ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps.com 1A Top 10 Poll - Week 5

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Here are the latest rankings in the NCPreps.com Top 10 Poll for Week 5 of the 2017 high school football season. Sponsored by SCORESTREAM!!

1A

1. Tarboro (4-0)
2. Holmes (4-0)
3. Mount Airy (4-0)
4. Murphy (3-1)
5. Mitchell (4-0)
6. East Wilkes (4-0)
7. North Rowan (3-1)
8. Cherokee (3-0)
9. Mountain Island Charter (2-1)
10. Southside (4-0)

Here are the latest rankings in the NCPreps.com Top 10 Poll for Week 5 of the 2017 high school football season. Sponsored by SCORESTREAM!!

1A

1. Tarboro (4-0)
2. Holmes (4-0)
3. Mount Airy (4-0)
4. Murphy (3-1)
5. Mitchell (4-0)
6. East Wilkes (4-0)
7. North Rowan (3-1)
8. Cherokee (3-0)
9. Mountain Island Charter (2-1)
10. Southside (4-0)

I think this is a very good poll....North Stanly is probably a borderline top 10 team right now along with West Montgomery... Lakewood, North Duplin, Polk County,Thomas Jefferson and Bessemer City are all still unbeaten as well, and Northampton and East Carteret are also teams that have only 1 loss, and seem to be playing at a high level at the moment, so there's several good 1A candidates that have an argument in terms of being ranked in the top 10 ...Southside plays unbeaten North Duplin this week, and then plays Tarboro to open conference play, but the Seahawks currently look to be the team from the East that will be the representative in the 1A title game, and Tarboro looks to be the Eastern 1AA Finalist at the moment, so it's very possible that the Coastal Plains Conference has 2 teams in the state finals this year...MICS will have a cakewalk this week before facing unbeaten Bessemer City on the road in the SPC opener...It will be interesting to see how Cherokee and 2A Smoky Mt. matchup this week....Hard to argue with the top 7 teams as all 7 are very deserving of their ranking at the moment....Mitchell opens conference play against unbeaten 2A Mountain Heritage in another couple weeks, so the poll as we all know is fluid and likely to change from week to week here on out....No disrespect intended, but it's hard to rank North Stanly until they beat West Montgomery which is something that they've failed to do since moving down to the 1A Class...At the moment, West Montgomery deserves more consideration to be ranked than does North Stanly IMO...Guess we'll find out the answer to that question in a couple weeks?

Is Cherokee the only team currently ranked that will likely end up with the 1A brackets?

Of does the new system make it too difficult to determine right now?

Is Cherokee the only team currently ranked that will likely end up with the 1A brackets?

Of does the new system make it too difficult to determine right now?

Mitchell, Murphy, Cherokee, Southside, and Mountain Island Charter went 1A last year. Mount Airy could actually go 1A this year.

Lol, not hardly. Swain is no tplaying good ball, Robbinsville just had their entire roster shaken up, and the final game is Murphy @ Cherokee. While I don't think Cherokee will win, I don't think Murphy will blow them completely out either.

Lol, not hardly. Swain is no tplaying good ball, Robbinsville just had their entire roster shaken up, and the final game is Murphy @ Cherokee. While I don't think Cherokee will win, I don't think Murphy will blow them completely out either.
I doubt R'ville will continue with that line up. I believe it was to teach a lesson. The original line up was slowly integrated back in later in the game. Though I believe pieces will still be moved around, should see the original line up by Friday with minor changes. The offense still hasn't found its groove.
As for Cherokee, this weeks game shouldn't be much of a test. It does give them the opportunity to play Swain undefeated, which will be additional motivation to beat their rivals. Their last win was back in 2008.

I doubt R'ville will continue with that line up. I believe it was to teach a lesson. The original line up was slowly integrated back in later in the game. Though I believe pieces will still be moved around, should see the original line up by Friday with minor changes. The offense still hasn't found its groove.
As for Cherokee, this weeks game shouldn't be much of a test. It does give them the opportunity to play Swain undefeated, which will be additional motivation to beat their rivals. Their last win was back in 2008.
Its no groove to find, ROBBINSVILLE is outdated offense

Wic im thinking the same except i think braves might beat us. Not a good match up for us and its at Cherokee. They have played a very weak schedule.
I think swain beats Cherokee, cherokee might beat robbinsville, and rville beats swain. 3 way tie for 2nd.

Its no groove to find, ROBBINSVILLE is outdated offense
I'm not going not going to disagree with the lackluster originality of the offense and I'll have to leave that to the state championship coach. But I wouldn't mind seeing a different offense. I would love seeing a triple option, not saying this season. But the willingness to test out line ups might undoubtable set up a new offense in the coming years.

Same offense that went to 2 back to back titles and one 16-00 season. What a moron.

Same offense that went to 2 back to back titles and one 16-00 season. What a moron.
It is indeed hard to argue with the results. There is a reason his coaching record remains impressive. I personally would like to see a lot of things on the field but again I am just grand stands observer and not a winning coach.

4 the record I was calling the moron a moron, not you.
Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Murphy by 28 at a minimum at Cherokee in last game of year..swain beats Cherokee next week

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT