ADVERTISEMENT

NW3A/4A

Well folks expect a crowd as large or larger than the Black n Blue game. One for all the marbles.

Humbled and blessed to see Watauga win @ Freedom like they did. Great game, Freedom has always been a valued opponent.

Patton lost to St Stephens... lol
Burke County could combine the 4 teams and still couldnt win either conference.

Reactions: Godevilsgo
Turnovers and no game plan....

I chose this game to attend believing it to be the most competitive of all to chose from within 20-30 miles. I was so disappointed in Freedom's effort tonight. Whoever is in charge of their defensive effort needs to stay home from the lack of adjustments made tonight as the game progressed.I left at the end of the 3rd qtr. and a running clock. Watauga is a good team, well disciplined and well coached. They just kept making Freedom look worse and worse with each possession and did basically whatever they wanted to do. The Pioneers had a game plan.

This will be a whole new post but does anyone else think Hibriten is getting alittle nervous?? LOL

I chose this game to attend believing it to be the most competitive of all to chose from within 20-30 miles. I was so disappointed in Freedom's effort tonight. Whoever is in charge of their defensive effort needs to stay home from the lack of adjustments made tonight as the game progressed.I left at the end of the 3rd qtr. and a running clock. Watauga is a good team, well disciplined and well coached. They just kept making Freedom look worse and worse with each possession and did basically whatever they wanted to do. The Pioneers had a game plan.
Cheerduck, the biscuit and gravy offer is good for you while in Morganton. Should have reached out. I'm sorry Freedom didn't show up.

Last edited:
Cheerduck, the biscuit and gravy offer is good for you while in Morganton. Should have reached out. Sorry Freedom didn't show up.

Patsfball,

Man, I feel your pain as I am a Tuscola supporter. I can visualize your offense without even seeing one of your games. Hang in there, this should be the last year you have to deal with this. He will move on and hopefully your principal and AD will make a good hire.

Patsfball,

Man, I feel your pain as I am a Tuscola supporter. I can visualize your offense without even seeing one of your games. Hang in there, this should be the last year you have to deal with this. He will move on and hopefully your principal and AD will make a good hire.

Bring Helms back ha ha

Patsfball,

Appreciate the empathy ShineTime. Its a head scratcher to say the least. Glad Tuscola is having a good year!

I know, right.

I'm trying to behave.... I was probably too hard on him a couple of years back. I do wish someone would tell him and Sain that Emmons success in Tuscaloosa doesn't mean wins in Morganton. Quit riding his heels and coach this team!

Don't be surprised if Helms is back at Freedom or takes the wheel at South.

As much as South had put into this coach it might take a couple winless seasons and low turnout before they see a time for a change. I hadn't seen a team go from suger to poop that quick in a long time. Oh yeah remember Hibriten '11 lol. It can happen but it happened more at South. Seems to have happened alil at Freedom

I know, right.

I'm trying to behave.... I was probably too hard on him a couple of years back. I do wish someone would tell him and Sain that Emmons success in Tuscaloosa doesn't mean wins in Morganton. Quit riding his heels and coach this team!
If anything bragging about an Alabama back makes him look silly. All those talented players with no results other than wins in conference. Heck, he even had other teams starting defectors.

If anything bragging about an Alabama back makes him look silly. All those talented players with no results other than wins in conference. Heck, he even had other teams starting defectors.

Minus the QB position, most of the (defectors) team swapping is with Patton. One
or two of their players will come to us, and 2 or 3 of ours to them. All in the
Morganton family!

At the QB position - prior to this season, 3 out of 4 have been from other counties/
schools.
Michael Helms from Hickory, played freshman year at Hickory and transferred
with dad to Freedom.

Titus Smith from Lenoir, played freshman year for Morganton Mountaineers
(currently Hickory Hawks) and transferred to Freedom sophomore year.

Jaquan Crawford (tookie) played three years at Hickory and transferred
to freedom for senior year.

Last edited:
I know, right.

What does Emmons have to do with wins or losses in Morganton? They are a very different team this year which will take a couple of seasons to rebuild- don't see any heel riding over here- just hating on a successful former player

Great players and legends come and go. Once upon a time Leon Johnson then several years later EB gets Shatley, then Freedom gets Emmons. Programs rise, fall, have Cinderella seasons as they said bout EB and seeing them now, yeah, and rise again and fall again, but the cycle continues.

More great players than just those but those 3 tend to stick out

Very true. Area greats! Which should be celebrated instead of calling out coaches because their team is not as great without them.

What does Emmons have to do with wins or losses in Morganton? They are a very different team this year which will take a couple of seasons to rebuild- don't see any heel riding over here- just hating on a successful former player
Welcome back... obviously you misread. the hating is not on BJ at all,, best running
back in the state! love him to death.

What is different about this team??? They lost BJ. This is not a one man program.
.. the place is loaded with talent. What is there to rebuild?? Please.

Blair Hardin once said... "Freedom doesn't rebuild, they reload"
He followed it up by saying "Freedom shouldn't have a down year
with the athletes they have year after year"

I tend to agree. So again I ask, what are we rebuilding?

when you lose a great player who lead the team and inspired them to work harder, you need to rebuild, or reload if that makes you happier- but the point is that there is no need to be so critical of a coach or coaches. They spend so much time and effort for the team as all coaches do, and you get On an anonymous site and pick and are critical. If you can do better, get out there and help, and if not, offer encouragement and not this nonsense.

when you lose a great player who lead the team and inspired them to work harder, you need to rebuild, or reload if that makes you happier- but the point is that there is no need to be so critical of a coach or coaches. They spend so much time and effort for the team as all coaches do, and you get On an anonymous site and pick and are critical. If you can do better, get out there and help, and if not, offer encouragement and not this nonsense.

well this is America, so we can be monday morning QBs on the intertronz all we want. As w most things, this a diversion from real life.

Reactions: patsfball
Just like DLS from 2 years ago.... after I make a statement about coaching,
you join Rivals and I immediately receive an alert that you are following patsfball.
Too funny. Go out and come back in under old user name...

Tell DLS that patsfball said Hi..... and go to barber school,, wink wink

You act as though BJ is all that Freedom has or ever will have. This is the problem
I'm talking about!! What a slap in the face to all the hardworking seniors and leaders
on this current team. Keep your nonsense off this board!

And by the way, the only rebuilding Freedom needs has nothing to do with the
kids. You take it from there, and yes that includes you!

Last edited:
not entirely who you think I am, but I have viewed you for quite some time, so I just finally had enough of the nonsense, therefore, I created an account. I am not a barber, nor do I know who DLS is. My previous comments stand - if you think you can do it so well, get off of your mothers couch in the basement that you probably live in and go help out. You seem like you know as much as Saban, Miles, or Meyer, so help some coaches out instead of toss insults which do nothing to help the team that you apparently obsess about since you are on this website 24-7.

yeah yeah yeah and all that jazz. They need a ball boy down at Draughn.
You can still have dreams about Emmons in Valdese.

Emmons sure bounced back from the KM playoff loss. I'm sure after they shut him down that skeptics thought he wouldn't do much at Bama. I'd say he's holding his own now lol. The dude prob isn't given Freedom a second thought

Overall he's doing great. If all goes well this kid plays on Sundays!

As for KM a simple game plan, put 9 in the box and go to the next round!

lol you would have to include Allen, he's attached to him!

Believe me, he's attached while it benefits him, but will part like the
Red Sea before he goes down with the ship.

Last edited:
Blair Hardin once said... "Freedom doesn't rebuild, they reload"
He followed it up by saying "Freedom shouldn't have a down year
with the athletes they have year after year"

I tend to agree. So again I ask, what are we rebuilding?

He also said "Freedom is not a place where you can build a championship program. I never thought I would have to come in after a 13 win season and rebuild the culture"

as much talent as has been produced at Freedom....it takes much more than talent.

Never said that. Remember, you said you have no ties to the program so you would only know what you read in the newspaper, etc. Show us where he said that!

Freedom is loaded with talent. DLS, you have more talent than half the state and haven't defeated a winning team all season. ZERO adjustments Friday night against a much smaller, less athletic, slower Watauga team. The difference, heart and coaching! The fans are frustrated. Admin is frustrated.
What can we do to turn things in the right direction?

Wasn't the RB for Watauaga a little Quickester? All I have on Watauag so far is FFN and that's what I saw. You know a school has it going on when a coach can take little and make much. If that same coach was there for the pioneers in the 90s they'd been a force. Heck, a few of their RBs back then over that stretch were shaped, developed, and as fast as D1 level backs. No bull.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT