ADVERTISEMENT

Owen at Mitchell

That’s right y’all are way better than us. We can’t score or defend
You guys are solid team, best job travis has done since being at mit. On a serious note you guys are big underdogs, we have huge talent advantage but it's not going be cakewalk.

You guys are solid team, best job travis has done since being at mit. On a serious note you guys are big underdogs, we have huge talent advantage but it's not going be cakewalk.
No kidding. This is probably the biggest talent gap between Mitchell and Mountain Heritage. The Mountaineers will be lucky to even take the field. It will probably be 56-3. By halftime.

It finally seemed like the world had returned to normal tonight. I really enjoyed being able to catch up with friends and watch some in person football. I’d like to give the Owen kids credit, they played clean and were super good sports even when the score got ugly.

Only way I see mitchell scoring is we miss pass defense assignment. Our line will destroy them it will be worst then last year. Not trying to flame ,travis is doing awesome job, you guys dont have the horses, we are bigger and faster.
Yeah I like your predictions too go ahead call it give us a final score so we can make a few adjustments

• Haha
Reactions: 97Cougar
It finally seemed like the world had returned to normal tonight. I really enjoyed being able to catch up with friends and watch some in person football. I’d like to give the Owen kids credit, they played clean and were super good sports even when the score got ugly.
Good clean played game by both teams.

Reactions: Purple1995
No kidding. This is probably the biggest talent gap between Mitchell and Mountain Heritage. The Mountaineers will be lucky to even take the field. It will probably be 56-3. By halftime.
We played great tonight. This team is exceeding our expectations. I went & watched Heritage. There's no doubt how strong the team is. For us to win, luck will have to be on our side! Regardless of whether we get beat or not next week, I'm still very proud of our kids. Mountie, please stop talking garbage. They don't need any bulletin board material.

We played great tonight. This team is exceeding our expectations. I went & watched Heritage. There's no doubt how strong the team is. For us to win, luck will have to be on our side! Regardless of whether we get beat or not next week, I'm still very proud of our kids. Mountie, please stop talking garbage. They don't need any bulletin board material.
Your guys played well and have played well each game this season. Young team and they have stepped up. Should be a good game next week.lol and yes it does make for good locker room material on both sides.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
That's one mitchell fan that knows what coming lol

They’re wasn’t anyone beating Cherokee that night. I’d say y’all are more like the tri county all stars. Your best players come from Mitchell and Madison over your good stretch. Y’all going to get beat some now that you don’t have a 20 year old quarterback from spruce pine, a 19 year old athlete from Madison and two all conference linemen from spruce pine. Your only saving grace is you hired a guy from Mitchell. If you hadn’t you’d still be o-11. You wait your all star team is done. In the next three years you’ll finish 3rd or 4th. You don’t have much talent. U talk about our kids. Our sophomore qb is a better athlete than anyone y’all have right now. Y’all are so cocky. You weren’t that way when Joey started out losing his first 23 out of 27. If you hadn’t held a bunch of kids back and borrowed the best from two counties you’d have been average. So send us a ty card for helping u out
First time I’ve gotten on this year. Covid has had everyone in state of depression without HS Sports and work keeping me busy. Have enjoyed catching up with all the banter from the WHC. Looks like a good start for most of the conference. I did notice something in this post about a better athlete than anyone at Heritage. Just wondering what you are basing that off of? Fastest runner, highest jumper, maybe can throw a football further than anyone at Heritage. There is a few excellent 2 and 3 sport athletes at Heritage including their QB. Mitchell QB definitely has potential, but best athlete right now, I would have a different opinion if you follow all sports. Nothing wrong with opinions though.

Only way I see mitchell scoring is we miss pass defense assignment. Our line will destroy them it will be worst then last year. Not trying to flame ,travis is doing awesome job, you guys dont have the horses, we are bigger and faster.
Lately it's seems if Madison put on green jerseys they would give Mitchell a hard time and I don't know how these teams this year compare talent wise according to the preseason picks Mitchell supposed to have been 0-3 instead of 3-0 at this point so I'll take it. Now I don't know who's the fastest or the most talented but I assume by bigger is a reference to the size of the line. Here's the comparisons.

Mitchell.... Mtn Heritage
6'2" 250.... 5'11" 200
6'1" 220.... 5'10" 175
6'0" 220.... 5'9" 170
6'3" 254.... 6'4" 228
6'3" 285.... 5'6" 164
5'10" 230.... 6'0" 205
6'0" 260.... 6"3" 275
6'2" 265.... 6'0" 220
.................. 6'1" 265
Onee MH player 6'2" weight not given
One MH player height and weight not given.

Last edited:
Lately it's seems if Madison put on green jerseys they would give Mitchell a hard time and I don't know how these teams this year compare talent wise according to the preseason picks Mitchell supposed to have been 0-3 instead of 3-0 at this point so I'll take it. Now I don't know who's the fastest or the most talented but I assume by bigger is a reference to the size of the line. Here's the comparisons.

Mitchell. Mtn Heritage
6'2" 250. 5'11" 200
6'1" 220. 5'10" 175
6'0" 220. 5'9" 170
6'3" 254. 6'4" 228
6'3" 285. 5'6" 164
5'10" 230. 6'0" 205
6'0" 260. 6"3" 275
6'2" 265. 6'0" 220
6'1" 265 One MH player 6'2" weight not given
I will say this. My son is one of the 6’2 kids although not a lineman. And his weight hadn’t been updated since sophomore year if your going by Max preps. Not sure if some of the others have been or not.

Mitchell playing a solid game but I think Owens defense may have been a little over hyped just my opinion.
I finally got to catch some of the game tonight. I would have to agree strongly with this. I really expected a more physical game up front. I thought this may be the smallest Owen team I have seen in awhile. The did have some good athletes but when lineman blowing through into the second level, makes it a tough night on the athletes on the back end. The Owen QB moves well and has a strong arm. Some good receivers. #4 for Owen looked fast on the TD run. Mitchell’s offense moved the ball at will for most of the night. Definitely won up front. I would agree this is one of the smallest Mitchell Teams that may give them more overall team speed. I will say Heritage will have more than enough speed to match up well with both teams from what I saw. Should be some good games. Just glad to see kids back on the field doing something.

6'2" 250.... 5'11" 200
6'1" 220.... 5'10" 175
6'0" 220.... 5'9" 170
6'3" 254.... 6'4" 228
6'3" 285.... 5'6" 164
5'10" 230.... 6'0" 205
6'0" 260.... 6"3" 275
6'2" 265.... 6'0" 220
Bro mitchell was lot bigger last year, what happen like I told mountie Heritage is always more athletic. You guys will find that out Friday, your qb will never get outside

I will say this. My son is one of the 6’2 kids although not a lineman. And his weight hadn’t been updated since sophomore year if your going by Max preps. Not sure if some of the others have been or not.
Yeah it was Max sports I'd say they may get a lot of the kids weights wrong but it's all I had to go by. Maybe some people that went to the games have programs more upto date

6'2" 250.... 5'11" 200
6'1" 220.... 5'10" 175
6'0" 220.... 5'9" 170
6'3" 254.... 6'4" 228
6'3" 285.... 5'6" 164
5'10" 230.... 6'0" 205
6'0" 260.... 6"3" 275
6'2" 265.... 6'0" 220
Good info. May have been my old eyes. I know Heritage has one over 300. Not sure why that’s not listed. We never have a huge line. Not needed as much for our offense I guess. We did have a huge line in 2009, but most the time we jussi have medium lineman for size with good speed and grit.

Just hope the kids stay focus ,this is mitchell super bowl they are sick and tired watching Joey winning championships every year.

Good info. May have been my old eyes. I know Heritage has one over 300. Not sure why that’s not listed. We never have a huge line. Not needed as much for our offense I guess. We did have a huge line in 2009, but most the time we jussi have medium lineman for size with good speed and grit.
Well size is good but it's not all about that I've seen 6'7" guys slow or bad technique. Probably Mitchell's best lineman last year @ 5'10" was their smallest starter I believe but great technique. I've Seen big boys in high school on defense come straight out of their stance and get pushed around by a smaller guy.

Bro mitchell was lot bigger last year, what happen like I told mountie Heritage is always more athletic. You guys will find that out Friday, your qb will never get outside
I think you're scared of losing in Ledger next fri, we sure owe payback over the graffiti incident I bet your backs will be trying to get to the outside after 1st quarter then we win and you disappear

• Haha
I think you're scared of losing in Ledger next fri, we sure owe payback over the graffiti incident I bet your backs will be trying to get to the outside after 1st quarter then we win and you disappear
You have obviously not watched our backs. 42 not going outside for anyone and your not doing your team any favors by saying so. These seniors have never needed added motivation but by all means give them some lol.

6'2" 250.... 5'11" 200
6'1" 220.... 5'10" 175
6'0" 220.... 5'9" 170
6'3" 254.... 6'4" 228
6'3" 285.... 5'6" 164
5'10" 230.... 6'0" 205
6'0" 260.... 6"3" 275
6'2" 265.... 6'0" 220
My little brother is 6’3 sophomore. Travis definitely got those kids in the underdog feel. Let the cat skinning behind lol.

You have obviously not watched our backs. 42 not going outside for anyone and your not doing your team any favors by saying so. These seniors have never needed added motivation but by all means give them some lol.
I have watched your backs since 3rd grade, if you recall we have beat them before 2020 ain't doing you any favors, he is fueling our kids they are in my living room horse laughing him as we speak this was a Mitchell Owen thread it will be a game next week all this junk talk ends fri night regardless of who wins my kid wears purple that's who I'm pulling for if you dont like it go back to the 2a forum and post and stop trying to spoil our win

I have watched your backs since 3rd grade, if you recall we have beat them before 2020 ain't doing you any favors, he is fueling our kids they are in my living room horse laughing him as we speak this was a Mitchell Owen thread it will be a game next week all this junk talk ends fri night regardless of who wins my kid wears purple that's who I'm pulling for if you dont like it go back to the 2a forum and post and stop trying to spoil our win
No one is spoiling your win I have done nothing but congratulate your team on how they played tonight. I simply respond to YOUR comment about our backs. Read the whole thread DA before you comment on someone trying to rain on your parade.

Reactions: Mhsneer
No one is spoiling your win I have done nothing but congratulate your team on how they played tonight. I simply respond to YOUR comment about our backs. Read the whole thread DA before you comment on someone trying to rain on your parade.
That message was for 2020 and his big mouth stay out of our business and maybe you don't get your feelings hurt you dont have to reply to everything that's said on here, I do believe we'll win dont you think your kid will win? If we didn't then why the Hell even play I'm tired of this stupid forum the kids will settle it while we watch fri I cant wait I hope for an injury free barnburner

I hope for a injury free game as well. But when you call out certain kids “backs” couple of which are like my own I’m gonna respond if your responding to me or not. When you talk about kids that are my business you make it my business therefore you get a smarta$$ response. I agree players will settle it Friday.

Reactions: Mhsneer
I hope for a injury free game as well. But when you call out certain kids “backs” couple of which are like my own I’m gonna respond if your responding to me or not. When you talk about kids that are my business you make it my business therefore you get a smarta$$ response. I agree players will settle it Friday.
Yep mines a back too problem is these kids all like each other hard to tell what'll happen fri if it wasn't for the injuries this damn game causes both teams every year we would have both probably brought home titles for sure, I'm telling you our defense is tough best we have had in years not downing any kid in particular go back check me out I dont call out anybody's kid, I'm just telling you it wont be up the gut come fri, line is very impressive considering their age if heritage wins running up the gut I will eat crow I'm saying Mitchell by 7

Yep mines a back too problem is these kids all like each other hard to tell what'll happen fri if it wasn't for the injuries this damn game causes both teams every year we would have both probably brought home titles for sure, I'm telling you our defense is tough best we have had in years not downing any kid in particular go back check me out I dont call out anybody's kid, I'm just telling you it wont be up the gut come fri, line is very impressive considering their age if heritage wins running up the gut I will eat crow I'm saying Mitchell by 7
Heritage by least 14. Couple will be up the gut. 😉

I know I cant wait but dread it at the same time as stupid as that may sound I really hope for no injuries either way win or lose
Same here. My son broke three ribs last season the Pisgah game. Luckily we had a off week the next week and then he missed the Avery game. Finished out the rest of the season. No fun seeing anyone injured.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT