Hertford CountyKeveon Rodgers11742321355
NortheasternTyselle Spencer11421631460
Hertford CountyTy'quan Totten11391041561
HolmesDivon Ward90518636-
NortheasternShamar Sutton7919750-
HolmesKy Basnight6799858-
Camden CountyMalachi Wilson64810965-
Camden CountyJaden Clark63781167-
Look at Keveon Rodgers the Hertford County qb’s rushing yards 1,174 🤩. He’s leading the conference and he’s a qb. Northeastern junior rb Spencer coming in hard his self with very impressive numbers, especially considering he’s a NE kid. I love the fact that we have a very good running attack to go along with the threat of Melson burning opponents through the air. I think it’s going to bode well for us in the playoffs. I’m pulling hard for all our conference teams. I believe three of our four will advance easily. I just don’t see Camden County being able to hang with JK but I guess anything’s possible when dealing with young kids. I wish I could see all our conference games Friday night but I’ll be attending the NE game. Outside of our conference I’m pulling for Clinton and Maiden. I think Clinton has what it takes to reach the final if they can just get a little better play from Blackwell. Maiden is my adopted team in the west and I want so bad for them to make a run.

I see the bait being laid but I’m just not taking it. For people to think that NE and HC are frauds is just ludicrous. It’s actually sad tbh. Nobody outside of wrh in the 2a east has beaten Northeastern in recent years. Hertford County beat a good Tarboro team and was neck and neck with NE heading into the fourth quarter before two costly turnovers cost them the game. They went into a packed stadium at Holmes last week and came out with a win. Keveon Rodgers ran for over 300 yards and passed for over 200 against a good Holmes defense. He’s one of the best qb’s in the state and they have another very good player in Israel Powell who’s putting up impressive numbers. Week two can’t get here fast enough
Its not bait. HC is for real. We expect to see them next week. Our defense has carried us this year until we made some changes with our offense. Do you think Hertford is better than Havelock? Havelock scored 30 points on us early in or non conference play. We are playing much much better now as a team. I don't regard the New Bern game as much as they put 50 on us but we had 5 or 6 starters out against them. We still would not beat New Bern this year. They are loaded and very good but when you have 20 something kid's in your rotation to play and lose 5 or 6 of the best then its going to be a long night. But Havelock scored 30 on us with a nearly full roster. I think we had one out if I remember right. So do you think Hertford is going to score large numbers? I don't. I think our defense can keep it to 30 or less. Do you think HC can hold us under 30? I've been seeing each week that a lot of teams have scored a lot on Hertford they couldn't out score them. I'd post their scores but right now I can't get their maxpreps page to load. Our defense was our strength last year until we played Wallace . They were the only team all year that pushed us back on the line of scrimmage.

Non football related but two local girls programs are heading to Raleigh Saturday to play for state championships.1a Perquimans is undefeated on the season and 2a Camden County has two losses on the season with both coming from 1a Perquimans. Now let’s see if we can get our NE Eagles 🦅 football team back in the state championship again.
Congrats! Maybe I misunderstood but what programs are these?

Not many in attendance and it’s a perfect night for football. Sad thing is we can’t even go to a high school fb game here without some kind of political bs being pushed. People should keep politics out of sports period.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT