ADVERTISEMENT

Owen at Mitchell

It’s at Mitchell. I wouldn’t count those chickens before they hatch.

Reactions: UNC91
Our defense is killer, it'll come down to whether or not we move the ball, Owen is a lot better than Smokey, it'll be close

Reactions: Mhsneer
I believe it will be a good game. If we can play close to even on the line then I think the sheer number of skill guys we have will be too much. If Mitchell wins the line of scrimmage by a considerable amount then it won’t matter what skill we have

Both Defenses are pretty good it will be which offense can put 21 points up

I believe it will be a good game. If we can play close to even on the line then I think the sheer number of skill guys we have will be too much. If Mitchell wins the line of scrimmage by a considerable amount then it won’t matter what skill we have
Yep
Both Defenses are pretty good it will be which offense can put 21 points up
My thoughts exactly I think our defense is one of the best we have had in years, your offense looks better I say it'll come down to how your defense plays our line is not as good as we had but they get it done

We are super athletic on both lines and defense as a whole. We lack weight size but we have length and can move. Usually on defense using a 1-10 scale have a couple players that are a 10 and a couple 7-8 then several 2-3. This year I feel we have 11 guys that are 7+. They fly to the ball, Gang tackle and just make plays. It will be interesting to see how we handle Mitchell’s d with our offensive front. If we hold up then I expect to win. Turnovers without a doubt could play a big factor as well. We have had 2 turnovers each game so far against inferior competition so it didn’t matter. This week it will

We are super athletic on both lines and defense as a whole. We lack weight size but we have length and can move. Usually on defense using a 1-10 scale have a couple players that are a 10 and a couple 7-8 then several 2-3. This year I feel we have 11 guys that are 7+. They fly to the ball, Gang tackle and just make plays. It will be interesting to see how we handle Mitchell’s d with our offensive front. If we hold up then I expect to win. Turnovers without a doubt could play a big factor as well. We have had 2 turnovers each game so far against inferior competition so it didn’t matter. This week it will
Our linebacker play is the best we've had, after the 1st quarter both games we've played backs quit coming up the middle and start trying to get outside that says a lot

With good weather and field conditions this will be the most speed Mitchell has seen at skill positions. Boyce can motor. Mitchell is probably still the better team up front but its closer than the past few years. Should be a dandy and special teams could play a factor.

I will say East and West were bigger than us up front but it didn’t come into play

LOL. We did have 2 INT just working on things. We played backups quite a while and they were playing some pretty good defense too. I know you don’t believe that you have no chance. It will be a good one

We also punted 2 times. The 1st possession after a dropped pass and we punted late with scrubs

The way I see the game Owen is the favorite, but it's very hard to win at Mitchell. If mountaineers dominate upfront they will win. Owen is best team M itchell has played so far, mountaineers are best team Owen has face.

I'm pulling for Mitchell to win.Its alot more fun beating Mitchell when there undefeated,then we get to bring the Mountaineers back to reality.Plus we get to do it on there field.
Then we get to go to Owen and give the Warhorses the same treatment.
Im sure both fan bases think they have a shot at us this year ,were all fans we don't decide the games the players do and those players know deep down what's coming .
Now if I'm wroung, just disregard this post.
I've got to get in Mitchell Mounties head.
l sure miss "redscare" Hendersonville fan that used to get on Mounties last nerve.

Reactions: PBBear51 and UNC91
I'm pulling for Mitchell to win.Its alot more fun beating Mitchell when there undefeated,then we get to bring the Mountaineers back to reality.Plus we get to do it on there field.
Im sure both fan bases think they have a shot at us this year ,were all fans we don't decide the games the players do and those players know deep down what's coming .
l sure miss "redscare" Hendersonville fan that used to get on Mounties last nerve.

y’all got our number but when hendo was in conference we got them and they got y’all a few times. Miss them in the conference. Owen looks the part this year an uphill battle for our young team

Haha I do miss old redscare. Mitchell is just taking it one game at a time. The boys improved greatly from week 1 to week 2, and I expect them to improve this week. That's all you can ask from a young team. I think Owen is a more complete team than Statesville or Smoky Mountain, but I dont think they have more team speed than Statesville, or a better back than Smoky. More balanced and complete tho. West Henderson seems to be down this year, and East is East, so Mitchell will be the best team Owen has faced so far. I'm sure last years drumming is still in their minds, that game seemed to light a fire under the Warhorses. It should be a good game, one that we haven't seen the likes of since 2014 (Owen won @ Mitchell something like 21-10). I'm going to tentatively say
Mitchell 20
Owen 14.

I dont know about Owen but Just keeping up with Mitchell , I would give Mitchell the edge as they have played very well in week 1 n 2 with a very young team. I like what they do offensively and their Defense is pretty good. Pass game could be a tad better as they had some incompletions vs Statesville but Overall I like what Mitchell has and does.

This will be a good one for both teams.

I'm gonna say Mitchell by 14, and I'm being conservative I don't think Owen will score more than twice against this defense my kid is on it, they're the real deal

That Mitchell o line once again Have a mindset that can’t be broken. Travis has them very focused and has got them feeling like they have something to prove, But the Owen squad plays well. Best of luck to both teams. My prediction is.
Mitchell-24
Owen-20

At some point will someone post the link to this game? Plan on trying to watch it since Heritage is not able to play Avery Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT