ADVERTISEMENT

Randleman Baseball!!

rambbq

Nov 13, 2002
Reidsville, NC
First off, I know this is a football message board but more people follow this than the other threads...Second off I'm a Reidsville fan, not Randleman....I also have a grandson who is a freshman starter on the Croatan varsity baseball team....They (Croatan) got beat in the 3rd round of the 3A playoff by South Brunswick (a team that is playing for the 3A state title game this weekend)....but I'm giving a big time shout out to the Randleman Tigers who are playing Whiteville this weekend in the state 2A title game...

Check out these facts: Randleman is 31-1 with 16 of their wins being SHUTOUTS...

In the state playoffs so far this year they have won their games 15-0 over Lincolnton,
11-0 over East Gaston, 17-0 over Mt. Pleasant, 10-0 over East Surry, and in the regional final 12-0 over Community school of Davidson and 9-0 over the same squad....That is SIX shutouts in the playoffs!! A combined score of 74-0....That is truly staggering....just wanted to point this out to the people that don't follow high school baseball.....

Last edited:
First off, I know this is a football message board but more people follow this than the other threads...Second off I'm a Reidsville fan, not Randleman....I also have a grandson who is a freshman starter on the Croatan varsity baseball team....They (Croatan) got beat in the 3rd round of the 3A playoff by South Brunswick (a team that is playing for the 3A state title game this weekend)....but I'm giving a big time shout out to the Randleman Tigers who are playing Whiteville this weekend in the state 2A title game...

Check out these facts: Randleman is 31-1 with 16 of their wins being SHUTOUTS...

In the state playoffs so far this year they have won their games 15-0 over Lincolnton,
11-0 over East Gaston, 17-0 over Mt. Pleasant, 10-0 over East Surry, and in the regional final 12-0 over Community school of Davidson and 9-0 over the same squad....That is SIX shutouts in the playoffs!! A combined score of 74-0....That is truly staggering....just wanted to point this out to the people that don't follow high school baseball.....
Randleman must be loaded. East Gaston had a very good team and Randleman made short work of us.

As I mentioned in one of the baseball forums I would love and see Randleman take on undefeated 4A Providence just to see how it would turn out.
In 1982 South Caldwell won the 4A title in baseball. Cherryville won the 2A title the same year. These teams met in a non-conference game earlier that season and Cherryville won.

winning 31 games is impressive enough but to go thru Six playoff games without giving up a run is unreal....usually odds would favor someone scratching out at least a run with a hit , walk and maybe a steal or two,,,that's the stat that sticks out to me.....wish some Randleman poster would give us some more info...............

Baseball is a bit of a different animal. Not related to Randleman but you can have a powerhouse team run into a team that is not of the same quality but they have a stud pitcher that shuts them down. The one game tournament style until the regional can cause some strange outcomes.

With the pitch count in place I would like to see the NCHSAA allow the baseball teams to add to the 24 game max. If you want to play 30 regular season have at it. They push "participation" so lets allow more kids to get on the mound.

Would prefer to see the playoffs reduced in number of teams and play best of three but that could turn into a scheduling nightmare. May be the first round as is and then go to the best of three.

Just my thoughts. What say you baseball guys?

Baseball is a bit of a different animal. Not related to Randleman but you can have a powerhouse team run into a team that is not of the same quality but they have a stud pitcher that shuts them down. The one game tournament style until the regional can cause some strange outcomes.

With the pitch count in place I would like to see the NCHSAA allow the baseball teams to add to the 24 game max. If you want to play 30 regular season have at it. They push "participation" so lets allow more kids to get on the mound.

Would prefer to see the playoffs reduced in number of teams and play best of three but that could turn into a scheduling nightmare. May be the first round as is and then go to the best of three.

Just my thoughts. What say you baseball guys?
I couldn’t agree more.

Perhaps…a double elimination required at some point earlier in the playoffs….maybe after the 1st round….a winners bracket and a losers bracket. I think South Carolina does something like that…. I’m not sure.
The sudden death playoff format that NC uses has its merits as well; but, ONE ACE can certainly level the playing field for a lesser team in a one game shootout.

This years’ 3a west bracket with a double elimination would’ve been quite special!😉

Have mercy….Of course I’m one of the few that truly loves the game!…every boring minute of it!😂

I’ll go on record and say….South Rowan prolly wins the west either way.

Good luck to the Raiders and the Ironmen this weekend….

Randleman won’t need it!😂

OMG…
I can’t leave you 2A guys alone for one minute and all heck breaks loose…
Yes orange/ blue is 31-1.
No we never call them by their government name…
That is quite a team in northern Randolph. HC recently was interviewed on Fox8 and bragged on feeder rec programs…
With a straight face!!!
Sorry…
Transfer portal is killing HS sports…
I meant college 😜😜

My question is. Is Randleman the the best 2A team that has come along in history. I wouldn’t know since I haven’t kept up through the years.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
winning 31 games is impressive enough but to go thru Six playoff games without giving up a run is unreal....usually odds would favor someone scratching out at least a run with a hit , walk and maybe a steal or two,,,that's the stat that sticks out to me.....wish some Randleman poster would give us some more info...............
Only orange/blue poster that would talk baseball stopped a few years back. Very few on here to comment on football.

ER aint too shabby these days. Yall have a coach that LOVES the sport and the kids he works with.
He’s a good man. I agree he does love the sport and cares a lot about his players. Even talks to one old guy quite a bit. Hopefully things keep improving. Been kinda tough since my baby boy graduated but playoff run has created some excitement.

For those that care orange/blue won state championship yesterday. They did end up allowing 5 runs in last game though.

Oh well them winning made PAC7 record 17-3 in baseball playoffs. That’s the best thing that came out of it in my opinion 😂

Jake Smith is a good baseball mind and a good coach. That being said, he's winning and winning A LOT with kids that aren't from or in the Randleman district if we are all being honest. The whole Diamond Xtreme funnel of talent seems to always make it's way to Randleman eventually. 2 of Randleman's best players are actually Northern Davidson County kids who's parents live in half a million dollar homes, but now "live" at an apartment complex in Randleman

Jake Smith is a good baseball mind and a good coach. That being said, he's winning and winning A LOT with kids that aren't from or in the Randleman district if we are all being honest. The whole Diamond Xtreme funnel of talent seems to always make it's way to Randleman eventually. 2 of Randleman's best players are actually Northern Davidson County kids who's parents live in half a million dollar homes, but now "live" at an apartment complex in Randleman
Shhhhh…
And he thanked local rec programs for supplying talent…😜

And..?? Everyone ( including NCHSAA and the LEA's that approved it) knows kids transferred in. I legitimately don't understand what the point of this argument is this day in age.

The NCHSAA allows private/parochial and Charter schools membership in public school conferences. They play by a different set of rules.

IMO a public school has two choices, complain and cry about it even though nothing is going to change, or do what Eastern Randolph has been doing for decades under the Cates regime.

By the way, have you seen the Randleman baseball facilities?? It's better than many colleges. If I was a top tier kid I would want to be there to!

And..?? Everyone ( including NCHSAA and the LEA's that approved it) knows kids transferred in. I legitimately don't understand what the point of this argument is this day in age.

The NCHSAA allows private/parochial and Charter schools membership in public school conferences. They play by a different set of rules.

IMO a public school has two choices, complain and cry about it even though nothing is going to change, or do what Eastern Randolph has been doing for decades under the Cates regime.

By the way, have you seen the Randleman baseball facilities?? It's better than many colleges. If I was a top tier kid I would want to be there to!
And?

And there is nothing impressive about a state championship with borrowed talent lol. Randleman isn’t a private or charter school you dolt, they are a rural public school lol. Thank the area communities and counties that enabled a state championship.

I fought hard for baseball and American Legion sections to stay, but ultimately lack of clicks won out.
I understand and thank you for your efforts…
It’s always been just a few of us that love what used to be America’s game.
Your postings of standings as well as the contributions from Hon Dines are what keep me coming back.
Thanks to both of you.

And?

And there is nothing impressive about a state championship with borrowed talent lol. Randleman isn’t a private or charter school you dolt, they are a rural public school lol. Thank the area communities and counties that enabled a state championship.
Well I'm sure the Tiger faithful will lose sleep knowing you weren't impressed. I'll assume your on the crying half I referred to.

Heck, orange and blue hatred aside, I think even thekidd will admit he was impressed. Well maybe he won't admit it publicly.

Well I'm sure the Tiger faithful will lose sleep knowing you weren't impressed. I'll assume your on the crying half I referred to.

Heck, orange and blue hatred aside, I think even thekidd will admit he was impressed. Well maybe he won't admit it publicly.
Orange/blue had an impressive baseball team this year. Everybody raved about their hitting however their biggest asset was the pitching staff. As you stated Jake is an excellent coach and the team he puts on field seems to always make the right play.

Only problem I had, which has been covered, was his interview where he thanked rec feeding programs in the area. All joking aside the orange/blue MS team was extremely good this year. I can’t help but wonder where those young men will end up playing HS ball?

As Chute said above, and I mentioned earlier, I would like to see how 98 ER team would do against them.

Congrats on back to back. If orange/blue reloads, and they will, come by baseball threads some. Ain’t no fun picking on y’all without anybody coming back at me.

to be clear, this Randleman team is the best randolph county has ever seen at the high school level. the discussion around where a decent portion of the top tier players came from is a fair one, but nothing can be taken away from what they actually did on the field. And Jake is a really good coach. He’s not exactly just rolling out the balls. He’s taking top tier talent and making them better.

Orange/blue had an impressive baseball team this year. Everybody raved about their hitting however their biggest asset was the pitching staff. As you stated Jake is an excellent coach and the team he puts on field seems to always make the right play.

Only problem I had, which has been covered, was his interview where he thanked rec feeding programs in the area. All joking aside the orange/blue MS team was extremely good this year. I can’t help but wonder where those young men will end up playing HS ball?

As Chute said above, and I mentioned earlier, I would like to see how 98 ER team would do against them.

Congrats on back to back. If orange/blue reloads, and they will, come by baseball threads some. Ain’t no fun picking on y’all without anybody coming back at me.
Middle School went undefeated and the JV team lost 1 game to SE Guilford I believe. Plenty of talent in the sophomore and junior class, many already committed to next level.

As for the transfers, you know its not exclusive to the Tigers or ER in this county. I think if you dig a little deeper you'll see that. That Trinity Bulldog baseball team had a heck of a year! That roster had a couple of nice additions this year.

Also congrats to that Navy and Grey school up in Climax on that Men's basketball championship. That UCA transfer that was player of the year really helped. But they sip on that Climax Kool Aid and believe they do things the right way so they probably didn't put that trophy in the case.

But I digress. That 98 team was very good! I am familiar.

Who's loaded, Randleman or South Rowan?
I know South Rowan had a really good team and won their 1st 3A State Championship baseball. But Randleman handed it to South Rowan 19-2 early in the season. Welcome aboard urgeysf54. Glad to see more poster come on and interact.

Tigerdad, Randleman baseball had a heck of a year. Jake smith does a great job and has a great staff. No doubt he takes top level talent and continues to develop them.

Funny how you feel the need to throw shade at the Navy/Grey program who does things the right way though, the coach they have is working his tail off to develop their talent. The POY you referenced attended NERMS.....and Lives less than 5 minutes from PGHS. No shady apartment addresses, hiring of parents....etc.

But.........

Randleman baseball on the other hand......31 wins is awesome! 2 meaningful kids attending RMS? They represent Chatham, Moore, and Forysth counties. Keep sipping on the orange and blue kool aid......then again....no different than what goes down in the Seur.

Speaking of the Seur.....interesting news that their baseball coach maybe on the way out.

RC- Classic Climax Logic. You seem to have much more knowledge of transfer regulations than me. And lord knows I definitely was not trying to " take any shots" at a PG basketball coach.

Kidd you can thank me in the future sometime for bringing some lurkers out with some fresh feedback. 😏

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT