ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps 1A Top 10 Week 8

Mountie stop being sensitive and appreciate some humor. BK and I have a complicated relationship. We're like a old stubborn couple. We argue but stay around each other for the company.

Not being sensitive. I've never lived in a trailer, but its ignorant rhetoric like that that still gives Appalachian folks a bad name. I've lived in the projects in Charlotte, and I'm here to tell you, I'd take a singlewide in a holler anyday.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Haha that's true. Did any of those Elkin teams ever even play the SMC champion during those years? Besides eventual state champion Swain in 2004 ( a game Elkin got dominated in), I don't think they did. They beat a few SMC teams in the 1a playoffs during their state title years during that time period but never faced the SMC champion. In 2002, Murphy was the SMC champion but played in 1aa. Elkin played Hayesville in the fourth round of 1a and needed a Hail Mary miracle to win. Murphy dominated Hayesville that year. In 2003, Hayesville won the SMC but inexplicably lost in the playoffs before facing Elkin. Elkin ultimately ended up beating runner up Swain by two points in the third or fourth round of the 1a playoffs. Hayesville handled Swain that year. In 2005, Murphy won the SMC again but played in the 1aa playoffs. Elkin ended up having to go through Cherokee (I believe it was) in the 1a playoffs. Don't remember much about 2006 but I think Cherokee was the SMC champion. I think the braves got upset in the 1a playoffs that year so Elkin didn't have to play the SMC champion that year either. The titles Elkin won in 2002 and 2005 might not have happened had they faced the SMC champion, and 2003 would have been a challenge too.

Great post nole fan! Not so sure that Elkin ever did beat an SMC Champion. I saw them beat Cherokee pretty handily in 2005 at Elkin but don't think the Braves won the SMC until 06 & 07. Man did the Elks ever get lucky in 2002 with a hail mary to beat Hayesville! Also, if it weren't for Rosman pulling the upset of the century against Hayesville, the Jackets most likely would have went on to play Elkin. Would have loved to have seen that matchup!

You all sound silly..talkin about an SMC champion that didnt even make it as far as they were supposed to correct? It seems to me that you need to waste less time on what would have been and more time on congratulating the team that knocked ya azz off. No one could guarantee anything on here about what a team can or cant or could or couldnt do regardless of how it looks on the surface. God has been known to work miracles and show favor to whom he decides, and as far as snubbing my nose up or down at the SMC..thats my choice if youre lookin at it like that..then thats ya business. Get down from the clouds ya self..Ive said time and time again that i respected the SMC in several text...Ive not heard any of you guys give respect to anyone but yourselves..ever.

Last edited:
Definitely not a hater. Im too old to hate. Lets just face it. SMC, i repeat is a good conference. Thats it to me. What you guys dont want to admit is there is more that seperates you guys historically from the rest of 1a/1aa than it does at this present day and time. Your conference, just like others is severely top heavy. Theres Murphy and then there is everybody else in your conference. I can admit that a good SMC team has the ability to mess up a high school playoff bracket and may provide for some upsets. What yall need to admit is that your bottom level schools are just as terrible as any other conferences bottom level schools. Andrews or Hayesville is not beating any top 3 schools in the MVAC or the NWC this year. Again, Im not a hater..the past is a place to hang ya hat and rest on your laurels..i get that...I guess it's kind of like no one that will ever be born will ever have the capability to be better than Michael Jordan. Ever. Maybe that's a poor analogy. Michael's great. It's just a matter of opinion as to him being the greatest. Heck, Bill Russell has 11 rings but he isnt mentioned with Michael. SMC has great tradition and is the 1a conference that has set the Gold Standard for small ball. Im not a hater like ya boy ole rich..but at some point and time..its ok to have some opposition..not hate..just opposition. Somethings, i can agree to disagree and move on amicably..I mean it's just a messageboard...very few of us are actually playing on these teams...We are fans that choose to live vicariously through our neighborhood highschool athletes and cheer for them. NC nole..take it light playa!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Realfreedom
Hey, don’t be hating on Andrews & Hayesville. You start that then I will have to start throwing up the ADM numbers. Lol just kidding. In all seriousness you don’t know what it’s like for the bottom tier teams to have to play in the SMC year in and year out. Imagine having to play Murphy, Swain, Robbinsville, Rosman & Cherokee every year. But I don’t think you will see any of those bottom teams on here complaining. Every so often we will have a year where we are competitive and we will still be proud no matter what. It’s about every 6 years that we have a competitive team which will have a 4 & 6 or 5 & 5 record. Our JV team this year only lost to Murphy by 2 points and lead the whole game till the 2 minute mark. We are working hard to get there. I have been talking a lot of smack about our conference but we are a proud conference. Having said that I do see the gap closing and competition in 1A is getting better ever year.

Reactions: TigerDen1
Wildcat...no disrespect intended. Success and Futility eventually cycles around to everyone at some point and time. Every one that's been on top or at the bottom hasn't always been there.

Not being sensitive. I've never lived in a trailer, but its ignorant rhetoric like that that still gives Appalachian folks a bad name. I've lived in the projects in Charlotte, and I'm here to tell you, I'd take a singlewide in a holler anyday.

I can't relate I never stayed in neither. Yes it's ignorant rhetoric toward a person that spew ignorant rhetoric. You have it backwards. BK is giving the good folks from the Appalachian a bad name.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Wildcat...no disrespect intended. Success and Futility eventually cycles around to everyone at some point and time. Every one that's been on top or at the bottom hasn't always been there.
It’s all good. We’re all on here to have a little fun and support our teams

When he said murphy and then everyobe else he lost all credit.

The 97 Rosman team definitely knocked off some super athletic teams. I recognize and respect the History of the SMC. I remember listening to that Starmount/Rosman game on Elkin's WIFM 100.9 station. I totally respect the SMC...just some of your posters get a lil obnoxious and make everyone outside the SMC hate that it consistently gets thrown in everyone's face year after year of how good the SMC is. We get it. We understand it. We acknowledge it... Everyone respects what the SMC has done for football in NC and especially 1a...but there are other good teams in competitive conferences across the state as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDen1
I believe Hayesville was the SMC champs in 97 with their only SMC loss at Rosman, and maybe 2003?...Rosman was co-champs in 98 with Hendersonville, but may have finished tied for 3rd in 97, losing to both Murphy and Robbinsville on the road that season....Could be mistaken, but think that is correct....I know Hayesville had won 10 in a row in 2003 when Rosman beat them in the 2nd round of the playoffs in Hayesville...

It doesn't hurt anybodies feelings. As far as I know, no one is jealous of a high school football conference...i mean it doesn't pay my bills...it's just entertainment...As far as grammatical errors..its a messageboard...Nerd...take it light..im sure youre smart enough to pick out the intent of the messages..or maybe a nerd like you..sits around and picks out the commas and typo's that may be prevalent on a messageboard. I'm done talkin about this year's SMC...it's an OK conference to me..with Murphy and then the rest of the teams...Just like down east..It's Tarboro..then everyone else thats chasing them down there...BK you guys had your shot at Murphy..you lost..so you're not to be mentioned in the same breath as them...this year!!Lakeman..pick this apart..LOL..im sure you will.

Just trying to stir the pot a little. SMC fans have always been a passionate bunch. I have nothing but respect for the conference and all of its accomplishments. You know you're always gonna get a hard nose battle tested team when you face any team from the SMC..year in and year out. It's always good to get a win against a team from the SMC..honestly..wins are extremely hard to come by against their top tier teams no matter how high or low they are ranked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT