ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah Bears

They did, The D looks good at this point which is no suprise usually this time of the year they look ahead of the O. Running the ball well. got a coupld of good wr's that are really going to help young qb. its early but we will be ok. scrimmage with swain ended up being a pretty good matchup neither team showed a lot of the playbook pisgah would have won the live game situation i believe 2-0 or 2-1 got owen this friday night before opener next week

Cougar i have confidence in my boys but from my understanding i dont think you have much to worry about in week 3 hearing big things out of AHS again. we will come to fight but not sure how we match up with the speed

they did however ive not had a chance to see them yet...not sure what to expect out of them i havent heard much other than there numbers are up

Cougar i have confidence in my boys but from my understanding i dont think you have much to worry about in week 3 hearing big things out of AHS again. we will come to fight but not sure how we match up with the speed
Well we MIGHT have the speed edge on you guys this year, but this years team isn't as fast as some years past. They aren't slow by any means, but last years team was faster, this team might be bigger. I hope you guys bring over one of those big Haywood County crowds.

Them BEARSSSS looked good tonite. Was really excited with the way the jv's manhandled Owen. Varsity had another good game. We scored again on our first 10 plays and held Owen to 1 first down in there first 10 plays

From what I heard your JVs beat Owen 1-0 and your Varsity 1s scored on our 1s and our 2s scored on your 2s. 1-1 was that. Domination? Most of our JV is freshmen and I hear most of yours are sophs. I heard yall should win your conference and heard your lines were big and good so good luck.

From what I heard your JVs beat Owen 1-0 and your Varsity 1s scored on our 1s and our 2s scored on your 2s. 1-1 was that. Domination? Most of our JV is freshmen and I hear most of yours are sophs. I heard yall should win your conference and heard your lines were big and good so good luck.
I thought our JV score was 2-1 but was not really keeping count.Saw some good things from my bears tonight.We had several running backs that run the ball well,both QB's looked good.Defense has played good both games.
As for Owen looked good at times but like I said we have a pretty good defense.Scrimmages just give coaches a chance to see where they are at and look at a lot of players.Think both coaches did that last night.Would have liked to see them play game rules at least once ,but will wait til next week.Good luck to the Warhorses this year.Especially against Tuscola.
By the way 'owen98'that's two years in a row without a fight.

Yeah that's good. Maybe we can schedule regular season contests again now. Always enjoyed those. Always well contested slugfests.

No pun intended. Really good games. 41-27, 10-7, 10-9 and 35-34 were the scores of the last 4 conference games when yall were in the WHC. I believe those are accurate off memory.

No pun intended. Really good games. 41-27, 10-7, 10-9 and 35-34 were the scores of the last 4 conference games when yall were in the WHC. I believe those are accurate off memory.

Word on the street is with the new realignment these two teams will be in the same Conference.

I would like a conference with Owen Pisgah Franklin Smoky Mtn Brevard Madison Hendersonville and Tuscola.

I would like a conference with Owen Pisgah Franklin Smoky Mtn Brevard Madison Hendersonville and Tuscola.
What I'm hearing is Owen, Franklin, Pisgah, Brevard, Smoky, Mtn. Heritage, East, Madison,and Hendersonville (unless they go down the mountain)also depending on Averys #'s weather they're 1a or 2a. Tuscola, West and North will go elsewhere since they will remain 3 a. State wants rid of split conferences and it's totally understandable. No reason a 3-7 team should be in none the less host a playoff game.

Reactions: jumbob
What I'm hearing is Owen, Franklin, Pisgah, Brevard, Smoky, Mtn. Heritage, East, Madison,and Hendersonville (unless they go down the mountain)also depending on Averys #'s weather they're 1a or 2a. Tuscola, West and North will go elsewhere since they will remain 3 a. State wants rid of split conferences and it's totally understandable. No reason a 3-7 team should be in none the less host a playoff game.

Wow, that's schools from most of the counties in WNC not in SMC country! Actually, part of it IS in SMC country! Looks good but man, the travel....

Owen already travels to Yancey,Polk,Henderson,Mitchell,Avery, and Madison counties. Wouldn't be any worse.

Tuscola will be moving down also, they have around 20 something less kids than Pisgah according to the ADMs.

Tuscola will be moving down also, they have around 20 something less kids than Pisgah according to the ADMs.
Correct that was before the largest freshman class in Tuscola history. Sorry pal yall have almost 120 more kids than Pisgah now.

Correct that was before the largest freshman class in Tuscola history. Sorry pal yall have almost 120 more kids than Pisgah now.

Ya'll, I live in Canton and my son is at Pisgah and part of athletics, I was just going off of stuff that was said previously, which had Pisgah at 1015 and THS at 1012 and I still don't see them having that many more kids in just one year, did I say it was not possible, no, but I just don't see it, the year before, 2013 had Pisgah at 1049 and Tuscola at 1028, If you look at middle school numbers, WMS had 907, CMS 560ish and BMS at 330ish, which would still put the numbers on par keeping the schools pretty even.

On the other board the projection was both Tuscola and Pisgah would drop to 2A if the new format is approved.

If enrollments don't change significantly, Pisgah and Tuscola will definitely be big 2A schools with the new format coming in 2017.

I can't believe enka high coach told news 13 it is a BIG rivalry week for them. Sorry the BEARS didn't get that memo Never thought of Enka as a rivalry game Just hope we don't overlook the jets looking ahead to the Cougars the following week. GO BEARSSSS

I think the "what rivalry?" thing is a bit overblown. You can have secondary rivalries and for Pisgah & Enka, I think that is what you have. They are adjacent school districts with, more formerly now for Enka, a primarily blue-collar fan base. Given their proximity, they usually draw well, including JV games. Tuscola and the old Sylva-Webster game was similar in that regard. Brevard and Pisgah used to be too.

If Enka thinks it's a big game for them, nobody is hurt by it.

Reactions: pisgah101
I can't believe enka high coach told news 13 it is a BIG rivalry week for them. Sorry the BEARS didn't get that memo Never thought of Enka as a rivalry game Just hope we don't overlook the jets looking ahead to the Cougars the following week. GO BEARSSSS
Enka's coach and Pisgah's coach are very close friends..maybe that's why he called it
Chappell and Frady are close friends...maybe that's why he called it a rivlary game..You don't need to worry..Chappell isn't overlooking this game...

Enka's coach and Pisgah's coach are very close friends..maybe that's why he called it

Chappell and Frady are close friends...maybe that's why he called it a rivlary game..You don't need to worry..Chappell isn't overlooking this game...

And they have also played what, 40 times over the years, yea, it may have been one sided, but that's still a ton of games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT