ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps.com/HS Media Public Hoops Polls - 1/10

I looked at their record (7-5) who they played & while they did lose to some quality teams, it's kinda hard to put them in a poll while other 1A's are having good years and better records at this time....MA has a good boys team with 8-4 record and loses have been to good teams...would love to put them in, but theres other teams right now with better records....I wouldn't worry too much about it right now; it's a long season

I looked at their record (7-5) who they played & while they did lose to some quality teams, it's kinda hard to put them in a poll while other 1A's are having good years and better records at this time....MA has a good boys team with 8-4 record and loses have been to good teams...would love to put them in, but theres other teams right now with better records....I wouldn't worry too much about it right now; it's a long season
True, but take into account who teams have played. Just look at the 4A poll - West Forsyth and Mt. Tabor aren't even ranked in top 10 (both honorable mention), yet they are ranked 1st (WF) and 5th (MT) in the Maxpreps rankings, which factor in strength of schedule. In 1A a team like MA is ranked 3rd in Maxpreps while Lincoln Charter (ranked #1 in NCPreps) comes in at 5th in Maxpreps based on strength of schedule. These are great for discussion, but ultimately irrelevant when state playoffs roll around. In the future, if the state keeps the current playoff model, many teams will try and schedule creampuffs rather than challenging games in order to get their overall records up for playoff seeding purposes.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I personally never pay attention to maxpreps due to the fact their rankings are computer based...never seen ne team play while the voters in ncpreps polls have seen some of the teams play...nothing against MP but NCPreps has a good panel doing the voting

True, but take into account who teams have played. Just look at the 4A poll - West Forsyth and Mt. Tabor aren't even ranked in top 10 (both honorable mention), yet they are ranked 1st (WF) and 5th (MT) in the Maxpreps rankings, which factor in strength of schedule. In 1A a team like MA is ranked 3rd in Maxpreps while Lincoln Charter (ranked #1 in NCPreps) comes in at 5th in Maxpreps based on strength of schedule. These are great for discussion, but ultimately irrelevant when state playoffs roll around. In the future, if the state keeps the current playoff model, many teams will try and schedule creampuffs rather than challenging games in order to get their overall records up for playoff seeding purposes.

Who has WF or Mt. Tabor played that was good except for each other. Their schedule is very weak. Maxpreps don't really matter because everyone don't up date their scores like they are supposed too.

I personally never pay attention to maxpreps due to the fact their rankings are computer based...never seen ne team play while the voters in ncpreps polls have seen some of the teams play...nothing against MP but NCPreps has a good panel doing the voting

Yeah but the rankings for Maxpreps is so wrong the strength of schedule is definitely not right.

I looked at their record (7-5) who they played & while they did lose to some quality teams, it's kinda hard to put them in a poll while other 1A's are having good years and better records at this time...

I understand, but if the poll isn't going to reflect the the 10 BEST teams in 1A then it needs to say 10 best RECORDS in 1A. EC's non-conference SOS is probably top 5 in the state in any classification.

Can't really pay attention or respect a lot of this stuff.... just have to play it out on the floor. Hard to take this stuff seriously lol

North Meck 2 losses
Northwestern
Hopewell

Southwest Guilford 2 losses
Greensboro Day
Wesleyan

nothing against EC at all but records and what the teams do weekly is all the voters have to go on...I'm sure they'll be there in the end once they get into their league

We try to promote kids and teams the best we can. Maybe the 8 voters have differing opinions on teams. At least we are trying to get some of these teams some attention.

Reactions: BravesGWY
Same goes to Avery. Had a rocky start to the season with 3 losses in a row (3 of our 4 losses are to quality teams). We've finally started to mesh with Coach Grubb and everything is starting to click. Hopefully another great season for the Vikings.

Most of the teams left further on in the playoffs are usually the teams that play tougher non-conference schedules like WS-Prep, East Carteret, Lincoln Charter, & Avery (Just to name a few). Being unexposed is not always a bad thing.

Looks like everyone is underestimating the lady mustangs from smoky! Keep on doing that and they'll be holding the trophy later on in chapel hill!

They are ranked 5th in a state poll. The folks voting are not overlooking them. Just a lot of good teams. They have a great program up there and will be a force come playoff time.

Reactions: pisgah101
They are ranked 5th in a state poll. The folks voting are not overlooking them. Just a lot of good teams. They have a great program up there and will be a force come playoff time.

I just think they should be ahead of MH when they're in a 1A/2A conf and lost to Madison.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT