ADVERTISEMENT

New ADM numbers

Conferences are going to be a confusing mess. I agree you will probably see 3-class split conferences. Would have been simpler to leave it as is, and then just sub-divide like we used to do in football.
Another option is 8 classes...then have split classes only as follows: 1a/2a, 3a/4a, 5a/6a, and 7a/8a. So it's a hybrid of what we use to have and what we'll get

Forest Hills defeated the charter school Community School of Davidson tonight and looking at their numbers I can't see why they're 2A. They only have 559 students while FH has 922.
remember in the last realignment, ADM was only 50% of the formula......25% was based on your Wells Fargo Cup score, so if you were deep in the playoffs in a lot of sports, it was likely you would move up a class......and it seems like CSD is really good in many sports every year.....and 25% was based on ISP (Identified Student Percentage or something like that)....the percentage of students at a school qualifying for free or reduced lunch, and at most charter schools I believe that number is usually 0% or close to it.....making it more likely for CSD to move up a class.....CSD & Pine Lake Prep are the two 2A charter schools that I know of with football (I might be forgetting someone)....LNC used to be 2A but they moved up to 3A this cycle with the Wells Fargo Cup score and free/reduced lunch ISP

Anyone listening to anything highschoolot says is crazy. How many time they going be wrong and folks still listen.

I'll rephrase...right or wrong the numbers off the nchsaa site are what will be used

Lol
😂. That's wasn't what you and highschoolot used last year so ....
Remember me telling you your numbers were wrong and they were. JS.

Why would nchssa vote to increase classes from four and some of you think we are going use 3 or 4 then split. Nchsaa could've done that without the vote.

Why would nchssa vote to increase classes from four and some of you think we are going use 3 or 4 then split. Nchsaa could've done that without the vote.
NCHSAA has nothing to do with classes now, that's decided by the state representatives.

I would rather see only 3 classes for realignment into conferences, NO SPLIT CONFERENCES, then subdivide the three classes into 6 divisions for playoffs (maybe even 7 with the charter/statewide having their own bracket)
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Reactions: beamer24
I believe we're all saying the same thing but in a different language...you just have to adjust the angle you're looking at it with

I view classes as "playoff classes", not some conference guideline.

If they say we'll have 8 classes, I say...great, 8 playoff pools. With ADMs ranging from 100 to 3000+, that seems about fair. Conferences can split however, it really doesn't matter bc of how RPI works, it equalizes everyone on the same scale.

You can say no split...but you'll be traveling a metric crap ton if you're a fringe team geographically. Say 1a/2a, 3a/4a, 5a/6a, 7a/8a...great, better and is basically old 4A with split playoffs, no problem there. Say 1a/2a/3a, 4a/5a/6a, 7a/8a...even better probably...lots of room to make travel friendly Conferences.

Hell I dabbled in Regions! 100 counties in NC, 5 counties per region, makes 20 regions...make a few Conferences and go.

It's a blank canvas with no real speed humps other than grouchy old men.

Actually not exactly true. The state legislature did not abolish the NCHSAA. They gave most of its power to the Superintendent of Public Instruction. So, it would be up to that person what the NCHSAA is or is not allowed to do.

Actually not exactly true. The state legislature did not abolish the NCHSAA. They gave most of its power to the Superintendent of Public Instruction. So, it would be up to that person what the NCHSAA is or is not allowed to do.
As opposed to the member schools actually making those decisions. The all knowing, all powerful legislature and an elected official, who may or may not know anything about high school athletics.

If thats addressed to me, I didn't say abolished, i was meaning by the laws they were trying to push through and still can do. Did they scrap the legislature bill that gave them control over the number of classifications?

I'm fine with more classifications. But the nchsaa was a complete oligarchy with no safety guards against complete power
Oligarchy is a great description of the North Carolina legislature. Two or three in each chamber herding the sheep together for a vote for whatever the leaders want. The process is archaic and demeaning to the rest of the caucus. Politics is full of egos. But somehow they bow to the folks at the top, hoping someday to be one of them. And to tap into the party warchest to maintain their tenure for as long as they choose.

Oligarchy is a great description of the North Carolina legislature. Two or three in each chamber herding the sheep together for a vote for whatever the leaders want. The process is archaic and demeaning to the rest of the caucus. Politics is full of egos. But somehow they bow to the folks at the top, hoping someday to be one of them. And to tap into the party warchest to maintain their tenure for as long as they choose.
They are elected by the people. So at least the people had a say in the decisions. Can't say that about the nchsaa

Reactions: BK13T-$
They are elected by the people. So at least the people had a say in the decisions. Can't say that about the nchsaa
The decisions made by the NCHSAA are subject to the oversight of the member schools. But just like in the electorate, too many choose to opt out.
Eventually, the largest group of registered voters in NC (unaffiliated) will change the dynamic of two party domination of decisions “by the people”. They will demand to have a way for unaffiliated candidates to be on the ballot without the onerous requirements that now exist. In too many jurisdictions, the primary is all that matters. That’s a result of extreme gerrymandering that nauseates a great many in North Carolina.
And yes, the Democrats did it too. But the “majority party” has perfected the art form.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT