ADVERTISEMENT

North Davidson vs Hickory

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
I don't know much about Hickory to be honest. I do know they have a good history and titles including being an old WNCHSAA power.

Should be a good game. Second round is gonna be interesting from now on.

Seems like both teams can put points on the board looking at the schedules. I expect an entertaining game. The Knights have been on fire since that beating at Asheville. Frankly they probably got tired of people talking about it... But anything for motivation, right?

Hickory should have a good trip if they bring a crowd. The away side is not huge but it is enough and the parking is good entering, just difficult leaving if you don't know the good spots lol.

Seems like both teams can put points on the board looking at the schedules. I expect an entertaining game. The Knights have been on fire since that beating at Asheville. Frankly they probably got tired of people talking about it... But anything for motivation, right?

Hickory should have a good trip if they bring a crowd. The away side is not huge but it is enough and the parking is good entering, just difficult leaving if you don't know the good spots lol.
My favorite place to park is in the school parking lot on Critcher Dr. Not many people think to use that second gate back there by the greenhouse. It makes for a much easier exit. Way less traffic.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
My favorite place to park is in the school parking lot on Critcher Dr. Not many people think to use that second gate back there by the greenhouse. It makes for a much easier exit. Way less traffic.
Mine is a few. Same as yours, I don't mind a little walk so the atrium warehouse or whatever it is now, and same but the backside next to craver rd if a big crowd lol

The last 7 minutes of this football game was one of the best I've ever seen in high school football. North Davidson lead 19-0 with around 7 minutes to go and it looked like it was just a formality at that point. No way did anybody in that stadium, on both sides, expect to see what was about to come. Hickory finally punched in a TD after being denied for 3 1/2 quarters, to make it 19-6 with around 7 minutes left. Everybody in the stadium, except for the North Davidson coaching staff apparently, knew an onside kick was coming and of course Hickory gets the ball. A few plays later the Tornadoes punch it in again to make it 19-12. Once again the onside kick is recovered by Hickory. It took about two or three plays and Hickory scores again and gets the two point conversion to take a 20-19 lead. With about 3 minutes left North starts to drive the ball and eventually scores with 1:09 left in the game to make it 25-20. ND kicks off and only has to play defense for a minute. Hell, they couldn't even play defense for about 17 seconds as Hickory throws a short pass up the middle that the WR takes all the way to the house for a 28-25 Tornado lead! Now with about 45 seconds left in the game the Knights again start driving. Twice North had a WIDE OPEN wide receiver who dropped the football that would have been TD's. With 4.8 seconds left in the game North scores the game winning TD and puts a wrap on one of the best 4th quarters you could ever witness in a football game! FINAL ND 31 - Hickory 28

Great job to Hickory for NEVER giving up and great job Black Knights for not hanging your head and quitting when it looked bleak with 45 seconds left! Just a GREAT game to witness in person.

Last edited:
Sounds like Coach Glass will be okay next year if he can find a Defensive coordinator. That’s awful defense , I bet the Red Storm fans were disappointed in that pass defense.
The Red Tornado Nation is very proud of our kids and pass defense. ND gave up more passing yards and touchdowns than our kids did. Both teams were worn out during the last 3 minutes of action that seemed to take 30 minutes of real time to play. Congratulations to ND and our kids. By the way, Coach Glass is the DC!

Coach Glass sure can coach with the best of them. Wonder how long he will be at Hickory before he takes on the bigger salary of South Carolina.

Reactions: LHSfaninVA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT