ADVERTISEMENT

Paid Off

"Grimsley went to O.T with Reagan East Beatthem 37-3... Also Beat Rolesville 47-0" .

Sorry NU2TSO NY but your statement is incorrect. Grimsley beat Reagan 40-34 and it didn't go anywhere near OT. That was the score with ~10 minutes remaining in the 4th Qtr so don't know where you got that OT info. I look forward to a Grimsley/E Forsyth contest should both Grimsley and EF both advance to that round.

Pinecrest and Rolesville aren’t bad teams lol.
Defensive, are we? 😜 Never said they are bad teams, just not tough enough imo.. and not teams EF and Grimsley should be scheduling in non conference. If you read my posts I said "very tough" you know like... Butler, MC, Hough, Chambers, CC.. for example Grimsley should be playing Dudley ATLEAST.. but Grimsley was so scared for years that Dudley started a lasting relationship with Hillside instead.. Grimsley's head coach and AD should be looking around at programs and seeing who is going to be top 5 or 10 in the state and challenging themselves early and often. Instead they get on camera the week leading up to the game against Clayton and say, "we are preparing for a very tough opponent," like who is this guy kidding, its almost a joke, coach are we watching the same tape? very tough? come on man.. its laughable. I'm sure Coach Nance and Coach Weeks know a few people, they could help work something out.

I get it though, EF and Grimsley aren't exactly programs that have seen a ton of success in their history, so its normal to want some easier undefeated seasons for a change.

Anyways.. I'm done with this post. OP is belly aching about New Bern playing a 2A school (which is an in county rival), when his own team's schedule is nothing to write home about. I rest my case.

Last edited:
Defensive, are we? 😜 Never said they are bad teams, just not tough enough imo.. and not teams EF and Grimsley should be scheduling in non conference. If you read my posts I said "very tough" you know like... Butler, MC, Hough, Chambers, CC.. for example Grimsley should be playing Dudley ATLEAST.. but Grimsley was so scared for years that Dudley started a lasting relationship with Hillside instead.. Grimsley's head coach and AD should be looking around at programs and seeing who is going to be top 5 or 10 in the state and challenging themselves early and often. Instead they get on camera the week leading up to the game against Clayton and say, "we are preparing for a very tough opponent," like who is this guy kidding, its almost a joke, coach are we watching the same tape? very tough? come on man.. its laughable. I'm sure Coach Nance and Coach Weeks know a few people, they could help work something out.

I get it though, EF and Grimsley aren't exactly programs that have seen a ton of success in their history, so its normal to want some easier undefeated seasons for a change.
Makes sense. I get what you’re saying. Almost as if they’re playing the game of Confidence vs. Experienced. Do you go 10-0 and play with confidence or 6-4 but battle tested. I know some coaches who do both.

Reactions: PagePirates44
My complaint is not where teams are seeded as much as that over 65% of the schools make the playoffs.
Drop a round and go to 33% of the schools. With that I would want the qualifying method to be completely revamped.
I agree but the NCH$AA doesn't want that.

Reactions: NU2TSO NY
I love East Forsyth and from knowing their coaches they would absolutely Cringe if they saw your posts. Please quit! I have too much respect for those guys and I don't like seeing such negative things associated with their names and Program. Cheer them on and keep it positive

I love East Forsyth and from knowing their coaches they would absolutely Cringe if they saw your posts. Please quit! I have too much respect for those guys and I don't like seeing such negative things associated with their names and Program. Cheer them on and keep it positive
I agree, the guy who made this thread is way off base. Very immature the amount of disrespect for the Athletic Association and their integrity. Imagine going to those lengths to try and delegitimatize the seeding process just because it didn't go their way. There is no human element involved, its all calculated using an equation. The numbers have been readily available since like week 4...

I agree but the NCH$AA doesn't want that.
I sat in a meeting about five years ago where the NCHSAA told the coaches that they felt the playoffs should go to four rounds in the subdivided playoffs. The coaches were over the top about staying at five. Had a couple of 1A schools about 12 years ago request 1A playoffs have three sub-classes for football (1A, 1AA, 1AAA).

I had the conversation for years with numerous coaches about reducing the playoff teams and they were all for it in private (most of them) but when it came time to decide they would not vote that way. An extra game, an extra week of practice, an extra playoff appearance in the bio. All good.

The amount of money made on the first round games is decent but not a huge number and the NCHSAA cut is not significant in their overall numbers. Too many of the games are very weak teams traveling long distances to get steam rolled. The home team does not draw its usual due to the opponent and about the only people that come for the guest team are the family members.

I sat in a meeting about five years ago where the NCHSAA told the coaches that they felt the playoffs should go to four rounds in the subdivided playoffs. The coaches were over the top about staying at five. Had a couple of 1A schools about 12 years ago request 1A playoffs have three sub-classes for football (1A, 1AA, 1AAA).

I had the conversation for years with numerous coaches about reducing the playoff teams and they were all for it in private (most of them) but when it came time to decide they would not vote that way. An extra game, an extra week of practice, an extra playoff appearance in the bio. All good.

The amount of money made on the first round games is decent but not a huge number and the NCHSAA cut is not significant in their overall numbers. Too many of the games are very weak teams traveling long distances to get steam rolled. The home team does not draw its usual due to the opponent and about the only people that come for the guest team are the family members.
Good to hear its not about money. It's always one of those main points that people bring up when a football decision is made by the NCHSAA. Thank you for your incredible insight as always.

Reactions: cimsies
I agree, the guy who made this thread is way off base. Very immature the amount of disrespect for the Athletic Association and their integrity. Imagine going to those lengths to try and delegitimatize the seeding process just because it didn't go their way. There is no human element involved, its all calculated using an equation. The numbers have been readily available since like week 4...
I see some people love to talk just to have ish to say . And dont have a real clue of whats going on big deal i know the coaches who dont know them very nice coaches over there. Like I posted how are you #1 in your area all year long then come playoff time your not . So I cant express myself on this thread its a forum correct ....
Good to hear its not about money. It's always one of those main points that people bring up when a football decision is made by the NCHSAA. Thank you for your incredible insight as always.
Good to hear its not about money either cause some guy swore up & down it was great gate for both teams..

• Haha
Reactions: PagePirates44
Good to hear its not about money either cause some guy swore up & down it was great gate for both teams..
Some of the first round games will draw well. Mostly when you have two teams that are fairly closely matched and the distance between them is not ridiculous. Many road teams do much more than break even after they pay the costs of the activity bus.

Albemarle has three wins and is driving over four hours to Murphy. Albemarle is not as bas as their record, as they lost close games to higher classification schools, but there are also teams with zero and one wins in the 1A playoffs.

Personally, I like ten game with five rounds of playoffs but to appease all allow the schools to play an 11 game regular season, keep all the gate, and have the playoffs with one less round. You can play your in conference rival a second time in a non conference game for a big gate or find someone you would not usually play.

Certainly there can be easier paths, but I would prefer my team to get in a dog fight early and maintain that mindset throughout the playoffs. An easy path for a game or two and then a big test can be a great catalyst for nerves. Battle tested teams & programs that have an edge before the coin flip is a big part of sports & championships. With all the what if’s, if you have your team prepared, you don’t mind your draw because in order to win it all, you have to beat everyone anyway. Do believe whoever stays the healthiest out of the top half of the west bracket wins it all though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT