ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff seeding question...

raiderstud

Dec 21, 2001
Will this be the correct seeding procedure from each conference.....Number one seed will be Conf Champ.......Number 2 seed from Conf, will be team with best 10 game winning percentage, .........Now if that is a tie, then you go head to head , then 11 game winning percentage.....Then last thing would be Max prep rating......All in that order...My question would be can you drop a CONFERENCE LOSS , in counting the number 2 seed wins and losses on the 10 game winning percentage.....nuff said..

Will this be the correct seeding procedure from each conference.....Number one seed will be Conf Champ.......Number 2 seed from Conf, will be team with best 10 game winning percentage, .........Now if that is a tie, then you go head to head , then 11 game winning percentage.....Then last thing would be Max prep rating......All in that order...My question would be can you drop a CONFERENCE LOSS , in counting the number 2 seed wins and losses on the 10 game winning percentage.....nuff said..

Not sure about the other portion of your question but I do know that you cannot drop a conference loss.

Not sure about the other portion of your question but I do know that you cannot drop a conference loss.[Thanks , that what I wanted to know....Ok here is my next question...Hopefully after tonight Richmond will finish 8-3...Only one conf loss...Pinecrest will finish 9-2..With 2 conf losses.....Ok , with the best 10 game winning percentage ., they are 8-2, Richmond would be 8-2 also.....Then it becomes head to head, if I am correct....We beat pinecrest, how could they possibly be a higher seed than Richmond....Just wandering...nuff said...

Pinecrest has a better overall record and ranked higher on Max Preps ( Richmond 25, Pinecrest 19) That's all I can think of.

Pinecrest has a better overall record and ranked higher on Max Preps ( Richmond 25, Pinecrest 19) That's all I can think of.
I was thinking it was conf champs first, THEN the second measuring stick would be 10 game winning percentage...Both would then be 8-2, since you cant drop a conf loss....Then the next measuring stick would be head to head..Richmond defeated pinecrest....So what you're saying then is the second measuring stick is not 10 game winning percentage, but overall record...Correct........What is word of GOD phone number.....nuff said...:D

You're kind of mixing together different things here. If you're talking about how the playoff pods will be seeded, then the conference champ gets seeded first with all of the other conference champs, then everyone else gets dumped together into the same giant at-large pool and they all get seeded last.

If you are not the conference champ in this year's experimental pod system, then where you finish in conference, who you beat in conference and conference winning percentage are all 100% totally irrelevant. That is all new for this year and no one knows yet whether or not it will still be that way next year. But in 2016, you're either a conference champ or you're not. That's the only 2 levels that playoff seeding looks at or cares about.

SO...all conference champs get seeded first via 1) 10-game winning percentage, 2) any applicable head-to-head results with other conference champs, 3) 11-game winning percentage, 4) MaxPreps ranking and 5) draw.

Once all of the conference champs are taken care of, then everyone else gets seeded using the same criteria.

Last edited:
For Richmond specifically, if they go West then it doesn't matter.

But if they go East, then Richmond and Pinecrest will both report 8-2 records. The 2nd tiebreak is then head-to-head, but the ONLY way that tiebreak can be used is if ALL tied teams have played each other. It just so happens for Richmond this year that Fuquay-Varina will also be reporting an 8-2 record, so head-to-head is out the window. Therefore, the next tiebreak down the line is 11-game winning percentage, and Pinecrest will get the higher seed (9-2 overall record vs 8-3 overall record). Richmond and Fuquay-Varina will then be seeded by MaxPreps ranking, since they did not play each other and sport identical 8-3 overall records.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT