ADVERTISEMENT

NW3A/4A

I feel your pain Pats. Freedom has always had the athletes and speed. Makes no sense to fall like that Friday. I'd imagine everyone in the area had Freedom to win by 2 scores. After this year maybe the boosters club will make a coaching decision.

If Beam ever decided to leave Newton, that'd be a super wise pick. Helms, love em or hate em'(not suppose to hate period if your a Christian) I'd consider him too if South don't pick em' up.

I would have to agree on South and Helms. I don't think Mike fits
the South mold for a couple of reasons. It's mutual, he would have
a hard time with the politics and the admin of South.

Let's look at Freedom...

On offense Freedom is blessed with experience -
O Line is very experienced, with all returning starters...good starters
Wideouts are very talented - led by D1 recruit Niguel Moore, a 4yr
varsity starter and Bailey Ragle, a 3yr varsity starter.
At RB - stable is full like always.
At QB we have senior Alex Lineberger. Alex is an athlete... arm continues to
improve and does very well in this offense. Played QB as a jv.

On defense, Freedom is lead by Marcus Hawkins, a 4yr
varsity starter and D1 commit. He is surrounded with both
experience and athletes. The Kicker/Punter is a senior as
well.

What needs rebuilding??

Yeah u got a good point. Helms hasn't done well with baseball schools. Didn't he do a year at Cherryville and a year at West Lincoln? All of which are kinda sorta baseball schools but not like South.

For a little fun and laughs.... who wins the Patton/Foard game
this Friday? Can Patton recover from St Stephens loss?

Patton is saving up everything they have for Freedom.
I say Freedom wins in a close one.. 98-95

Last edited:
Yeah u got a good point. Helms hasn't done well with baseball schools. Didn't he do a year at Cherryville and a year at West Lincoln? All of which are kinda sorta baseball schools but not like South.
was HC at Cherryville, Northwest Cabarrus, and West Charlotte.
Maybe an asst in Lincoln county, I'm not sure.

New to the form guys not new to the sport. I am ret. now but my sack has hung from several pair of bike shorts. I have read for a while but haven't had much to say as I am a South Caldwell supporter. With all this talk about coaching I think we have learned a valuable lesson over here this year. A coach must match his School clientele and style. Since you Freedom people don't seem to like your coach's style Why don't yall send him over here and see how you like power football coming from our boys.

Welcome! Glad to see another South poster.

We have seen power football coming from South Caldwell for 30 years....
Freedom is up 25-5 in the series.

Hibriten vs Watauga, get ready boys!!
best game in the uniform this season should be a good one i take hibriten defense 42 watauga 14 the other match up in pisgah both underfeated winner will challenge hibriten 3a for west tiltle take tuscola 45-21 over 12000 fans are inspected for that game i will keep up with that game

I know it doesn't carry much weight this year but Freedom continues their dominance over South Caldwell. Freedom leads the series 25 to 5!

Watauga is the real deal. Didn't think they could keep it close. If I'm not mistaken, that was the first point scored on Hibriten in the second half all season..... and they only put up 6

Watauga is the real deal. Didn't think they could keep it close. If I'm not mistaken, that was the first point scored on Hibriten in the second half all season..... and they only put up 6
Yep. A lot of misdirection, reverses even a hook and ladder. Wataugas defense played good as well. Tough bunch.

West Rowan, SP, Tuscola, Burns, it'll be one of those in 1st round, definetly 2nd round.

Just seeing how they hung on with Watauga even though they are good, it's gonna be a rough one around playoff time. Hope Lewis has a great game plan.

Shows a lot about this team. Getting behind early and fighting for a victory will go a long way come playoff time. That's the difference in most teams seasons. Builds character and confidence.

I don't know of a HC in this area that gets more out of his kids than
Habich. Clay Lewis is probably Conf Coach of the Year, but
Habich would have to be a close second with Tom Eanes on his
heels.

Hope to see Hibriten play this year. It will be in the playoffs in a home game most likely. Maybe I'll just fly in off the ramp on top Hibriten mountain. Nah, just sitting on the ramp is danger for me.

Hope to see Hibriten play this year. It will be in the playoffs in a home game most likely. Maybe I'll just fly in off the ramp on top Hibriten mountain. Nah, just sitting on the ramp is danger for me.
Call Seadog... he can drop you off at Lower Creek airport. Just call before landing so they
can mow you a path!

Last edited:
Reactions: Godevilsgo
Lol. He's pulling a Rulz on us. Folks don't miss Seadog as much as they miss seeing his profile picture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT