ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Randleman Baseball for 2017

maddox#1

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2003
It's time to start thinking baseball and around town our hopes are very high for our Tigers.....We have all three pitchers back from last year , plus a rising soph. who is the brother of Kemp .......and he pitches also.......A good crop of returning players makes us very happy with the prospects of a healthy year......Talk to me about the rest of the state......

Defending state champion East Rutherford loses their ace pitcher and a number of hitters from their lineup, but do bring back a few key hitters, not sure what regional runner up Parkwood loses, though if I remember correctly, they were very young with one of their key players as a freshman....In the East, the two teams from the regional finals also figure to be loaded for another deep playoff run, as both John A. Holmes (Edenton) and South Granville bring back almost all of their pitching...the Aces lose only two seniors from their entire varsity roster and everybody else returning will be that much more experienced and hungry, South Granville lost 9 or 10 seniors but only one of those was a pitcher....Fairmont has been a 4th round playoff team the last two years, but I believe the bulk of their key players graduated...Midway could reappear as a contender as they finished the year strong last year and return almost everybody from a team that battled tough with Edenton-Holmes in a playoff loss, Bunn was a high seed last year but lost 9 or 10 seniors, almost all of whom did play crucial roles, they have three or four key guys returning and I'm sure will find a way to be a tough team to beat...Roanoke Rapids is another one of those teams that lost some key players but also brings back enough scrappy guys to be good enough to beat anybody on any given day....Also keep an eye on St. Pauls....this team went 0-20 in 2015 to a third round playoff team in 2016, and they bring back almost everybody

It's time to start thinking baseball and around town our hopes are very high for our Tigers.....We have all three pitchers back from last year , plus a rising soph. who is the brother of Kemp .......and he pitches also.......A good crop of returning players makes us very happy with the prospects of a healthy year......Talk to me about the rest of the state......
MADDOX What's up? Yes I am always thinking baseball. Lost you on football forum after Andrews game?

Anyway ER has all their pitchers back too. Lost a couple of significant Seniors to graduation but return rest of lineup. Hopefully they can make things interesting this year in PAC6.

Well Friday you get your turn at HPA..We missed an extra point in overtime to win it , but we missed. Let's see how the mighty Wildcats do?????????????????

Never said they were mighty? Said they were overachievers. Don't know how they will do. Already won 3 times as many games as was predicted by many at the start of year.
Only thing I said was right now ER north of Randleman. Also said next two weeks could change a lot of things.

Ain't this about baseball? Just wanted to say ER returns all their pitching. Also think PG does as well and talked to their lefty the other day and he says he is almost all the way back from injury. Trinity returns their hardest throwing starter as well as a junior that should help them a lot in rotation. Wheatmore has their number one back for his senior year and he can beat almost any team in conference on a given night if they score some runs for him. Whoever comes out on top in conference may have a tough time this year. A lot will depend on how pitchers 3 or 4 are due to pitch counts.

Well that is my assesment of PAC6 returning pitching. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

no problem Kidd2 , just wanted you to know that I think E R can beat HPA , but , You better be able to stop those two running backs. They are tough.......I guess you know that if you beat HPA and we beat you...3 way tie and a draw.....

As for baseball until you knock us off , all roads lead thru RHS

ER defense has been pretty good at times but not sure how they will do tonight. Homecoming too. Wow. And playing Randleman for a chance at a tie for conference championship would be cool but don't overlook PG. Remember last year? They could make it interesting for the Tigers.

And yeah yeah goes through Randleman. I know but you never can tell how highschoolers will perform when pressure is on. In other words in baseball there is always a chance because there ain't no clock. But you do have to hit a little.

See ya.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT