ADVERTISEMENT

Observations from the Shelby vs East Gaston Game

If it wasn’t senior night for Christopher, would be at that game in a heartbeat. Have never seen either of those teams play in person before, hoping to see one of them just to see how we stack up. To be the best, you have to play the best. Can’t beat em if you don’t play them.
Hey Kicked Off, I thought Sr. night was this Friday and we close out at Ledford on Nov 3rd?

I have seen both teams play SP. If each of them play the way they played against SP, it will be a fairly easy win for EG. Not sure what the problem is at RS. When we arrived and walked around the end zone to the visitor's side, RS was there warming up. We all remarked, SP may be in for a fight the first half because they look to have some solid players. Just not enough players on the roster. #3 looked like a beast warming up and there were others too. However, when the game started, the RS players already looked defeated. Immediate turnovers on their part and immediate scoring on the SP part drove the RS players into further dejection. You could just see it. You really felt sorry for them, the way the season has gone. Hopefully they and EG can get it turned around soon and be a lot more competitive. It makes it much more fun for the players and the fans when the games are competitive. Nobody likes to see a whipped dog being whipped.

Serious question for the Shelby or South Point Guys, You have both played RS and EG, who is worse? Wondering if it's worth my time to drive all the way to RS Friday night? EG is my team and if we have a chance, I'll be there. As much as it pains me to say, a actually thought we were worse than North Gaston and Chase (but we won both of those games).

I do not see RS stopping Creamer and Hilton in the running game especially having to respect Creamers passing ability. My guess is that RS and Chase are close comparisons. Not sure how close the EG/Chase game was, but it would be a measuring stick.

I do not see RS stopping Creamer and Hilton in the running game especially having to respect Creamers passing ability. My guess is that RS and Chase are close comparisons. Not sure how close the EG/Chase game was, but it would be a measuring stick.

East Gaston won 12-6 - not only was it low scoring but I don't think either put points on the board until late in the 1st half or maybe even in the 2nd half.

East Gaston won 12-6 - not only was it low scoring but I don't think either put points on the board until late in the 1st half or maybe even in the 2nd half.
It was 0-0 at the half. Chase game was probably the worst game we have played all year, except maybe Lincolnton (both those games were hard to watch). As bad as it has been, if we win Friday and then upset East Rutherford next week (which I don't see happening), we probably get into the playoffs.

Reactions: sasha_nc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT