ADVERTISEMENT

RAIDERS at Gibbons

Just to get back on track, I'm a Raider fan, but you guys make this Gibbons game look too easy... don't take it for granted guys...we still got to play the game and they won't hardly give us this game... Be careful Richmond...things happen. GO RAIDERS.

Reactions: scots roll
Why was Scotland Couhty brought into this? It’s RC vs CG!

Best comment to date. I am sure we are completely focused on Gibbons vs what happened 2 years ago. Gibbons is worthy of the respect they deserve. They are a worthy opponent and no one is taking them lightly out side of a few on here that don't matter. Focus Raiders!

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Gibbons will be the best coached team we play in the regular season. Maybe all season. Seen the 9th grade game last week and I was impressed with how good they played. We won a close one because our Jimmy's and Joe's was better than their X's and O's. It will be close but we pull away late 3rd quarter.

Reactions: Raider7967
The guys at hsot.com posted their weekly round table discussion. They talk about the CG vs RC game at about the 7:55 mark. No surprise they're picking Richmond to win

The same bunch picked Gibbons Last year
And barely even analyzed it
Whatever man. Was posting it for anyone who cared to have a look. And regarding last year, scots had a good run but you know that was a close game and could have gone either way.

Man U never had a chance , we knew it all week,
Played that big spread, popped you in the mouth early and it was on.. But I really do wish you good luck
Friday night .

Man U never had a chance , we knew it all week,
Played that big spread, popped you in the mouth early and it was on.. But I really do wish you good luck
Friday night .

Score was 7-6. And yeah gibbons has been disappointing in the playoffs past few years. As for me, i’m living in the present. One thing I know for sure is CG will be prepared. I’m looking forward to a great game.

53-20 Raiders. It is possible that CG more than doubles the points scored on the Raider defense so far. Their QB will take a hit to deliver the ball - the 20 depends on how many he is willing to take. The Raider offense is a mean (Kelly) green scoring machine who's gonna stop it?

As a relocated and former SC player, I'm gonna have to slide over and see what our neighbors to the West have in store for us come Nov. I personally do not think this game will be close. I've seen CG against WF and was not impressed by either team. CG may keep it close for a QTR but it will be all Raiders after that.

RAIDERS are just loaded offense... defense ain't giving up much... very impressive... If it ain't over by 4th, we got a game... GO RAIDERS...

Lol...that didn't come out right... don't let em hang around... and I dont think that happen.

Now that is some wisdom there , , I’d never guess if it wasn’t over by the start of the 4th you got a game . I agree ..;)
I want the Crusaders to make them wee wee on themselves but the Raiders to win. I want Nov to be a game of unbeaten teams! Has that ever happened where these two teams were undefeated going into the the last game? I cannot recall but it probably has. Go Raiders just by a wee bit!

53-20 Raiders. It is possible that CG more than doubles the points scored on the Raider defense so far. Their QB will take a hit to deliver the ball - the 20 depends on how many he is willing to take. The Raider offense is a mean (Kelly) green scoring machine who's gonna stop it?
Where would you like me to start?

RAIDERS wearing all white tomorrow night and are asking for all the fans to wear white also. Go Raiders

No way will Gibbons lose by 30 points! But if that happened I would be back on this board to congratulate RC. That said--the o line for Gibbons is big and hopefully will give RC fits. The playbook will be open tomorrow. If we can control the clock, move the ball and not get into a track meet with y'all--we will be in it.

I'm as big as a Raider supporter as any. We would be underdogs against Creek, Vance, and Park. Not saying we would lose any of those games but we wouldn't be favored.

No way will Gibbons lose by 30 points! But if that happened I would be back on this board to congratulate RC. That said--the o line for Gibbons is big and hopefully will give RC fits. The playbook will be open tomorrow. If we can control the clock, move the ball and not get into a track meet with y'all--we will be in it.

Just expressing my opinion we'll know how good it was by tomorrow this time. Both teams have been coached up this week and are prepared to play the game, I suspect they don't care about our opinions. If Gibbons wins I will be the first to congratulate the team and fans.

This game will be a lot different than folks think. WF is not as weak as folks think. In the end the talent level will show they are who they have been. Gibbons is an unknown I have been able to follow over the years. Very different team from just 6 years back. This team is mostly juniors and many have been playing varsity as significant players since freshman year when they went undefeated in regular season losing to Heritage (I think). These guys were the majority of the team that beat senior laden Sanderson with Pennix, Vince thomas and Alim McNeil with only 4-5 seniors period. This team would be well known and respected but they just snake bit in playoffs. They were loaded last year but lost 7-6 to Scotland on a missed field goal as the clock ran out. The WF win was not an accident I don’t think they have lost to a wake school outside of the playoff loss. That includes Leesville, Sanderson and a conference all 4AA except CG. In fact no wake school outside the Cap-7 would play them. They were in a conference with Durham until the reclass of schools 3 years ago. These guys for CG may hve played freshman games against RC so they feel they probably can play them. Out of town so I’ll stream. I really enjoyed going down to those games. WF was not a fluke based on what I saw them do to other “loaded 4AA” teams over last 3-4 years. I used to coach pop Warner in South wake so I went to a lot of wake games to follow my boys. Long felt CG the best program last 5-6 years and best team in Wake last 4 or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: crusaders13
This game will be a lot different than folks think. WF is not as weak as folks think. In the end the talent level will show they are who they have been. Gibbons is an unknown I have been able to follow over the years. Very different team from just 6 years back. This team is mostly juniors and many have been playing varsity as significant players since freshman year when they went undefeated in regular season losing to Heritage (I think). These guys were the majority of the team that beat senior laden Sanderson with Pennix, Vince thomas and Alim McNeil with only 4-5 seniors period. This team would be well known and respected but they just snake bit in playoffs. They were loaded last year but lost 7-6 to Scotland on a missed field goal as the clock ran out. The WF win was not an accident I don’t think they have lost to a wake school outside of the playoff loss. That includes Leesville, Sanderson and a conference all 4AA except CG. In fact no wake school outside the Cap-7 would play them. They were in a conference with Durham until the reclass of schools 3 years ago. These guys for CG may hve played freshman games against RC so they feel they probably can play them. Out of town so I’ll stream. I really enjoyed going down to those games. WF was not a fluke based on what I saw them do to other “loaded 4AA” teams over last 3-4 years. I used to coach pop Warner in South wake so I went to a lot of wake games to follow my boys. Long felt CG the best program last 5-6 years and best team in Wake last 4 or so.
All that is great but they have never seen the speed and quick strike capability they will see tonight. SC team from last year doesn't compare to what they will see tonight and I'm a SC guy. If they get down like they did against WF there will be no coming back. Now for their credit Gibbons kids play extremely hard and will fight but if they cannot make RC drive the ball the distance and create some turnovers they just don't have the horses to win IMO and I would say that for 95% of the teams in NC. I hope you all punch them in the mouth over and over but unless you understand the type of speed you are about to see it will not register. Take Hillside at their best in terms of athletes x's three with better coaching and play calling and that is RC this year!

Reactions: bud33345
For real? More than that... their field. Richmond by 16. Stay safe guys. Both teams... GO RAIDERS...

I wanted every bit of Scotland getting 22 pts last year, and even the money line straight at about 5-1.
Get it done really represent the conference and Rich County

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT