ADVERTISEMENT

Page at Reidsville. Thoughts?

R - Paul Widerman 1 run (Markez Horne pass from Johnniyus Sharpe), 7:41 first quarter
P - Santiago Garcia 42 field goal, 5:42
R - Widerman 11 pass from Al Lee (Grady Barrett kick), 1:52 first quarter
R - Cam'ron Jones 16 pass from Lee (Sharpe run), 9:05 second quarter
P - Maurice Andrews 10 run (Garcia kick), 4:09 third quarter

23-10

P - Christian Brown 26 fumble return (Garcia kick), 23-17, 3:08

23-17 ... Pirates making a rally

Reactions: Maiden Creek
R - Widerman 27 pass from Lee (Sharpe run), 11:06 fourth quarter

31-17

Great run by Widerman as he broke tackle at about the 15

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I called this one. Saying 14-20. Rams have to stop letting up. But a win is a win.

SCORING SUMMARY
Greensboro Page 3 0 14 0 -- 17
Reidsville 15 8 0 8 -- 31

R - Paul Widerman 1 run (Markez Horne pass from Johnniyus Sharpe), 7:41 first quarter

P - Santiago Garcia 42 field goal, 5:32 first quarter

R - Widerman 11 pass from Al Lee (Grady Barrett kick), 1:52 first quarter

R - Cam’ron Jones 16 pass from Lee (Sharpe run), 9:05 second quarter

P - Maurice Andrews 10 run (Garcia kick), 4:09 third quarter

P - Christian Brown 26 fumble return (Garcia kick), 23-17, 3:08

R - Widerman 27 pass from Lee (Sharpe run), 11:06 fourth quarter

Well, I tried sandbagging all week and as you can tell I'm not very good at it... LOL We aren't used to being sorry.
Hats off to Reidsville, our young secondary had a hard time stopping the Rams passing attack, especially in the 1st half. Page was able to make it a 6 point game later in the 2nd, but just wasn't able to get the stops down the stretch to come all the way back. Side note: I sat on the Reidsville side in the 4th quarter, two rows down from the top. There was a guy trying to justify the Cowboys getting Trey Lance, saying Prescott was going to stink it up and be benched LOL, thats a yikes from me. Watch out though, the Giants aren't messin around in week 1.

Well, I tried sandbagging all week and as you can tell I'm not very good at it... LOL We aren't used to being sorry.
Hats off to Reidsville, our young secondary had a hard time stopping the Rams passing attack, especially in the 1st half. Page was able to make it a 6 point game later in the 2nd, but just wasn't able to get the stops down the stretch to come all the way back. Side note: I sat on the Reidsville side in the 4th quarter, two rows down from the top. There was a guy trying to justify the Cowboys getting Trey Lance, saying Prescott was going to stink it up and be benched LOL, thats a yikes from me. Watch out though, the Giants aren't messin around in week 1.
That's one thing I've always liked about the Reidsville fans. They're hardcore. They can flat out talk some football.

That's one thing I've always liked about the Reidsville fans. They're hardcore. They can flat out talk some football.
One lady said, you usually don't see Reidsville struggling to beat teams like the past two weeks. (I thought to myself, that's what happens when you don't schedule cupcakes anymore) :D

One lady said, you usually don't see Reidsville struggling to beat teams like the past two weeks. (I thought to myself, that's what happens when you don't schedule cupcakes anymore) :D

Well I agree and disagree with you. You’re right the schedule doesn’t involve cupcakes, but also don’t think we struggle if healthy the first two weeks. A few years ago we had a schedule rotation of nwg, northern and hpa, ( when they were all good )

Well I agree and disagree with you. You’re right the schedule doesn’t involve cupcakes, but also don’t think we struggle if healthy the first two weeks. A few years ago we had a schedule rotation of nwg, northern and hpa, ( when they were all good )
Sure, but I do remember days when Reidsville had like Morehead, Rockingham County, Bartlett Yancey, and like McMicheal or something, and they were all terrible....

Sure, but I do remember days when Reidsville had like Morehead, Rockingham County, Bartlett Yancey, and like McMicheal or something, and they were all terrible....

We have no choice to play those teams though. They are mandated by the county. Bartlett yancey has been a conference opponent. As much as I don’t want to play them either.

Reactions: PagePirates44
It's not that we don't try to schedule good teams. We scheduled NW Guilford... won't schedule us again. Northern Guilford... won't schedule us. WS Reynolds... nope. We have no choice in playing the county schools. I'd like to schedule Salem, in Roanoke. Similar in size and great football tradition. Huge fan bases that travel. I'd like see a Dudley game, but it wouldn't make sense other than the gate. They're us but much deeper. 1s vs 1s pretty even match up. Their depth would be a challenge. I would like to see a 1a vs 2a challenge. Reidsville vs Tarboro. I'd you do a 2a vs 2a challenge It's going to hurt the looser in playoffs, so no sense in that. Just my thoughts on it

Some stats:
Total Yards
- Page 231, Reidsville 357
Offensive plays (time of possession): P 60 (33:07); R 54 (22:43)

Page's Maurice Andrews 30 carries, 183 yards
Page passing 7 of 21, 45 yards

Rams' Paul Widerman 15 carries, 67 yards, 1 TD; 2 receptions, 38 yards, 2 TDs
Rams' Al Lee 18-of-26 passing, 288 yards, 3 TDs
Rams' Kendre Harrison 6 receptions, 116 yards; Cam'ron Jones 6 receptions, 111 yards, 1 TD

Last edited:
difference in the game was Harrison imo. We couldn't stop him in the 1st half.

Last edited:
Some stats:
Total Yards
- Page 231, Reidsville 357
Offensive plays (time of possession): P 60 (33:07); R 54 (22:43)

Page's Maurice Andrews 30 carries, 183 yards
Page passing 7 of 21, 45 yards

Rams' Paul Widerman 15 carries, 67 yards, 1 TD; 2 receptions, 38 yards, 2 TDs
Rams' Al Lee 18-of-26 passing, 288 yards, 3 TDs
Rams' Kendre Harrison 6 receptions, 116 yards; Cam'ron Jones 6 receptions, 11 yards, 1 TD

Is that 111 yards for Cam Jones?

difference in the game was Harrison imo. We couldn't stop him in the 1st half.

I think you guys made some good adjustments in the 2nd half. I think you guys will have an opportunity to finish 2nd in conference.

Cam Jones also had a big game, he's a big wr and only a jr. I knew it would be hard to stop Andrews, he had a big game last year as well.

It's not that we don't try to schedule good teams. We scheduled NW Guilford... won't schedule us again. Northern Guilford... won't schedule us. WS Reynolds... nope. We have no choice in playing the county schools. I'd like to schedule Salem, in Roanoke. Similar in size and great football tradition. Huge fan bases that travel. I'd like see a Dudley game, but it wouldn't make sense other than the gate. They're us but much deeper. 1s vs 1s pretty even match up. Their depth would be a challenge. I would like to see a 1a vs 2a challenge. Reidsville vs Tarboro. I'd you do a 2a vs 2a challenge It's going to hurt the looser in playoffs, so no sense in that. Just my thoughts on it
Go for Dudley

I think the Dudley match up should happen. It would be a great challeng though.

My ideal schedule would be: Dudley, Gw danville and either Eastern Alamance or Page to stay on the schedule.

Losing basically our whole starting defensive secondary to transfers really hurt us. We lost Blackwell (D1 offers), Southerland (All Conference), Hester (2 year starter, rising Jr), Martin. Tough.

Losing basically our whole starting defensive secondary to transfers really hurt us. We lost Blackwell (D1 offers), Southerland (All Conference), Hester (2 year starter, rising Jr), Martin. Tough.

What happened to Hester? If he transferred I didn't know that.

What happened to Hester? If he transferred I didn't know that.
Jackson and Jacen Hester, both transferred to Northeast Guilford. Basically, we had 2 assistant coaches leave the program this summer, and kids started leaving afterwards.

Not to mention, we also lost Rising Sophomore who started last year as a freshman, 6'4 280 Junior Saunders. Has offers to NC State and Virginia Tech. He transferred to all boys school Woodberry Forest in Va.

Impressive win by Reidsville, playing without their top two WRs and DBs, their best RB, their best lineman.

Rams will be a totally different team once they get healthy, without more injuries, which should be for the Eastern Alamance game.

They were missing a lineman who is good but not their best.

Robertson has basically seen his whole staff leave over the past 4 years. Two of them are now head coaches (Bagamary at Eastern Guilford and Mills at Walkertown), and a few more have left for various reasons. And then there is Coach Hagan who is no longer the defensive coordinator, since he took the Athletic Director job at Page over the summer. Which by the way I think was a great hire, we love Hagan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT