ADVERTISEMENT

Ragsdale HC steps down

CatholicCougs14

Jan 4, 2013
Tommy Norwood has stepped down to take a job in SC. Way late in the game, you assume Ragsdale hires from within being that training camp is less than a month away.

Reactions: swett2victory
I know I would, given the opportunity. Football players are enough to deal with without adding cliques, girls, and teenage hormones to the equation lol.

We know it did. I'm happy for him getting a nice payday in SC, but just take exception to the timing.

I have seen timing like this in football and other sports by coaches, knowing there was probably not time to look. They did it this way in hopes of an assistant gets job at least on interim basis.

Dang when you are in your 50's and realize you have an opportunity to increase your income dramatically and possibly start in another retirement program , you are damn fool not to take it.

I have seen timing like this in football and other sports by coaches, knowing there was probably not time to look. They did it this way in hopes of an assistant gets job at least on interim basis.

Dang when you are in your 50's and realize you have an opportunity to increase your income dramatically and possibly start in another retirement program , you are damn fool not to take it.
It's been well known that his name was in running for other jobs over last couple of years so that is why I look at it now and go...3 weeks to go before pracrice and you bolt? Just not a fan of the timing, the move is great for him and well deserved. Just timing.

It's been well known that his name was in running for other jobs over last couple of years so that is why I look at it now and go...3 weeks to go before pracrice and you bolt? Just not a fan of the timing, the move is great for him and well deserved. Just timing.
CC14, not being argumentative, did you read the article. He covers that well. I also understand your point.

Has nothing to do with discussion, but he is one of the nicest coaches on a sideline.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
So what about all the other years he scarified and stayed ??? Do y'all think this was his first opportunity to leave Ragsdale ???
No it isn't if you know anything about coaching hires in SC over the last few years he's been in the mix. I have no issue with him leaving for SC, better pay, they take football and teaching more seriously there etc. I just do not like the timing that is all.
Nothing against Coach Norwood like the article points out he seems to be a fine fellow, just wish the timing wasn't so close to the season, but beggers cannot be choosers.

leaving at such a late time is bad for the
school, bad for the kids, hard to respect a
move like this unless there is other things
going on besides what is mentioned above.

he had one of the best programs in the state for several years. that 2000 squad had it all but ran into a phenominal Bertie County team in the 3A title game. good luck in SC coach.

good to see you again wossa my friend

he had one of the best programs in the state for several years. that 2000 squad had it all but ran into a phenominal Bertie County team in the 3A title game. good luck in SC coach.

good to see you again wossa my friend

yeah - and some linebacker named Bear Bryant in 2002. :mad: That Mooresville team was the only team I ever saw shut down Toney Baker. Good to see you too tank. Been too long.

Reactions: OptionFreak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT