ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville Football Updates

Ooooner

Apr 12, 2006
Concord, North Carolina
Hey all! Just checking in to see if there is any "gossip" about what's going on with Reidsville Football. Unless things have changed since last Fall, looks like the RAMS will be ready to defend their 2A title!

Chime in with your thoughts on the current landscape in 2A football in North Carolina as well!

I haven't heard much. Breon is getting a lot of offers. From what the paper said this is a confident group with a lot of talent back.

Reactions: Ooooner
Are you guys dreading playing East Surry.. They have 3 D1 players with several offers. Hope you can stay within a couple of TD's of this power house. Word is they are going to run the score up on you guys. LOL

Are you guys dreading playing East Surry.. They have 3 D1 players with several offers. Hope you can stay within a couple of TD's of this power house. Word is they are going to run the score up on you guys. LOL
They had a good half against Tarboro lol

Last edited:
Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
Are there any new players? Such as jv players stepping up to varsity, freshman, players who didn’t play last year or transfers?

Look for the Rams Colby Johnson to have a big year on both sides of the ball.

Much larger and stronger than last year and has a great attitude.

Also QB Pinnix has hit a growth period and will surprise Ram followers with his size this year.

Rams only graduated one of their top receivers and Colby Johnson will fill that void nicely. He was really coming on until suffering the elbow injury in the Graham game, causing him to miss the rest of the season. A couple of hard-running backs with good size will complement what looks to be a dynamic passing attack.
Untested in the kicking game after losing Zach Baber, who stepped right in after record-setting Brad Green graduated. They'll be kicking in the same DIII conference the next couple of seasons.

Rams only graduated one of their top receivers and Colby Johnson will fill that void nicely. He was really coming on until suffering the elbow injury in the Graham game, causing him to miss the rest of the season. A couple of hard-running backs with good size will complement what looks to be a dynamic passing attack.
Untested in the kicking game after losing Zach Baber, who stepped right in after record-setting Brad Green graduated. They'll be kicking in the same DIII conference the next couple of seasons.
Biggest need will be to fill linebacker spots, particularly middle linebacker.

See you guys stole the kid from Cummings, really sad that you do this with no worries of any backlash.

Rebel ... Transfers are a part of high school sports. For example, Reidsville has had students transfer to Morehead to help their wrestling careers (about 10 years ago). Students want to play at a school where there is a great coaching staff and support of a program.
It's not the school recruiting a player, it's a player recruiting a program.
Not sure what you're talking about anyway. I can assure you that 99% of Reidsville's players come through the youth and middle school programs.

Find it hard to believe that a kid transfers his Sr year. I'm speaking of the Wr from Cummings.

Question? If you are transferring from Alamance Co you have to relocate correct considering Reidsville is in a different county. Now maybe this kid woke up one day and said hey I want to go to a better program and they outright moved but I highly doubt it

in 1998 Reidsville beat Clinton 34-33 in a classic...Dark Horses were coming off of a 2 year run as state champs....Reidsville had knocked

off the top seed South Columbus in Tabor City the week before 37-7..................

Didn't they beat Clinton in the 2000s like 49-14 or something? Or was that Cummings Caveliers

Question? If you are transferring from Alamance Co you have to relocate correct considering Reidsville is in a different county. Now maybe this kid woke up one day and said hey I want to go to a better program and they outright moved but I highly doubt it

Happens all the time everywhere with every sport.

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
See you guys stole the kid from Cummings, really sad that you do this with no worries of any backlash.
. Reidsville don’t need nothing Cummings got. We got 3 outstanding Receivers Returning. It’s not Reidsville’s fault a kid decides to Transfer in. With what we got returning we don’t have to go out and recruit no one

He is legit and a great athelete on the basketball court as well. Another program hurt by Reidsville greed. He will be a starter for Reidsville and a major contributor. Big WR that can track the ball

Seems like he would have made this move maybe a year or two ago. Not the first and won't be the last. It's not like the NCHSAA or anyone else for that matter will look into.

Another program hurt by Reidsville greed.

Sounds like we have a forum contributor that thinks teams such as Reidsville has "greed" so they go out and steal players off other teams. I don't think Reidsville needs to steal players as they can win with the players and coaches they have.

So the kid from Cummings just ups and decided to transfer to Reidsville. Wonder how that process works.

Maybe it's just a simple decision by the player and his family to do what best for him. Whats wrong with that? If the kid wants to play for a higher profile team that would get him more attention to colleges, then it's up to the parents and kid to decide what's best for them. Heck, I could be selfish and want Zion to come back to Duke but that's not what's best for his family.

Reactions: Kylar2018
Whatever makes Reidsville fans sleep well at night but we all know how this goes. I'll give you one thing heck of a booster club you guys act quick.

Whatever makes Reidsville fans sleep well at night but we all know how this goes. I'll give you one thing heck of a booster club you guys act quick.

I hate to say it Cummings is bad. So he probably was looking elsewhere even if it was somewhere in Greensboro or Alamance. I’m sure it’s attractive to play at reidsville, you have breon getting a lot of looks. Also that kid has div one offer already from
What I understand and another offer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT