ADVERTISEMENT

PISGAH & TUSCOLA

"You know what you all sound like? A team that has lost to the Bears four times in a row. " I dont know about that, sounds to me like a good healthy attitude not putting all of your season hopes into just one game .Tuscola has had streaks too. and the series is tied after all these years. Hell both teams might as well pack it up after this game to hear some of you harp about streaks this and that. .But Ill give you this, when you say Pisgah leaves it ALL on the field for the Tuscola game, they sure do! Trouble is there is nothing left to leave on the field for the remaining games. How can this be a good thing.? Especially with at least 7 games to go this year, and much bigger worries just ahead of both teams. This isnt even a conference game, nothing whatever riding on this game at all other than a mythical county championship. Who knows, maybe if Pisgah wins maybe they should buy "rings" for all the participants in the game.
All I hear is "We can't beat you guys so we are gonna say the game doesn't matter." If the game doesn't matter then don't even show up, cause its gonna get uglier than any woman who dates Whoamule

It is possible with the current weather forecast, that this crowd may be one of the smaller ones in many years. Hope that isn't the case, but people are not built in the same matter as they were back in the day, any type of small hiccup, they stay at home.

Bear..You are right on many levels. But not everyone thinks it is just another game. I know I don't.
If you are from this county it matters. Our side in the past few years think more of other sports than football. It sickens me.
I do think we will beat yall this year. That being said ......GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!

It is possible with the current weather forecast, that this crowd may be one of the smaller ones in many years. Hope that isn't the case, but people are not built in the same matter as they were back in the day, any type of small hiccup, they stay at home.
You are correct. There are so many forms of entertainment that the average fan will not show up if a little rain falls. My guess is that the game may be pushed back to Saturday if there is a good chance of rain at game time. Pisgah did this back in 2004 or so. You can't blame the home team for doing so; the gate is too large to play it in crappy weather. Either way, there will be fewer fans attending on both sides as the build up is not even close to last year.

I've heard rumblings of the game may be played Monday. Anyone else heard this on tuscola side?

I've heard rumblings of the game may be played Monday. Anyone else heard this on tuscola side?
I have not heard that. Neither Saturday nor Monday are great options on a holiday weekend, but Monday may be better. Lots of people at the lake and on the go on Saturday.

I have not heard that. Neither Saturday nor Monday are great options on a holiday weekend, but Monday may be better. Lots of people at the lake and on the go on Saturday.

The problem with Monday is Balsam Range,Ricky Scaggs will be in Canton Labor day celebration. We have artificial turf play the game as scheduled. They are only forecasting thunder storms Friday.They probably want be right on that;

Last edited:
There's no way that they'll move it to Monday night w/ the highlight of the Canton Labor Day festivities going on then as well. That would be the worst possible outcome of all for the gate.

I bet the 50/50 will reach a astronomical number. After all it is the first of the month and 3/4 of tuscola fans are getting paid tomorrow.

Has the tuscola jvs played a game yet? What's everybodys thoughts on the jv game?
I know they played Smoky and blew them out ,I believe it was 47-7 and the used a running clock in the fourth quarter.Tuscola has not lost a game since 2014 So this should be a good one.Understand Bears will have their first string QB back.

Boy I just read the absolute dumbest crap. Apparently tuscola canceled "mock the Bears" day at school because a parent complained that it would hurt Canton folks feelings. Lmao. Hope that parent don't find their way on here. Their head will explode.

That sounds about right. Yeah those parents definitely wouldn't be able to come on here, where every day is "Mock the Mounties" day.

I bet the 50/50 will reach a astronomical number. After all it is the first of the month and 3/4 of tuscola fans are getting paid tomorrow.
Nice one Big Bear. Gotta give you credit on that one.
I know that tattoo shop on main street Canton is standing room only the first week of the month. Every Pisgah fan wants a tattoo that reads "Milwaukee's Best" or "I Love Cruso" or "Methel".

I heard Pursley visited the shop and got a tattoo of Chappels face on his butt with "Daddy" written under it

I heard Pursley visited the shop and got a tattoo of Chappels face on his butt with "Daddy" written under it
I believe Chappell has his own issues to deal with right now. He lack of discipline with your players has created issues once again. His lack of class filters right to some of your players.

Who needs class in football? That's overrated. I'd rather have a team with nasty skullcrushers than a classy team any day. As a matter of fact, I'm hoping that after one of our players score one of their many touchdowns they'll run over to that ugly T midfield and throw up the DX "suck it" to all the folks clad in the pee yellow

You know what 91ths? You might be right. I did forget about that. You know what I haven't forgotten though? FOUR WINS IN A ROW FOR THE VARSITY BEARS

You know what 91ths? You might be right. I did forget about that. You know what I haven't forgotten though? FOUR WINS IN A ROW FOR THE VARSITY BEARS

LOL. Keep hanging your hat on that. But stick around when the pendulum swings back.:)

I hope I'm around long enough for that, I'm definitely not getting any younger. Actually, it would probably be good for you guys to actually win one. It would do that side of town some good. I'm all about the charity

Well streaks come and go. Both schools have had a few. Tried to look up the records but could not find them (miss TUSCOLAFOOTBALL.com) I think, could be wrong, that THS has the longest streak in the matchup. Regardless, doesn't really matter....it is all about tomorrow night now. THS by 10. A new streak begins!

I did not realize that the starting JV QB was pulled up to varsity and they were using a new one. But he did OK for the most part. That is now an even dozen in a row for the THS JVS. Their last loss was AT Franklin in the final game of 2015. Somebody mentioned streaks. The longest one was a 10 game streak by Tuscola in the 80s. Something tells me there may be some issues come to light down at Pisgah about tomorrow or so. All I am going to say on that.

Mule the Mountaineers are gonna have some issues come to light about 7:30 tomorrow night..... in the form of a bunch of angry black bears ready to eat up some Hillbillies from the West side! Whatcha gonna do when the Black Bears come for you brother?

Mountaineers take this one. Saw Pisgah against Murphy and they look extremely slow and weak on defense. Once Pisgah goes down the mountain they will be one round and done in the playoffs.

Reactions: 91ths
I'm glad to see a bunch of grown men, especially one who is the Tuscola beat writer, revel in the "issues" of a couple of young men. You make me sick. And as far as the class of our Coach. Class is a man who is the first to help the youth football players from your side of the county when they are hit with adversity. Where was Mr Mountaineer "classy" coach during that time? Huh?

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
And as far as the class of our Coach. Class is a man who is the first to help the youth football players from your side of the county when they are hit with adversity. Where was Mr Mountaineer "classy" coach during that time? Huh?
I appreciate anyone who helped the youth league teams, but there is a little more to that story than you know. Chappell is an excellent coach, but some of the things he does are comparable to a youth league coach. I sure hope if we win our coach does not look like a goober and wear a shirt with the score on it. I hope if we get ahold of one of your game balls that our coach does not allow our team to sign the ball with smart a** comments and have pictures posted with it on social media. There is a new sheriff at Pisgah and your coach better respect that fact; some of his antics aren't going to fly anymore.

Well well. I'm glad that all the Floridians have classied you Waynesville folk up so much. We poor dumb Canton folk are so happy that our sophisticated big brothers from Waynesville are around to call us down when we need it. Real class when your basketball team is allowed to stomp on the middle of our gym floor and chant and sing after beating us in your house. We beat you in your house and your Big T club deputy grabs a bunch of high school cheerleaders and basketball players and throws then off the court. Your students chant very nasty things at our cheerleaders in the gym, your principal is confronted about it, does nothing. You're right there is a new sheriff at Pisgah, and she's a lot more of a man than yours. She's one of us whether you like it or not.

You guys talking about stomping on the floor calling each other names .I am old school .Remember when one of our QB was beat up after a game we won .Was nothing unusual to see several fights break out in the stand 's ,bomb threats.Canton youth stayed out of Waynesville and Waynesville youth stayed out of Canton..Compared to then today is not even close.So enjoy the game.Nothing in high school football compared to the rivalry and compassion of fans on both sides.This is the games the players will remember all their life and tell their grandkids about.It's what high school football is all about.The players get no pay work all year and look forward to" the game"As for us fans win or lose there's always next year.Here's hoping we have an injury free game.Go Bears.

Oh I'm all for the winner celebrating, to the Victor comes the spoils. Apparently Tuscola is as long as it's them. Our administration has enough class to let their kids celebrate. Theirs doesn't plain and simple. Just watch tonight if we win. It will look like the Waynesville/hcsd gustapo.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT