ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps.com 3A All-State Football Team

Some serious snubs but I also understand that is a very tough team to pick. Always going to be differing opinions. Thanks Deanna for putting your thoughts out there!

Reactions: coondog8585
Really like the Thompson choice from Erwin. That kid is a legit impact player. Interested to see if any schools take a chance on him, not great size, but has a real understanding of the game.

Reactions: ceingle and ai1015
Congrats to all the players that made the list. I know there are many more outstanding players that weren't on it but there are only so many spots. I would take that team into battle though.

Really like the Thompson choice from Erwin. That kid is a legit impact player. Interested to see if any schools take a chance on him, not great size, but has a real understanding of the game.
I hope he gets a shot at playing at the next level. The first time I watched him play he was at safety and quick to come up and make a tackle. He was so small that I was worried he would get hurt. His technique was to lead with the helmet into the opponents shins. He was very effective at that. I can't think of a time the other player didn't go down. From there he became a very elusive receiver. His stats will show that.(372 yard to set a state record) Not a bad kickoff returner either. Saved us in the opening round by taking one back with about a minute left for the winning score. Kid's got heart and skills. Thanks Deanna for having the same attributes as C.J. does (GUTS) to pick him on this state all-star team. GO WARRIORS.
P.S. = He is also averaging a little over 20 points in basketball for the Warriors. Not bad.

I'll be honest here and say that I am glad that Thompson kid at Erwin has graduated. He is one heck of a player. If he was a little bigger, he would be a top recruit in my opinion. He gave us fits at ACR. Good luck to him in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT