ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball NCPreps.com 1A Pre-Season Boys Basketball Poll

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Here are the pre-season boys basketball polls from NCPreps.com. Note: No pre-season girls basketball poll due to lack of info sent in.

1A

1. Winston Salem Prep 20-8 - returns a lot of talent off state runner-up team

2. Voyager Academy 29-3 - features one of the top 2016 players in NC in Virginia commit Jay Huff

3. Lincoln Charter 24-7 - has a lot of returning talent and depth to make a run at a title

4. East Caretet 28-2 - loss some fire power to graduation but the defending state champs still will be in the hunt

5. Riverside Martin 19-6 - features 3 returning starters & 9 players with varsity game experience and good size

6. Hayesville 21-6 - features Appalachian State commit Zach Cottrell and company

7. North Stokes 11-14 - returns 4 out of 5 starters and leading scorer

8. Bishop McGuiness 15-10 - coached by John Thompson the Villians are poised for a big year

9. Albemarle 26-1 - legendary coach Al Andrew retired, but Albemarle still has talent from undefeated JV team

10. Avery County 20-9 - return 5 seniors, 3 juniors, and a sophomore plus experience from 1A West Regional team

10. Queens Grant 16-9 - return 6'8 Columbia commit Patrick Tape and company

Notes: Some teams will start the season without football players and get stronger as the season goes. Don't be shocked if a team drops one ranking and then bounces back later on in the season. NCPreps.com will be doing individual articles on certain teams with more in depth coverage.

Here are the pre-season boys basketball polls from NCPreps.com. Note: No pre-season girls basketball poll due to lack of info sent in.

1A

1. Winston Salem Prep 20-8 - returns a lot of talent off state runner-up team

2. Voyager Academy 29-3 - features one of the top 2016 players in NC in Virginia commit Jay Huff

3. Lincoln Charter 24-7 - has a lot of returning talent and depth to make a run at a title

4. East Caretet 28-2 - loss some fire power to graduation but the defending state champs still will be in the hunt

5. Riverside Martin 19-6 - features 3 returning starters & 9 players with varsity game experience and good size

6. Hayesville 21-6 - features Appalachian State commit Zach Cottrell and company

7. North Stokes 11-14 - returns 4 out of 5 starters and leading scorer

8. Bishop McGuiness 15-10 - coached by John Thompson the Villians are poised for a big year

9. Albemarle 26-1 - legendary coach Al Andrew retired, but Albemarle still has talent from undefeated JV team

10. Avery County 20-9 - return 5 seniors, 3 juniors, and a sophomore plus experience from 1A West Regional team

10. Queens Grant 16-9 - return 6'8 Columbia commit Patrick Tape and company

Notes: Some teams will start the season without football players and get stronger as the season goes. Don't be shocked if a team drops one ranking and then bounces back later on in the season. NCPreps.com will be doing individual articles on certain teams with more in depth coverage.
5 of the top 10 are non-traditional. The saga continues in 1A.

Be careful what you wish for. Kick them out and you'd go back to the days when Thomasville, Cummings, Hendersonville, and some other schools that are 2A sized now dominated 1A. It's kind of pick your poison for small boundaried schools.

5 of the top 10 are non-traditional. The saga continues in 1A.

Here you go with that smh way to early to get that mess started this is all based off last year success an program success an information provided for this season. Has nothing to do with what kind of school they are.

Riverside-Martin will be decent the next two years...This year they have 3 returning Starters which is a 6'5 CenterJR,6'4 Forward SR,6'3 Forward SO...But other guys that had plenty of game experience!!!!

I'm seeing a WS Prep-Voyager showdown here. Maybe Lincoln Charter and East Carteret will have something to say about that.

Lincoln Charter looked impressive tonight against Franklin Christian (SC) 87-42. I look for them to be a team to be at the Western Regionals again. Very young talented team.

I would rather loss to Hendo than a school of that kind..any day. I really dont like the state of GA but I must say that they have the balls to fix this problem in there state. Great job GA just wish NC could fix this. I really dont think they want to fix it. I dont even go to bball game anymore because of the silver spoon rule.

Reactions: Thatoneguy...
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT