ADVERTISEMENT

RAIDERS at Gibbons

rcoraider98

Sep 10, 2013
I believe we win this one by double digits. I believe all of our conference games will be won by double digits. Any thoughts on this game?

Reactions: Ben-Badd
This is most probably the best team the Raiders have faced so far. That being said the Raiders by a big bunch...

I'll be there for this one..only 15 min. drive. Can't underestimate Gibbons, they only lost to the Scots last year by 7, they beat Wake Forest at WF this year, they're at home and it is the WRAL game of the week and will be televised. I'll leave it at that!

Go Raiders!!!

Last edited:
Gibbons is no joke. I think this game will be close going into the 3rd. Firepower makes the difference at the end. Richmond 31-20.

Key for Gibbons I think will be to put pressure on the Richmond QB and force him to throw. That said--Gibbons did have issues with their defensive backs in the second half against Riverside. They need to make adjustments.

Key for Gibbons I think will be to put pressure on the Richmond QB and force him to throw. That said--Gibbons did have issues with their defensive backs in the second half against Riverside. They need to make adjustments.
Your guys better be able to tackle in space if not this will be 28 to 0 before you can even get some popcorn!

That's what concerns me the most about Richmond, their explosiveness. If Gibbons goes down by two or three TDs, it will be difficult to get back in it. They need to stay poised. I hear a lot about the RC offense, how'd their D line? I see they shut out Anson and held Butler to 14. Gibbons O line is big and they will protect the gaps and create opportunities for the run game.

RC is very good at all phases of the game however the best way to beat them is to run at them between the tackles and try to beat them with quick passes and misdirection. If you try to beat them on the edges your lineman will struggle just too fast. Win the field position and special teams then capitalize on every opportunity. They have been known put the ball on the ground. Your coaches need to talk to the refs about the option play where the qb pitches the ball going forward after passing the line of scrimmage. Clemson was notorious for this in Danny Ford's era and it was never called. RC does the same thing. They are really good man but your personnel has to play at their best and your coach needs to have some wrinkles on both sides. Beatable of course likely not so much! I can't take anything away from them. Great program starting to climb back to the days when they were a legit contender but they still can be had!

Key for Gibbons I think will be to put pressure on the Richmond QB and force him to throw. That said--Gibbons did have issues with their defensive backs in the second half against Riverside. They need to make adjustments.[/QUOT.

That's the ticket pocket passers like the Raider QB can't handle pressure...

Just pound our D line - run Forest run. LOL

I do think you guys are the best we have faced so far that being said 53-20 Raiders.

That's the ticket pocket passers like the Raider QB can't handle pressure...

Just pound our D line - run Forest run. LOL

I do think you guys are the best we have faced so far that being said 53-20 Raiders.

I read it that CG needs to pressure Hood and contain him making him pass. I would agree with that 100%. Once he gets out of the pocket he is a major problem.

He can beat you both ways. A lot of the yardage running Friday was him scrambling making something out of nothing.

That's what concerns me the most about Richmond, their explosiveness. If Gibbons goes down by two or three TDs, it will be difficult to get back in it. They need to stay poised. I hear a lot about the RC offense, how'd their D line? I see they shut out Anson and held Butler to 14. Gibbons O line is big and they will protect the gaps and create opportunities for the run game.

Three really good linebackers, especially C.J. Tillman and J. White. D held Butler to 22 rushing yards in 21 attempts. But Gibbons is a new team in a new place. We'll see!

Go Raiders!!

RC is very good at all phases of the game however the best way to beat them is to run at them between the tackles and try to beat them with quick passes and misdirection. If you try to beat them on the edges your lineman will struggle just too fast. Win the field position and special teams then capitalize on every opportunity. They have been known put the ball on the ground. Your coaches need to talk to the refs about the option play where the qb pitches the ball going forward after passing the line of scrimmage. Clemson was notorious for this in Danny Ford's era and it was never called. RC does the same thing. They are really good man but your personnel has to play at their best and your coach needs to have some wrinkles on both sides. Beatable of course likely not so much! I can't take anything away from them. Great program starting to climb back to the days when they were a legit contender but they still can be had!
DaMouth says.. The play you’re talking about is the QB lateral to RB who throws a forward pass or flip to a WR. Raiders ran that play against wake forest last year and scored and it counted. To my knowledge they didn’t call it again the rest of that year. So I doubt Gibbons will see that this week. What Gibbons should worry about defensively is loading the box with 8 or 9 defenders against Raiders to stop the run. That will leave single coverage on Raider receivers which is dangerous. Or Hood keeps it on zone read and picks up chunk yardage. I know for a fact Gibbons had scouts at the Butler game because they were sitting 2 rows from me. Hood is dual threat.. just ask Butler.

I read it that CG needs to pressure Hood and contain him making him pass. I would agree with that 100%. Once he gets out of the pocket he is a major problem.

If you pressure him you better have containment so far he has handled pressure well. I would like to see the Raiders just pound it a little more.

Yeah...Hood lit up the Scots at Pait stadium for >400 passing yards and half dozen TDs two years ago.

Go Raiders!!
He barely completed half his passes 24 for 46
Scots 69 - 47 was the final.
Scots completed just 2 passes and ran for over 500 yds most right up
the gut. White 300, Bell 200

Last edited:
Still over 400 passing in that game as a 9th grader. Those guys who ran for those yards are not walking through the door. Our man is.

Still over 400 passing in that game as a 9th grader. Those guys who ran for those yards are not walking through the door. Our man is.
So what, they still lost!!!!! As you guys always say, "Nobody remember who Loses".

So what, they still lost!!!!! As you guys always say, "Nobody remember who Loses".
My point skirts roll is saying that QB the receivers are still playing with us as they were in the 9th grade then. But yes y'all won and it took the best RB in the nation and a QB from Westover to do it. We won last year. We won 19 straight against the skirts. Hopefully you all will have a QB and a center that can snap the ball.

Reactions: Ben-Badd

Exactly what I meant btango. Once he's outside the pocket, I expect he'll do damage. The other way of containing him is by keeping him off the field. I realize RC stuffed Butler's run game, but I think Gibbons likely has a better offensive line and more weapons than Butler. If RC stacks the box I expect CG will spread the field, throw screen passes and go to the NC State recruit.

Exactly what I meant btango. Once he's outside the pocket, I expect he'll do damage. The other way of containing him is by keeping him off the field. I realize RC stuffed Butler's run game, but I think Gibbons likely has a better offensive line and more weapons than Butler. If RC stacks the box I expect CG will spread the field, throw screen passes and go to the NC State recruit.
Play your game and eliminate the quick scores. RC has not been challenged you have to do that first to make them think you are in the game. Last week was a one score with butler at halftime but anybody that knows anything about football that score should have been 28 to 7. At no point this season has RC even been concerned about their opponent. That is your first hurdle. If you can't do that at least you will not have a long ride home. Hood is a very good qb he excels at many things but I don't care what your skill set is no qb likes getting hit the mouth or back of the head when they are trying to pass the ball.Hope you guys have fast edge rushers that stay in their lanes.

My point skirts roll is saying that QB the receivers are still playing with us as they were in the 9th grade then. But yes y'all won and it took the best RB in the nation and a QB from Westover to do it. We won last year. We won 19 straight against the skirts. Hopefully you all will have a QB and a center that can snap the ball.
Who gives a Damn who played - YOU STILL LOST SLICK!!!! You need to stop throwing shade at Scotland and worry about Gibbons, RCOSKIRT98.

Gibbons isn’t going to be a problem. Nothing to see here.
Have you seen Gibbons play to make this conclusion, or is it just like everybody else - Guessing!!! I expect the Raiders to win, but I don't think they will put a 50 burger on Gibbons at their place.

Have you seen Gibbons play to make this conclusion, or is it just like everybody else - Guessing!!! I expect the Raiders to win, but I don't think they will put a 50 burger on Gibbons at their place.
Scots you know the answer to that - like all of us just giving their 2 cents. Luckily for the raiders their players don't buy into this smack. I'm sure there has to be a level of respect for CG just because they beat the 3 time state champs and winners of 40 plus games in a row! I don't care if it is not last years team that will catch Coach Till and his team's attention. If not they might be on the receiving end of a Delanie Walker Special (stolen from Dennis Green) - "They are who we thought they were - so you all go ahead and Crown their Aztecs Champs but you still have to prove it on the field" . I expect RC to win because of their depth and 1st class skilled folks but I'm going to the game because I do not believe it will be the ass whopping that some are saying. I see it being close until mid 3rd and RC pulls away by 14 maybe 21 with an insignificant late score.

I was surprised to see the nothing to see here comment by mrhonda. It would not surprise me to see RC win, but frankly I think it's going to be a great, close game. It also wouldn't surprise me if Gibbons wins.

Most negative bunch I've every seen! Geeze...guys, give it break!! And you wonder why there aren't more Scotland fans!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT