ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest threat for the 71st falcons on the east.

Falconbred

Oct 20, 2022
With majority of the 71st football team coming back from a state runner up effort. Who do you think is the biggest threat on the East if the Falcons handle business and make it back to the Eastern Finals?

I don’t think anyone will give them trouble on the East. I see them going back to play Dudley for the championship.

Maybe, these 4 programs Northern Nash, Southern Nash, Jacksonville, Havelock. Could play Hickory again 2024.
I was thinking Havelock, Southern Alamance, and the Nash schools. I also think they will play Hickory again if they take care of business. Dudley is lurking on the west too

I hope they make it back and play for the title. I think it will be Dudley or Hickory again.
I see Dudley being better as they were young. Not sure about if that’s true with Hickory again plus rumor is the Greensboro area transfer portal is heating up.

With majority of the 71st football team coming back from a state runner up effort. Who do you think is the biggest threat on the East if the Falcons handle business and make it back to the Eastern Finals?
themselves

I see Dudley being better as they were young. Not sure about if that’s true with Hickory again plus rumor is the Greensboro area transfer portal is heating up.
Hickory returns alot as well. I know they lost a few key pieces but return QB, WR and RB that are all legit.

Reactions: NCFB73
Is northwest guilford getting any or just as normal we losing the one or two we have

3A East will be a bear. However I 100% know that 71st is without a doubt head and shoulders above everyone else.

If I were ranking the East today, it would like a little like this....

71st
Havelock
Scotland
Jacksonville
Southern Durham
Northern Nash
JH Rose
Southern Nash
Southern Alamance
Williams
Cape Fear
North Brunswick
Currituck County

My fringe teams would be Western Alamance, Eastern Alamance, Hunt, Vance Co, Harnett Central, Aycock, South Johnston

I think 71st will have no issues taking the East this year... maybe a few butt-clinchers, but a W none the less... been watching 71st for sometime now and the program has grown tremendously. This is a program who in my opinion deserve a lot of respect. Big Props to 71st and hopefully the Scots will see you in the playoffs.

Or none of the other schools in that Fayetteville area good anymore? I'm sorry I don't follow them but. EE Smith used to be good. So did Bird right. Now I might be wrong but I thought those schools used to be pretty good.

Or none of the other schools in that Fayetteville area good anymore? I'm sorry I don't follow them but. EE Smith used to be good. So did Bird right. Now I might be wrong but I thought those schools used to be pretty good.
It's terrible most all of the Fayetteville schools have fallen off significantly.

Southview still runs good programs and Sanford? I don't follow Fayetteville programs that good.

Last edited:
Southview still runs good programs and Sanford? I don't follow Fayetteville programs that good.
They are both still OK and respectable but a far cry away from what they both once were in their heyday. Byrd and EE Smith have been in the gutter. Britt is average at best, a far cry from what they were 15 to 20 years ago. 71st is doing well, the others are all mediocre at best currently. Pine Forest is nowhere near as good as they once were and Westover has always been a have not in football. Grays Creek nothing to write home about. Cape Fear is on occasion good but historically average at best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doppleganger#
They are both still OK and respectable but a far cry away from what they both once were in their heyday. Byrd and EE Smith have been in the gutter. Britt is average at best, a far cry from what they were 15 to 20 years ago. 71st is doing well, the others are all mediocre at best currently. Pine Forest is nowhere near as good as they once were and Westover has always been a have not in football. Grays Creek nothing to write home about. Cape Fear is on occasion good but historically average at best.
No support from Cumberland county? Or just 71st has all the kids?

No support from Cumberland county? Or just 71st has all the kids?
I dont know. Many factors I suppose. But Fayetteville just isn't what it once was in its heyday in High School football, not even remotely close. Enrollment is down alot to begin with. I believe it's due mainly to an aging housing market in Fayetteville. Most of the existing neighborhoods were built in the 60s or early 70s except for condos or apartments. The neighborhoods have naturally declined. Now with better roads built more and more people are moving to Hoke, Bladen, Harnett, even Moore counties for newer homes. Most all of the schools have dropped to 3A with Pine Forest and Southview and Britt being the only ones left in 4A. And back in my day those schools were considered to be out in the sticks, thus today they are the areas that at least have newer houses.

I'm amazed by 71st continued success simply because no older school in Fayetteville has come close to losing as many students due to newer schools being built over time. 71st lost huge amounts of students over the years to the opening of South View, Byrd, Westover, and Jack Britt but they keep on winning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT