ADVERTISEMENT

North Rowan at The Big Oaks

BK13T-$

Jul 23, 2009
Should be a good one.

Is this the first meeting between the two?

Dem Mtn boys will bring this one home. Not sold on NR..they should have competed better against Thomasville earlier this year..Robbinsville by 10 at home.

Next week's game in Ramseur will be much better imo.
Not sure who you think will be in Ramseur next week ? Remember other than the QB Robbinsville is very young and anything can happen.. Not much talk on here about North Rowan, feel like we’re getting ready to get ambushed on our own field. Speak up N.Rowan fans !!! I known somebody out there has something to share with us .

What kind of offense does North Rowan have?
Spread offense. QB and TB are both young and fast. WR I think #4 is tall and athletic in space. NR is not as good as they have been and didn't compete with Thomasville at all. It was a blowout the whole game. Robbinsville will pound the NR line (they have little depth) and play lots of kids both ways.

I'm sure they have more depth than us and play less kids both ways than us.

Robbinsville has only allowed one team to rush for 100 yards I think, and that was Cherokee. Cherokee had about 70yds rushing on our backups on the last scoring drive. Before that they only had about 60 yrs rushing. I don't see a RB beating us but a mobile QB could break a few on us. Cherokee QB is about as mobile as they come but Robbinsville was all over him all knight. I was starting to feel sorry for him.

Honestly I have always wondered why NR has not won state titles in football. They always have the kids and tools to be a top notch team. Just seem to fall short about round 2-3 in football. Basketball and Track are always good programs and those kids play football as well. A few of their best guys are over at Salisbury right now playing so they are a bit young. They compete and are a winning program. They can quick strike score but depth on the O/D line and lack of physical play at LB will be the issue against Robbinsville.

Reactions: BK13T-$
They have been 2a right?
I'm sure they are only 1a because of kids getting free lunch

• Haha
Reactions: Mbulld
They have been 2a right?
In and out of 1A/2A. They are like lots of small town "city schools", losing enrollment to the county schools. I think they have between 500-600 kids max.

In and out of 1A/2A. They are like lots of small town "city schools", losing enrollment to the county schools. I think they have between 500-600 kids max.

2 years ago there were talks about closing N. R..

They have been 2a right?
They've been right on the line for years. Murphy lost to them in basketball regionals about 10 years ago, then they went 2A 2013-17, then back to 1A. Hayesville played them pretty deep in the hoops playoffs when McTaggart and Ashe were freshmen.

Wouldn't Salisbury be the city school and North Rowan the county school?

Reactions: BK13T-$
I'm not sure of their stats but Robbinsville has a few key players NR will have to stop.

Sophmore Adams RB 1,608 yards 21 tds while injured and out for almost 2 whole games.

Sophomore RB Williams 799 yds 12 tds.

Senior Gross QB 955yds passing 6tds 6 pints. Most ints were early in year.

Senior kicker Cline can make 50 yards.

Reactions: Swain97
They've been right on the line for years. Murphy lost to them in basketball regionals about 10 years ago, then they went 2A 2013-17, then back to 1A. Hayesville played them pretty deep in the hoops playoffs when McTaggart and Ashe were freshmen.

Wouldn't Salisbury be the city school and North Rowan the county school?

Yes, that is correct. Their both in the same school district, Salisbury is in the city and North Rowan is in the county.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
I'm not sure of their stats but Robbinsville has a few key players NR will have to stop.

Sophmore Adams RB 1,608 yards 21 tds while injured and out for almost 2 whole games.

Sophomore RB Williams 799 yds 12 tds.

Senior Gross QB 955yds passing 6tds 6 pints. Most ints were early in year.

Senior kicker Cline can make 50 yards.
Not bad considering they had the highest strength of schedule in 1a. What’s their defensive stats this year? How are they comparing to the backs from Andrews?

I saw North Rowan last week. I was very impressed with the QB. Rushed for over 200 yards in the second half alone. RB was really good too. QB had a strong arm. Saw a little of the Robbinsville-Cherokee game online, Robbinsville looked better in every facet of the game. This is the old-fashioned power against speed game. NR has a lot of speed, Robbinsville has a lot of power. I think Robbinsville will pull away in the second half though. Somewhere between the 17-22 point range.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT