ADVERTISEMENT

Now that the pairings are "officially" posted...any thoughts?

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
There are some great first round match-ups in the first round.

Why put richmond in the charlotte bracket again? Why is a 1-10 team a #2 seed

Why put richmond in the charlotte bracket again? Why is a 1-10 team a #2 seed

Whether you go East or West is based on geographical location. They start at the coast and move West. The first 12 teams go East, the second 12 go West.

South Caldwell is in a 3A/4A split conference. They defeated the only other 4A team in their conference, so they get the conference's #1 4A seed. There are only two #1 conference seeds in the 4A West, so they get the second overall seed in that bracket.

Now Richmond matters... lol 2 months ago they were a joke and a 1 - 10 team doesn't belong in the playoffs... common sense and a gimme for who draws em...might as well bye. I'd be ashamed..lmao.. GO RAIDERS...

Doesn't seem right that Scotland at 9-1 has the number 1 seed ahead of two other teams with 11-0 records. Just saying.....

If those two teams would have played the Scots schedule they would have a loss or two. That has been the complaint fir years, teams with very weak schedules get rewarded. As a Richmond fan you should like this because the Raiders play tough opponents.

Why is a 1-10 team a #2 seed

It's always some garbage like this every year in the seeding in 4a and every year the seeding committee allows garbage crimes like this. There is always some official explanation to why it's like this but the fact is it's utterly and incredibly ridiculous that a team with one win on their resume is the 2 SEED over FAR more deserving teams, let alone even in the playoffs.

At some point we need to be able to use sense in the seeding process and say, look, ain't no way you guys getting a home playoff game over everybody else.

That #2 seed is in the 4A West, no bearings on Richmond. Richmond, regardless of placement, isn’t going to be a contender this year. They’ve overachieved this season, and the future looks bright.

I have voiced my frustration with the MEC and split conf in general. Having to deal with it, I do have some thoughts. I support SOS being part of the process. It does seem like we went from SOS having no bearing to SOS having way to much bearing. Being that the state creates the conf I feel that non conf SOS should carry more weight. There is nothing any school can do about conf foes. If we are going to put a primium on SOS and ranking then why not use it regardless of conf seed. For example Heritage has been ranked in the top 10 all year and their only loss is to one of the best teams in the state and they are seeded lower than Overhills and S. Central who are no where near as good.
I would love to use a computer to organize who gets into the playoffs but let's use local people to do seeding based on many things such as SOS and the eye test and conditions of play etc. I think we can use computers and common sense.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem right that Scotland at 9-1 has the number 1 seed ahead of two other teams with 11-0 records. Just saying.....
This is what I’ve tried to explain before. When you have computer ratings involved, you’ve got to lose the poll mentality. SOS went into this that makes it more imperative.

#3 seed Glenn has a nice path to the Finals in the 4-A West representing Forsyth Co.
Mt Tabor= Who’s a tough #1 seed along with... 11-0 #2 seed West Forsyth in 4AA. Throw in #2 seed North Davidson and the old 2016 CPC would have been wicked tough in 2017. What might have been??

The state has to make split conference teams earn their bid. I think you should have to finish in the top 4 of a conference to get the auto bid in a split.

West Forsyth a tough #2 seed? Dream on.

I don't think they'll win it all or anything, but they do have a pretty good defense. I don't really believe in their program either, but they should be a worthy opponent for any team.

so much crying from once a proud football community, this is what we wanted, some type of power rankings to help pick the right teams, we got it, most of what is not liked is the same things been harped about for years,
we got the best 48 in 4a (besides split conf issues) so time to strap it up and play ball.

so much crying from once a proud football community, this is what we wanted, some type of power rankings to help pick the right teams, we got it, most of what is not liked is the same things been harped about for years,
we got the best 48 in 4a (besides split conf issues) so time to strap it up and play ball.

Was thinking the same thing . 7-4 and are excited because they stayed within 30 pts of there rival school. Just gave up 69 points and now there pissed about going West. How bout beat someone?

Was thinking the same thing . 7-4 and are excited because they stayed within 30 pts of there rival school. Just gave up 69 points and now there pissed about going West. How bout beat someone?
Why don't you tell us who your school is. I promise we'll beat the hell out of them!

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
#3 seed Glenn has a nice path to the Finals in the 4-A West representing Forsyth Co.
Mt Tabor= Who’s a tough #1 seed along with... 11-0 #2 seed West Forsyth in 4AA. Throw in #2 seed North Davidson and the old 2016 CPC would have been wicked tough in 2017. What might have been??

4A West goes through Harding. Not easy at all.

Why don't you tell us who your school is. I promise we'll beat the hell out of them!

Lets just be brutally honest. It really doesnt matter who I pull for. Its been years since ypu guys have beat the hell out of anybody even half decent. Maybe that time is coming in years to come but its not happenning this year. You guys just gave up 69 points!!

So good luck with North Meck. Morman coming back to RC is a very cool story and they can play a little. Pulling for RC though as I think seeing the green and gold at The Creek for the first time ever would be very cool for the Creek program.

Blue and gold you are right Richmond’s not what they use to be but just yesterday #5 Oklahoma just gave up 55 pts with 4 and 5 star recruited players Ohio st gave up 55 pts with 4 and 5 star players and coaches , that make 6 and 7 figures Richmond probably don’t have a 3 star on the whole team. Again you are right Giving up that many points is nothing to be exited about but that just goes to show you IT happens to the best teams On any giving day. So don’t be so hard on my boys lol!! Yea the outcome may not be that good for Richmond but I would love to make the trip to the creek,,

I will be the very first to admit that I have given Richmond fans fits for years. Honestly it is now sad to read some of their comments. The fans of a once dominate Raider program has been reduced to hoping they can pull an upset and being happy playing at someone else's place for the first time. Sad I tell you!

Blue and gold you are right Richmond’s not what they use to be but just yesterday #5 Oklahoma just gave up 55 pts with 4 and 5 star recruited players Ohio st gave up 55 pts with 4 and 5 star players and coaches , that make 6 and 7 figures Richmond probably don’t have a 3 star on the whole team. Again you are right Giving up that many points is nothing to be exited about but that just goes to show you IT happens to the best teams On any giving day. So don’t be so hard on my boys lol!! Yea the outcome may not be that good for Richmond but I would love to make the trip to the creek,,

Not being hard on your boys. Being hard on your posters. Lotta games played Friday night. Only 2 teams gave up 60 points or more. All the handwringing over what kind of offense Richmond runs by its fanbase and I have been saying for years the problem is on the otherside of the ball. Zero physicality.

Some of your posters are delusional. Thats the only issue I have.

Raider fans can travel 20 minutes East to attend playoff football in week 3!

I actually was thinking our fan base has calmed down and come down to earth along with the team. I read some way to fight type posts, but rarely do I see many bragging or boasting anymore. I rarely posts, but I do speak the truth and just not seeing it the way some of you do as far as our fan base and what the posts used to be like.

I would say the problem is definitely D along with more horses on both sides of the line needed. I would think the coaches know that more than anyone and that's what counts...

I will be the very first to admit that I have given Richmond fans fits for years. Honestly it is now sad to read some of their comments. The fans of a once dominate Raider program has been reduced to hoping they can pull an upset and being happy playing at someone else's place for the first time. Sad I tell you!
Be careful... you guys won the Friday night and most Raider fans are pulling for you guys here out... there will be more football to come. No team wins forever...I believe it was you who said, "what goes around comes around...what goes up, must come down" enjoy your team this year and good luck. No need to get nasty. Raider football knows exactly where they stand right now... GO SCOTS.

I do recall the scots starters being on the field the last snap of the game....Dont recall ANYONE leaving before the final horn......While Im at it , U better tell coach b, to tell a certain player to quit throwing elbows when getting up after being tackled in front of the line judge and his coach......Also try to correct the 2 hand head slap in the endzone by your lineman, of which we got penalized... .......Those things should have led to big consequences but were overlooked.....Other than those two things , I thought it was a very clean game between two rivals..... Those two Could really hurt your team down the road with the right people watching.....Two things I will question, the pass interference call right before halftime, and dont get me started on the clock operator.....But to give the scots credit , we had no answer on defense.......We have got to start attacking and quit getting attacked.....We might need some adjustments on the ko team.........Congratulations to the scots on the win and the conference championship.......I'll be pulling for both teams in the playoffs.......Once a Raider Always a Raider....

Last edited:
If those two teams would have played the Scots schedule they would have a loss or two. That has been the complaint fir years, teams with very weak schedules get rewarded. As a Richmond fan you should like this because the Raiders play tough opponents.

Not complaining or otherwise...just trying understand the seeding methodology! So strength of schedule is a factor in the seeding determinations?

Go Raiders!

Not complaining or otherwise...just trying understand the seeding methodology! So strength of schedule is a factor in the seeding determinations?

Go Raiders!

The seedlings are done by a combination of conference finish and MaxPreps computerized power ranking system.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT