ADVERTISEMENT

North Davidson VS Charlotte Catholic

Not taking anything front Catholic....however if you look at the replay...huddle or whatever it clearly shows he was not over the line on scimmage. We would have gone up after that TD. Major game changer

I was square on 50 during that play. Looked to me to be over line, but I was at an angle so I didnt have the best look at it.
Either way ND fought and fought hard. Nothin but respect from all CC fans. Yall filled up our visitor section and it's honestly been awhile since that happened.
Chin up Black Knights you have a lot to be proud of

On the replay he was clearly not over the line of scimmage but can't change it now. Just know it was a Hugh game changer

Never said it wasn't, just said he looked over line to me, but also said I was at an angle so my view point wasn't the best.
I certainly think it would've been a more interesting game had that penalty not been called.

Point is..if u make mistakes vs Catholic..U WILL LOSE. Those kids r too discipline, and their scheme is too good to keep giving them the ball. If u happen to make a big play or cause a turnover..u have to make them play and turn them into a passing team. With all that front 7 talent on defense they are kind of limited if they have to play from behind on offense

Nothing but respect for the CC players (fans too). Great game, venue, stadium, etc, but others are right about "that call" as it was clearly not a penalty. I don't know that it changes the outcome, but it changes the game. It's hard to come up on the losing end of a penalty like that. Last statement about the man who threw that flag as I don't know you nor will I insult your mother, but....YOU GOT TO MAKE SURE ON THAT ONE, CAN'T MAKE THAT CALL UNLESS YOU ARE POSITIVE AND YOU WERE OBVIOUSLY (ON REPLAY) WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: gotboys
I think the ND people are looking at the chains and not the down box. ND was in a 3rd and 12 or13, if you watch the tape the qb is clearly past the down box but right at/even with the first chain marker. So the call was correct.

I think the ND people are looking at the chains and not the down box. ND was in a 3rd and 12 or13, if you watch the tape the qb is clearly past the down box but right at/even with the first chain marker. So the call was correct.

I just went back and looked AGAIN, the Line of scrimmage was the 25, QB plants at the 24, releases ball before crossing the 25. Momentum carries him over the 25 after release but that is irrelevant. I am not arguing the outcome or that it would have changed the outcome, but if you are going to refute statements, get the facts straight. It was not the right call. End of story.

Reactions: gotboys
Just watched it on HUDL, as he threw the ball it looked like his momentum was carrying him past LOS, but not sure he was passed it at time of the throw. After he threw it he was, I think he was on the line when he threw it, but at least from what I saw not passed it.
Now in real time it kind of looks like he is going beyond the line so I can understand the call being made, and not made.

Meh, one call does not determine a football game, I've watched this sport long enough to know. What if our defense had just held CC to 14 points? Would the game be so dependent on one blown call? Had North been the better team they would have won. They were not and did not.

CC your full of class, like you guys a lot! North kids can hold their head high for a great year.

Meh, one call does not determine a football game, I've watched this sport long enough to know. What if our defense had just held CC to 14 points? Would the game be so dependent on one blown call? Had North been the better team they would have won. They were not and did not.

CC your full of class, like you guys a lot! North kids can hold their head high for a great year.
At Catholic acting with class if not a rule, it is a standard and expectation. Hopefully everyone at ND had a good time at the game.
North Davidson will be a force to be reckoned with in 2A that is sure.

CC14......best of luck to you guys. You like many I met last night from your school are a class act! Happy Holidays!

Not taking anything front Catholic....however if you look at the replay...huddle or whatever it clearly shows he was not over the line on scimmage. We would have gone up after that TD. Major game changer
MAJOR INDEED!!! From taking the lead to punting from 10 yd line and giving CC short field. Congrats to CC as 14 said the front seven was certainly special. Pretty even though IMO if these teams played 10 times could be 5-5!

Last edited:
D

Dude if you weren't even at the game to see what transpired just save your comments to when you actually attend a game!

I'm not going to argue with fellow fans. The outcome was the outcome and it isn't going to change, especially if we are suddenly going to act like jerks to one another. Let's not.

I'm not going to argue with fellow fans. The outcome was the outcome and it isn't going to change, especially if we are suddenly going to act like jerks to one another. Let's not.
Not being a jerk just pointing out the obvious. Someone who attended the game made a comment about officials and you blew them off even though you told us you weren't at the game. I haven't seen a North fan disrespect CC in any way but the officials were horrible and looked quite confused at times. 3 times marked off penalties the incorrect distance. Once when kick sailed into the end zone they marked the ball on the 25 yard line. Very inconsistent on their interference/defensive holding calls. Also I saw numerous obvious holding calls by O-line that went uncalled. The fan you blew off probably saw all of this too because he was at the game. If that makes me a jerk so be it.

I don't think bknights is being a jerk at all. He is obviously upset over what appears to be a bad call. I'd be upset too if Catholic had lost and the exact same thing had happened to the Cougars.
Refs were not the best that is for sure, I remember on a punt return our returner went out at the 46, and they put it at the 49. I was standing there like...did I miss something?

It was a great game, just not great officiating. Probably the last time I bring that up.....

It wasn't too long ago that ND could not have even dreamed of going to Catholic for a football game unless it was to watch someone else play. Great game, couple of plays changed the outcome (not a reference to officials) but otherwise a fairly even game. Now, here we are feeling like we let one slip away. Hope this motivates the returning ND players to live in the weight room this next year, attend position and mini camps and work on their skill set(s). Yes, we have to replace a RB, 2 WRs and some strong offensive and defensive line players, but there is quite a bit of talent coming back and coming up next year. I will go on record as stating I think we can be even better next year. Offense should be scary good, capable of at least getting a FG if we make it to the 40 yard line next year on those times we don't get a TD. Too far off to predict if D will be better next year, but its possible. Props to the coaches for getting us to this point!

BKnights77.......5-5.......NOPE! The reason I say nope is that CC has far more experience in playoffs than you guys. They have winning tradition that only few can dream of. They won state titles in 2A and 3A ball and went to state final in 4A last year. On other hand, ND has not been to state final?? ND is a solid program but not like CC. I am sure that was a great game.

I don't think bknights is being a jerk at all. He is obviously upset over what appears to be a bad call. I'd be upset too if Catholic had lost and the exact same thing had happened to the Cougars.
Refs were not the best that is for sure, I remember on a punt return our returner went out at the 46, and they put it at the 49. I was standing there like...did I miss something?
CC14 I really wanted to catch up with you on Friday but a bad accident in front of us on 485 caused the last 4 miles to take forever. Arrived right before kickoff . I kept your number so if I come on Friday may try to catch up with you. Dudley is only 5 minutes from where I work. BTW if they are frying fish it is pretty dang good.

I may invite myself to this little party you 2 are having....Fish, Texas Pete, Football Regional final....hard to beat that. I want a certain son of mine to see what this round of football looks like in the event ND is still playing in December next year. Sometimes it's the little things that allow you to stay alive!!

Let me know of you guys show up! Bknights has my number. Kicked Off ill post mine on here later in the week incase anyone wants updates

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT