ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps Player of the Week 4 - Caleb Hood

I seen this b4, let's hope they have a defense to back him up.
704 this is the best defense that have had in a while but watching them last week it is not a defense that is going shut quality teams down that they have to beat for championships. I see them giving up 21 to 28 points if they play any of the top teams in the state. They are much bigger in years past but i was way more impressed with the offense than the defense. Cardinal Gibbons moved the ball throughout the game but they just didn't have enough playmakers. RC will be a tough out though as long as #5 is clicking. He stirs the drink!

704 this is the best defense that have had in a while but watching them last week it is not a defense that is going shut quality teams down that they have to beat for championships. I see them giving up 21 to 28 points if they play any of the top teams in the state. They are much bigger in years past but i was way more impressed with the offense than the defense. Cardinal Gibbons moved the ball throughout the game but they just didn't have enough playmakers. RC will be a tough out though as long as #5 is clicking. He stirs the drink!
I know hes good and so is RC. Reason why I said this is because this reminds me of our 2016 vance team with Kingsley ifedi that averaged 50pts a game and made it to the regional final. Dude was a beast but our defense was our demise. We did the same during the season giving up 20 and 30pts. Didnt matter because we had 50 to 60 points but quickly came back to haunt us in the playoffs with the embarrassing loss to page. Cool to score the points but u need defense for those games where u need them 2 make that stop or slow other teams down.

1. We have great WR's and very good RB's. With Hood if you over pursue he is going to take off. If you sit back he is going to pick you apart. 7 different WR's caught balls last week. Our defense is good but not great. I believe they are good enough to keep it close with anyone in the state.

I lay pretty low with comments. but Caleb isn't throwing the ball to himself. Credit to the receivers for bringing it in and YAC. O line plays a part too.

I have been waiting for years now for Defense and line play to step up with some talent and execution. Long time coming there. I agree with above the Defense is a must have. I will leave it with we have some potential here this year. Much better, with some work to be done.

Special teams have been great and don't get enough recognition at times.

Otherwise, let's see some more football. We deserve a top 5 ranking that we get and I don't think the order there matters at this point.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Another D1 offer from NC State. Great job QB1!!!! Will Clemson jump on this weekend?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT