Also, coaches Doug Marrs and Steve Knowles have retired. Marrs has applied for Athletic Director of the Rockingham County Schools.

Lots of positions for the new head coach to fill.

Yes, lots of questions to be answered here in the next month or so

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT