ADVERTISEMENT

Our politics in NC

These liberal channels told alot of lies over the years. Most recently about covid and the vaccines. I mean some will still say you can't get or spread covid if your vaccinated.
Also about how the virus originated

Arab man in box truck tried to attack Biden at white house.
CNN reports that it's a white supremacists.

Crickets 🦗🦗🦗
And let’s not forget how quick they were to make careers and win awards over the Russia hoax. MSDNC and the Clinton news network . Among a few others.

Hypocrite
You are fast to jump fox news. Then say "if it's true" about msn.
How come you don't know "if" it's true already. It's old news. I'll tell you why. Because you ain't looking. Your to busy looking at Fox news to push your agenda.
Mostly peaceful right🔥🚒
LOL I said "if true" because I do not know if its fact or not because I do not watch it, nor am I going to spend time researching it. How funny 13T that you also start calling people names. What I do know is Fox has settled numerous lawsuits for defamation and just recently settled one with Dominion for almost 800 million, which exposed text from their top personalities verifying they did not believe the election was stolen, however they broadcast it anyway for ratings. Up next is the Smartmatic lawsuit, which I imagine will result in a similar settlement. Lets throw in Trump/GOP trying to steal the election with the fake electors and I think its clear which side of the aisle is the biggest threat to our democracy in the future.

Did you send money to help Trump overturn the election? I guess you know they lost 60+ lawsuits on this in court, where the truth matters, and BS is just BS. I think he also out some of that money to into some PAC that can use it in many ways instead of defending his election lies.

And you still believe them when they use the below argument in court to get lawsuits dismissed?

"A federal judge on Thursday dismissed a lawsuit against Fox News after lawyers for the network argued that no "reasonable viewer" takes the primetime host Tucker Carlson seriously, a new court filing said."

Everything I have said can be verified by a little google on the matter, reported from numerous sources, but let me guess you will say they are all making up these fake stories....because thats what Fox and Newmax tell you to believe. Serious question, do you really think a few CABLE news sources are reporting the truth while 100's/1000's of others are all lying to us?

https://www.reuters.com/legal/fox-r...election-defamation-lawsuit-looms-2023-04-19/

Last edited:
You keep believing the dnc talking points.. Sheep ^

Why do conservatives that are likely Christian call people they believe to be liberal sheep?

Let's also get this straight, I don't listening to talking points from the DNC. I actually take time to read and research. I don't need people yelling at me telling me what to think or be angry over.

Meanwhile the Republicans AG in Texas has been impeached by a Republican Congress but he refuses to acknowledge he's done anything wrong calling on people to peacefully protest for him. People refuse to acknowledge when they mess up.

It's a shame George Santos hasn't been removed but it's obvious why he hasn't.

Why do conservatives that are likely Christian call people they believe to be liberal sheep?

Let's also get this straight, I don't listening to talking points from the DNC. I actually take time to read and research. I don't need people yelling at me telling me what to think or be angry over.
You just proved you listen to talking points by always bringing Christians in your post. The research you take time to read do you do research on the writer. You will more than likely find that they are very left leaning. Look at how Matt Taibbi was treated by the left by his reporting on the Twitter Files. The IRS showed up at his house. I’m sure that you didn’t believe the Durham Report. Adam Schiff should be removed Congress but it’s obvious why he hasn’t.

I think the political perspective of North Carolina’s legislature regarding high school athletics is very relevant to this site. The national partisan political discussion should stay on Facebook.

Agree and of course I am one of the guilty parties but back on topic, there is a hearing today regarding the NCGA take over of the NCHSAA.

Reactions: ocdavis31
I did not get it from the beginning but will try to watch it on video. Que made them look like morons.

They definitely don’t have a clue about NIL. You can be a high school athlete and work a job and that’s ok. If a business wants to give a athlete money for NIL can’t have that.

They definitely don’t have a clue about NIL. You can be a high school athlete and work a job and that’s ok. If a business wants to give a athlete money for NIL can’t have that.

I feel there were certainly some bone headed remarks about NIL. One guy said we'll have hs athletes making more than coaches and officials. If you're afraid of that then perhaps it's time to pay coaches and officials more.

I feel there were certainly some bone headed remarks about NIL. One guy said we'll have hs athletes making more than coaches and officials. If you're afraid of that then perhaps it's time to pay coaches and officials more.
I will say this - ONLY because of your comment … the vast majority of (if not ALL) student-athletes who work part-time jobs make more $ annually than their coaches do (for coaching their respective sport). Coaching supplements are exclusive to the teaching salaries earned from 8am-3pm; roughly averaging out to about 7-10% of their overall teacher salary. The NCGA has no control over coaching supplement amounts - those figures are exclusively determined by local BOE’s/LEA’s. So - when and where coaching compensations are … lacking(?), those deficits are directly related to the decisions of (y)our locally elected officials. States like SC, GA, and TX know and understand this all too well. That’s WHY their HS coaches are compensated so well - they’re locally elected officials get it. Let’s be real and assign blame where it belongs. All it would take is a few school systems to address and “fix” this problem. Others - especially the surrounding, competing LEA’s - would ultimately be forced to follow suit in order to ensure the quality of their coaches. Just sayin …

Reactions: Capcity49
I will say this - ONLY because of your comment … the vast majority of (if not ALL) student-athletes who work part-time jobs make more $ annually than their coaches do (for coaching their respective sport). Coaching supplements are exclusive to the teaching salaries earned from 8am-3pm; roughly averaging out to about 7-10% of their overall teacher salary. The NCGA has no control over coaching supplement amounts - those figures are exclusively determined by local BOE’s/LEA’s. So - when and where coaching compensations are … lacking(?), those deficits are directly related to the decisions of (y)our locally elected officials. States like SC, GA, and TX know and understand this all too well. That’s WHY their HS coaches are compensated so well - they’re locally elected officials get it. Let’s be real and assign blame where it belongs. All it would take is a few school systems to address and “fix” this problem. Others - especially the surrounding, competing LEA’s - would ultimately be forced to follow suit in order to ensure the quality of their coaches. Just sayin …

I know where the responsibility lies but why isn't the NCGA pressuring LEAs and county governments to increase them if it's an issue(which we know it is)? Why not increase funding so LEAs have more funds for coaches? Why not pressure the NCHSAA to increase officiating fees?

I know where the responsibility lies but why isn't the NCGA pressuring LEAs and county governments to increase them if it's an issue(which we know it is)? Why not increase funding so LEAs have more funds for coaches? Why not pressure the NCHSAA to increase officiating fees?
Why NOT? Because they (neither of them) don’t care! Sadly - for the most part … neither do the LEA’s. IF they did, would we even be having this conversation? They ALL take for granted (and in so doing - take advantage of) the reality that just about all prep-level coaches do so for the love of working with student- athletes and/or the love of “the game.” It is a long running paradox that will be changing no time soon.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Why NOT? Because they (neither of them) don’t care! Sadly - for the most part … neither do the LEA’s. IF they did, would we even be having this conversation? They ALL take for granted (and in so doing - take advantage of) the reality that just about all prep-level coaches do so for the love of working with student- athletes and/or the love of “the game.” It is a long running paradox that will be changing no time soon.

The coaches accepting it is a big part of the problem which we why we end up with not so great coaches sometimes or parents playing daddy ball. Schools just stick someone in a position or hire a parent not worried about the money because they already have a kush job.

Teachers have decided the treatment is unacceptable as they leave en mass. It's time for coaches to do the same.

This should be interesting.

They just need to bite the bullet and create legislation to regulate. This is going to cost the state millions in lawsuits but we know Berger and Moore don't care about that.

Florida said, "hold my beer."

The governor appoints the Commissioner of Education which has authority over the FHSAA. At any time the Commissioner can direct the FHSAA to change or remove any bylaws without review or appeal.

The number of Board Members was reduced to 13 from 16 (my understanding) in the same fashion as in NC. Eight will now be appointed by the governor and six by the schools.

A bit of an overreach of power it seems much like in NC.

From Vicki Sawyer who is leading this charge:

"As a parent, I’m not going to stand idly by and let an unaccountable association regulate the use of my child’s name, image, and likeness. The North Carolina High School Athletic Association has amassed millions of dollars in securities, while only issuing $65,000 in student athlete scholarships to 34 students. There are countless reasons to question the competency and legitimacy of NCHSAA, which is why filed Senate Bill 636: School Athletic Transparency — which grants the Superintendent of Public Instruction and the State Board of Education with authority to supersede high school athletic policies involving public schools. There is no good reason that a private, subcontractor for the state should ever have such control over student-athletes and their families."

So private entities can run public schools but not public sports?

Last edited:
From Vicki Sawyer who is leading this charge:

"As a parent, I’m not going to stand idly by and let an unaccountable association regulate the use of my child’s name, image, and likeness. The North Carolina High School Athletic Association has amassed millions of dollars in securities, while only issuing $65,000 in student athlete scholarships to 34 students. There are countless reasons to question the competency and legitimacy of NCHSAA, which is why filed Senate Bill 636: School Athletic Transparency — which grants the Superintendent of Public Instruction and the State Board of Education with authority to supersede high school athletic policies involving public schools. There is no good reason that a private, subcontractor for the state should ever have such control over student-athletes and their families."

So private entities can run public schools but not public sports?
Wonder how she’ll feel if the next elected Superintendent of Public Instruction is from the other party.

Wonder how she’ll feel if the next elected Superintendent of Public Instruction is from the other party.

They're playing a risky game because that's a position can go either way every election and with the current climate and changing political landscape in NC, I very easily could see several council of the state positions swinging next go around.

Sawyer isn't worried about that though, she's trying to take the lead and is either vying for Bergers seat or preparing to run for US Congress.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT