ADVERTISEMENT

West Columbus vs West Bladen

Eastcoastman1957

Aug 1, 2018
Vikings ran over two very week teams the first 2 weeks. Now the schedule starts getting heavy. Vikings do have athletes that should beat WB. Any thoughts on this game?

I seen the tape for West Columbus VS Sandhills.....Those poor kids didnt even have matching uniforms or helmets...they looked like a middle school squad. I thought West was gonna be really strong this year just from word of mouth and the scores of the first two games but you can totally throw those scores out the window. Its hard to judge a team playing competition like that and its only hurting them when they run into some decent teams. I wouldnt be surprised if West Columbus went into this one looking ahead and West Bladen surprised them.

28-27 WC.

I've never seen 2 weeker teams than Union and Sandhills. Kids were pitifully. WC didn't do themselves any favor playing them. You can't judge or rate your players like this. When you play better teams and coaches it will show up. They used to play Lake View,Anymore that will give coaches a good measuring stick. Win or lose. Sandhills forfeit to WC last year.

There are something’s that people don’t know sometimes. Sandhills was a last minute replacement. The WC coach and the coach for Northampton had a deal for Northampton to come down here, then we go there next year for a rematch of the third round of the 1A playoffs from last season. The AD for Northampton ended up saying it was too far for travel, which happens sometimes with the smaller schools. By the time, this game fell out, Sandhills was the only one we could get for a week 2 game. Coach Williamson also replaced North Moore with St Paul’s, that should be a good text next week. Also, coach did get us a scrimmage against 2A power Clinton at their jamboree. WC competed very well against Clinton. Coach Williamson has done a great job getting the program turned around, some people still don’t see it, but that’s a story for another day. Hopefully, we will have a good game against West Bladen and just take it one game at a time. I wish all the Columbus County schools well this year. Great comeback from South last week. Hopefully Whiteville is healthy this week and I hope East can do some good things too.

Reactions: sbbbfan
There are something’s that people don’t know sometimes. Sandhills was a last minute replacement. The WC coach and the coach for Northampton had a deal for Northampton to come down here, then we go there next year for a rematch of the third round of the 1A playoffs from last season. The AD for Northampton ended up saying it was too far for travel, which happens sometimes with the smaller schools. By the time, this game fell out, Sandhills was the only one we could get for a week 2 game. Coach Williamson also replaced North Moore with St Paul’s, that should be a good text next week. Also, coach did get us a scrimmage against 2A power Clinton at their jamboree. WC competed very well against Clinton. Coach Williamson has done a great job getting the program turned around, some people still don’t see it, but that’s a story for another day. Hopefully, we will have a good game against West Bladen and just take it one game at a time. I wish all the Columbus County schools well this year. Great comeback from South last week. Hopefully Whiteville is healthy this week and I hope East can do some good things too.
I think you took my post as an insult in some way to West Columbus, wasn't my intention in anyways just talking about the strength of schedule and how it can hurt you in the long run. You can only play the teams in front of you, nobody disagrees with that. Williamson definitely has west playing better football than in years past and has the kids buying in, I agree with that 100%.

Reactions: axelberg7
It’s all good, no offense taken at all.. I had heard just a little rumbling that coach didn’t try to schedule anyone tough this year and just wanted folks to know he tried. Hoping we can still play tomorrow night. I understand coach is still waiting on a final word. Heard some roads are still flooded in our county. Hope everyone is safe and good luck to you all tomorrow night against Loris.

Reactions: SCHS2011
I think you took my post as an insult in some way to West Columbus, wasn't my intention in anyways just talking about the strength of schedule and how it can hurt you in the long run. You can only play the teams in front of you, nobody disagrees with that. Williamson definitely has west playing better football than in years past and has the kids buying in, I agree with that 100%.
If we say anything about WC they take it as an insult 2011. Truth is the truth. Nobody said a word about coach. Let me just say this GOOD LUCK. YOU SHOULD BEAT WB by 30 pts. Friday.

Reactions: sbbbfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT