ADVERTISEMENT

Post Week 10 Scores Here

Cherokee got screwed...4th and 10 and refs called pass interference when ball was 10 feet over receivers head...onside kick hayesville offside by 2 yards(but I know that hardly ever gets called). Cherokee should have never been in that position though. Up 8 with 4 minutes left and hayesville with no timeouts...Cherokee calls 2 pass plays to stop clock instead of running ball and running at least minute and half off the clock.
The ball was 10 ft over Hayesville receivers head because his head was on the ground due to hit from Cherokee secondary. . It was an excellent call. Watch the replay on fyntv

Mt Airy held their 8th opponent in 9 games to O points (have allowed only 18 pts for year). Won 49 to 0 BUT we did not look great in the first half. Do not know if Elkin had a very good defensive game plan OR if we were a little down after playing intense game at East Wilkes on Monday OR we were a little cocky....Half time adjustments were made and we looked pretty good in 2nd half.
But we can not afford to come out flat in the playoffs.
Elkin was certainly down due to hurt players but they still came to play, did not give up, no cheap shots that I saw, put forth plenty of effort.
Yet Mt. Airy's defense shined all night long allowing only 12 yards offense (what I heard on the radio as I left the field).

Unless he had go go gadget arms hayesville receiver wasn't catching that pass....congrats on the smc title gentle....no way swain beats yall tuesday. Fyi announcers were incredibly annoyingly biased(u would think hayesville won the Superbowl)....towards the end of the game the refs signalled illegal shift on hayesville and they were complaining it was offside should have been a dead ball foul the 5 yard loss shouldn't have happened. They had no idea it appears sometimes.

Don't crown Robbinsville yet. If our offense doesn't move the ball better we will not beat Swain And Hayesville pass game will be hard to stop now that their big receiver is back. Don't forget that Robbinsville will be playing 3 games in 7 days.

Mt Airy held their 8th opponent in 9 games to O points (have allowed only 18 pts for year). Won 49 to 0 BUT we did not look great in the first half. Do not know if Elkin had a very good defensive game plan OR if we were a little down after playing intense game at East Wilkes on Monday OR we were a little cocky....Half time adjustments were made and we looked pretty good in 2nd half.
But we can not afford to come out flat in the playoffs.
Elkin was certainly down due to hurt players but they still came to play, did not give up, no cheap shots that I saw, put forth plenty of effort.
Yet Mt. Airy's defense shined all night long allowing only 12 yards offense (what I heard on the radio as I left the field).
9 games played, only 3 teams have scored on Mount Airy, Draughn, South Stokes, &
East Wilkes. So only 6 shut-outs.

Braves pass defense has never really been any good. McTaggart was basically ungaurdable, refs were terrible both ways, now hoping for a Swain and Andrews win

Reactions: KW23
Here's a crazy scenario for SMC

The possibility of a 4 way tie

Swain beats Robbinsville , Loses to Cherokee 3-2 in conference

Murphy loses to Andrews 3-2 in C

Cherokee beats Swain 3-2 in C

Robbinsville Loses to Swain beats Hayesville 3-2 in C

So in this scenario:

Swain beat Robbinsville
Lost to Murphy & Cherokee

Murphy beat Swain & Cherokee
Lost to Robbinsville

Cherokee beat Swain & Robbinsville
Lost to Murphy

Robbinsville beat Murphy
Lost to Swain & Cherokee

So if I understand it right in head to head competition of the 4 tied teams
Robbinsville & Swain would be 1-2...
Murphy & Cherokee 2-1 with Murphy beating Cherokee so Murphy would win the conference championship.

Unless he had go go gadget arms hayesville receiver wasn't catching that pass....congrats on the smc title gentle....no way swain beats yall tuesday. Fyi announcers were incredibly annoyingly biased(u would think hayesville won the Superbowl)....towards the end of the game the refs signalled illegal shift on hayesville and they were complaining it was offside should have been a dead ball foul the 5 yard loss shouldn't have happened. They had no idea it appears sometimes.
I'm not sure Robbinsville can win their final 2 games after how they played tonight

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Here's a crazy scenario for SMC

The possibility of a 4 way tie

Swain beats Robbinsville , Loses to Cherokee 3-2 in conference

Murphy loses to Andrews 3-2 in C

Cherokee beats Swain 3-2 in C

Robbinsville Loses to Swain beats Hayesville 3-2 in C

So in this scenario:

Swain beat Robbinsville
Lost to Murphy & Cherokee

Murphy beat Swain & Cherokee
Lost to Robbinsville

Cherokee beat Swain & Robbinsville
Lost to Murphy

Robbinsville beat Murphy
Lost to Swain & Cherokee

So if I understand it right in head to head competition of the 4 tied teams
Robbinsville & Swain would be 1-2...
Murphy & Cherokee 2-1 with Murphy beating Cherokee so Murphy would win the conference championship.
U totally lost me..but I'm thinking if it's a 4 way tie there will be a coin toss

Reactions: BK13T-$
Mount Airy has a lock on 1st place in the NWC now, win or lose. They will not lose against Alligahny next Friday they have 1st place locked up. I say they go undefined and may have their 7th shutout for the season of 10 games with only 18 points scored on them. Two 6 pointers and a 2 field goal game.

U totally lost me..but I'm thinking if it's a 4 way tie there will be a coin toss
NCHSAA handbook:
Ex. 1: If there is a four-way tie for first and Team A and Team B are 2-1 while Team C and
Team D are 1-2, in games among the four of them, A and B would be tied for first by
virtue of their 2-1, with C and D tied for third. Then look at head-to-head between the
two (A and B) to break that tie, and then between the other two (C and D) to break
that remaining tie.

Good work mountaineer...how do u break a 3 way tie though...if each team beat one of three and lost to other 3? Just curious don't think that's possibility.

Good work mountaineer...how do u break a 3 way tie though...if each team beat one of three and lost to other 3? Just curious don't think that's possibility.
Ex. 2: Teams A, B and C are tied for fourth in the conference standings with identical records.
In games among the three, A was 3-1, B was 2-2 and C was 1-3. The tie is broken; A is
fourth, B is fifth and C sixth.
Any time throughout the whole procedure that a multiple tie is reduced to two teams, no
matter what criteria is being used, use head-to-head conference competition between those
remaining if possible.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$ and KW23
Thomasville will win the 1A portion of the conference if they beat Lexington.
Bulldogs beat both NR and South Davidson. This loss is an eye opener and exposed them to physical football. Dogs played sloppy and lost. This could mess the RPI up also.

Bulldogs beat both NR and South Davidson. This loss is an eye opener and exposed them to physical football. Dogs played sloppy and lost. This could mess the RPI up also.
It will definitely hurt them in the RPI and change their playoff seeding. I’m more worried about the injuries tonight.

Reactions: bigtime_87
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Robbinsville had Andrews 24-07 in the fourth. That wasn't a winnable game for Andrews. Blocked punt made it look closer than it was.

Andrews is very strong in the middle even though they are small on the line.

Robbinsville had Andrews 24-07 in the fourth. That wasn't a winnable game for Andrews. Blocked punt made it look closer than it was.

Andrews is very strong in the middle even though they are small on the line.
Which is exactly my point. Andrews has played everyone close. Robbinsville has beaten them more “soundly” than anyone.

I really don’t know what Gentle thinks about our team. Andrews has played everyone close. He acts like our team sucks.
I love our team. BUT this team is not a 2014,2015,2019,2020 Robbinsville type team. Just call it how I see it. We will have a 3rd round exit or before. When do you see us exiting?
BK13T just said a few posts back we would have a hard time beating Swain and Hayesville. I totally agree..im not the only fan that thinks this

Reactions: mbdfan and BK13T-$
I love our team. BUT this team is not a 2014,2015,2019,2020 Robbinsville type team. Just call it how I see it. We will have a 3rd round exit or before. When do you see us exiting?
No I agree with you on that. But I do believe this team has a better attitude than any of those teams. I don’t mean that any of the previous teams had a bad attitude but there is something about this team that has a refuse to lose attitude more so than any other team I’ve ever seen. Yes they have lost games but how many teams do you see beat their biggest rival without their best player on the field? I know Murphy is down but it wouldn’t have mattered if robbinsville would have brought 2 college backs and an nfl qb to the game, Murphy would have figured out a way to play us close. I just think for this team to go to the dog pound and win without their best player on the field speaks volumes about how team oriented this team is. That goes a long way in the playoffs by itself. But now, we have our players back.

BK13T just said a few posts back we would have a hard time beating Swain and Hayesville. I totally agree..im not the only fan that thinks this
Plus man you just don’t ever count a SMC team out. Regardless of which team it is. They aren’t out until they are out.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
No I agree with you on that. But I do believe this team has a better attitude than any of those teams. I don’t mean that any of the previous teams had a bad attitude but there is something about this team that has a refuse to lose attitude more so than any other team I’ve ever seen. Yes they have lost games but how many teams do you see beat their biggest rival without their best player on the field? I know Murphy is down but it wouldn’t have mattered if robbinsville would have brought 2 college backs and an nfl qb to the game, Murphy would have figured out a way to play us close. I just think for this team to go to the dog pound and win without their best player on the field speaks volumes about how team oriented this team is. That goes a long way in the playoffs by itself. But now, we have our players back.
I'm not knocking Murphy. I never have. Murphy is an average team right now and their defense is plane out horrible . Robbinsville coaches will tell you that the 2019 was the best attitude team wise and funnest to coach.. Like you said though, to go to Murphy on any year and win without our star back was astronomical. Very proud of this team but they are a year or two away in my opinion

That's not true..the only person or team that sucks on here is YOU..And 99.9% if this board agrees..ask any Murphy or Swain poster on this board which Robbinsville poster they trust the most 🤔

Like I told Buzz, you know what they say about opinions, and some are bigger than others. Looking at you buttercup. 😁

So let me rephrase, Gentle thinks everyone sucks other than the SMC.

Plus man you just don’t ever count a SMC team out. Regardless of which team it is. They aren’t out until they are out.
Im as diehard of a SMC and Robbinsville fan as they are but I'm not gonna blow sunshine up their rears just because they have SMC beside their names. I'm not sure what you mean about not counting them out. SMC will upset some schools in the playoffs this year. But that's it. No State Championship this year brother for any SMC school ..

Reactions: mbdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT