ADVERTISEMENT

Please Pray For Gage Edwards #27

ESOD

Nov 6, 2013
I am asking for the football community to please take a few moments and pray for one of our young men, Gage Edwards. He was in a severe car accident and is in the Baptist hospital fighting for his life. I know the power of prayer and what God can do. Please pass this on to everyone you know.

Heaven gained another angel with some Cardinal Red wings today around 12:40. I am asking for prayers for our school and community as we go through the loss of another student. I was and will always be proud to have called Christian Gage Edwards my friend. Rest easy #27 and forever Captain of the Wrecking Crew.

I'm so sorry to hear this news,prayers for the school,community and family of this young man... R.I.P #27

This post was edited on 2/2 1:46 PM by TVILLEDAWG2370

May God bless this family, both immediate and the extended ES community. Prayers are with you all from the WM faithful.

This post was edited on 2/2 3:41 PM by WMFootballFanatic

Gods put something on my heart about this situation and I'm just going to obey God and say it and if anybody gets offended take it up with the lord not me,I'm just being obedient to him.

This is a message board for football related topics of discussion and I enjoy coming to this site,but I think it's kinda sad that this thread has 235 views at this time and only 7 replies I believe every person who viewed this thread should have said something,a young man has lost his life and a family is grieving terribly right now,I can't even fathom what that must feel like,and I have 3 grown kids of my own,we can talk football page after page and that's great,I love reading and posting on here,but like I said please don't be offended by this message,because God put it in my heart to say it.

Thanks for the posts and the prayers. I ain't gonna lie this week has been really tough. Our community has been through a lot in the last two years but I know God is able to get us through it all. Pray for our kids as they go through the next weeks and months. Thanks for the out pouring of support from the West Stokes, North Surry and Mt. Airy students. We may be rivals on the field but brothers and sisters off of it. Keep us in your prayers as we try and be #27Strong!!

One of the toughest weekends so far. Alot of sadness and really just plain numbness, but Gage's family is strong and they have the support of the whole community. With that said the school administration and athletic department did a great job organizing a celebration of life event last night for Gage in our gym. Hundreds of people paid their respect to the family and then several people got up and spoke about the times we had with Gage. What I saw was class acts from the neighboring schools. There were football/basketball players from Mt Airy, North Surry and West Stokes there for the event. Rivals they all may be on the fields, but true sense of compassion off of it. Today the funeral was held on the football field with the #27 spray painted on the 27 yard lines. Hundreds showed up to remember this young man and showing support for the family. East Surry will rebound from this with the support of friends. Thank you Gage for giving us some great moments on and off the field. #27strong

Please give this a read. Thanks again for all the support and prayers. #27Strong

https://tangleseverywhere.wordpress.com/2015/02/07/27-2/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT