ADVERTISEMENT

South Columbus @ East Bladen

tcdevils86

Aug 29, 2011
EB 1-3; SC 2-1. EB walked away from W. Bladen 49-0 in week 2 while SC lost to the Knights 29-22 in game 1. SC is improving weekly while the Eagles have struggled against some tough competition. I think this one will be interesting. Historically, these two have had some classic match ups going down to the wire. I think this may be another nail biter. Thoughts?

Reactions: dirty stallion
EB 1-3; SC 2-1. EB walked away from W. Bladen 49-0 in week 2 while SC lost to the Knights 29-22 in game 1. SC is improving weekly while the Eagles have struggled against some tough competition. I think this one will be interesting. Historically, these two have had some classic match ups going down to the wire. I think this may be another nail biter. Thoughts?
I think East Bladen bounces back and wins this one by at least two scores

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
These two teams used to be mirrors of each other and always swapped wins each year it seemed …. Both have been on the down swing the last 3-4 years …. Just hoping for another classic battle like back in the day…

Go Stallions!

Dirty stallion this y I respond to these crazy post .SC is improving by beating home school talent.Come on this crazy.EB lost to teams that r talented .An u lost to team EB beat 49 0 .This game is not even close.EB 35 0

Dirty stallion this y I respond to these crazy post .SC is improving by beating home school talent.Come on this crazy.EB lost to teams that r talented .An u lost to team EB beat 49 0 .This game is not even close.EB 35 0
Wow, you figured this out all on your own?? I’ll bring you a cookie to the game 😂

If we wait till we are down 14-0 or 21-0 to start throwing the ball around and keeping the passing game honest dont look for a similar outcome as South Brunswick. I think east bladen can be scored on I just don't know how well we will be able to stop their backs. 42-28 EB. Hope i'm wrong but either way our guys need the good competition, games like last week aren't good for anyone.

Best off just to ignore this guy, hes clearly a troll seeking attention. Probably a cowboy fan too.
Just giving honest opinion.I think u have a troll mentality.believe in talent Thaz not there this yr.Just embrace mediocre talent in this team.I promise to keep my opinion to myself.

Just giving honest opinion.I think u have a troll mentality.believe in talent Thaz not there this yr.Just embrace mediocre talent in this team.I promise to keep my opinion to myself.
I like having your opinion but I don’t like the way you act like we got no football knowledge. It’s pretty much common knowledge to know that if a team beats a team we lost to by 49 points, it could be a uphill battle to get the win. But SC posters ain’t gonna get on here and scream to the world that we have zero chance of winning, so kinda read between the lines a little bit and that may help. You obviously have lots of knowledge about our local teams and you’re correct on most of your predictions from what I remember. Just know though that games in Columbus county are played on the field and not on paper so there’s always a chance to get that W. Hope your prediction is off this week 🤞 But keep’em comin 😁

Reactions: Core31
Does East predominately run the ball as usual? Seems many teams are throwing the ball a lot more than in the past. I hope not so South defense can focus on those two backs they have.

If EB can't control Blackwell, they will lose. He throws the ball really well to some good receiver's plus he runs good to. The O line does a good job in protection. EB will load the box giving him some good throws. IMO.

If EB can't control Blackwell, they will lose. He throws the ball really well to some good receiver's plus he runs good to. The O line does a good job in protection. EB will load the box giving him some good throws. IMO.
Blackwell isn’t playing qb… he’s now playing RB…

South Columbus most successful offensive seems like it could be a backyard style football where you send receivers and let the qb make something happen… similar to what Burlington Cummings used to do….

Just my thought … spread em out and spread it around…

South stalled their first drive after going all the way down the field …. Then fumbled while moving the ball later in the 2nd quarter… that’s been the difference.

Whole half to make it right. Glad to see they came to play, hope it continues into the second half.

No energy…. Came out flat … stallions laying a egg in the second half so far East pouring it on

26-7 eagles

Reactions: User20.014
No clue… I will say #11 that’s playing qb can throw the piss out the ball…

Just you, me or him knows where it’s going ….

This game should be a lot closer than the score…. This experiment has been a failure to say the least…

No clue… I will say #11 that’s playing qb can throw the piss out the ball…

Just you, me or him knows where it’s going ….

This game should be a lot closer than the score…. This experiment has been a failure to say the least…
Why do you even try this though core? A chance to build momentum and grow what confidence you built in the passing game at south Brunswick instead we go to quarterback by committee. THIS is the kinda things that get coaches sent down the road.

Reactions: Core31
Why do you even try this though core? A chance to build momentum and grow what confidence you built in the passing game at south Brunswick instead we go to quarterback by committee. THIS is the kinda things that get coaches sent down the road.
No more blaming the players…. This team has enough talent not to have lost to west Bladen and they have enough to had played with or even beat east Bladen …. We don’t have a ton of speed but we got enough to complete better than this….

110% on the coaches…. I hate to be that guy…. But it’s time for a change

I think the other kid that is playing QB just got back on the team.
Just heard the same thing, hate to be that guy too but it is absolutely time for a change at the top. This is ridiculous, I bout fell slam out the chair when I heard he just got on the team. I’m floored.

You’ve got a kid that throws for nearly 400 yards and brings you all the way back to win a game and has been practicing all year long at quarterback and you give the reins to a guy that just decided he wanted to come back??? Boy oh boy….

• Wow
Reactions: Strick68
What is the situation with the new qb not being with the team?

Hurt? Suspended?

You don't play travel baseball during football season. That is a no no in Whiteville and probably every other school. He needs to make up his mind what he wants to do. Look at all the practice he has missed. Not fair to the other players at all.

I like to see all the county teams do good. Looks like 2014 man knows what he talking about.
I say Yes-No-Maybe. Yes, his prediction was good but if you’d have twisted all SC posters arms we‘d probably have predicted about the same score. No, that prediction very well “ could have” been off pretty bad considering the Stallions were on the 5 yard line twice with a first down and didn’t score while the game was still fairly close. Maybe, if South had stuck with the same lineup, particularly the qb, that played so well in the 2nd half of the South Brunswick game South may have scored more last night. I say that because we threw a lot of passes last night and many looked like they were thrown up for grabs. New qb has an incredible arm but just hasn’t had enough time with the receivers at practice to get the timing down and was pressured hard last night, so I’m not knocking him. Love to see Rush throwing the pass and the new qb catching them, he is very fast!! I just feel Rush needs to touch the ball more than last night. Go Stallions!!

Last edited:
I say Yes-No-Maybe. Yes, his prediction was good but if you’d have twisted all SC posters arms we‘d probably have predicted about the same score. No, that prediction very well “ could have” been off pretty bad considering the Stallions were on the 5 yard line twice with a first down and didn’t score while the game was still fairly close. Maybe, if South had stuck with the same lineup, particularly the qb, that played so well in the 2nd half of the South Brunswick game South may have scored more last night. I say that because we threw a lot of passes last night and many looked like they were thrown up for grabs. New qb has an incredible arm but just hasn’t had enough time with the receivers at practice to get the timing down and was pressured hard last night, so I’m not knocking him. Love to see Rush throwing the pass and the new qb catching them, he is very fast!! I just feel Rush needs to touch the ball more than last night. Go Stallions!!
Not only that … he’s going for the home run every pass instead of taking what the defense gave em…

Not to mention we called the same pass played probably 7 times and it was almost intercepted maybe 4 of those times and was intercepted once…. The #11 has a really strong arm but no touch on the ball and it seems like his mind is made up where the ball is going before the snap instead of actually going through his reads…

East Bladen was not 25 points better than us talent wise last night … and I’m personally tired of hearing the talent isn’t there… cause it is…. not a super stacked team but good enough to have won last night and against west bladen

Reactions: dirty stallion
Most of sc posters hate the truth. I knew this waz coming.One poster wants dove gone .another wants the QB back because he threw for400 yards .Not true passer.One thing I realize any coach that comes to Sc .U got to deal with the experts from the stands .Good luck future coach.

Most of sc posters hate the truth. I knew this waz coming.One poster wants dove gone .another wants the QB back because he threw for400 yards .Not true passer.One thing I realize any coach that comes to Sc .U got to deal with the experts from the stands .Good luck future coach.
I've sat back and listened to about enough of your ignorant blabbering. Do everyone a favor and stay off South Columbus boards, cause nothing you have to say has any valuable input and you're very clearly not familiar with South Columbus or Tabor City Football. And its mighty RICH seeing a Whiteville poster like this post talking about people in the community being rough on the head football coach with as many as yall have run off over the years.

I've sat back and listened to about enough of your ignorant blabbering. Do everyone a favor and stay off South Columbus boards, cause nothing you have to say has any valuable input and you're very clearly not familiar with South Columbus or Tabor City Football. And it’s mighty RICH seeing a Whiteville poster like this post talking about people in the community being rough on the head football coach with as many as yall have run off over the years.I
Itz your people complaining about dove an his coaching style.I am the bad guy.The problem is the team is mediocre a not in the conversation of a power house anymore.i am familiar with sc .thaz y i posted because of negativity against the coaches.at sc .U clearly have no idea how to coach a team.Good night

Itz your people complaining about dove an his coaching style.I am the bad guy.The problem is the team is mediocre a not in the conversation of a power house anymore.i am familiar with sc .thaz y i posted because of negativity against the coaches.at sc .U clearly have no idea how to coach a team.Good night
Wrong, we love Coach Dove. He knows a lot more than we do but isn’t this board for discussing the teams and game situations? On to Pender, Go Stallions!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT