3. Murphy (6-1)
4. Mitchell (6-0)
5. East Wilkes (6-0)
6. Holmes (5-1)
7. North Rowan (6-1)
8. Cherokee (6-0)
9. North Duplin (6-0)
10. Bessemer City (6-0)

Hats off to Cherokee. They continue to impress. I thought they were overrated, but not sure now. We'll see after a few weeks play out.
Have to agree, anytime you beat the Maroon Devils, much less embarrass them, it is impressive.

this just an opinion I get it.. But week after week there is No North Stanly. I understand the love affair with the Mountain teams(they are traditionally strong). But this North Stanly team has beat West Mont which has been the poster child of the YVC for years( West Mont is really good btw). Only lose is to a strong NW cab Team that happens to be 3A. I would like to think of this poll to be a true reading of how our state football teams line up.

this just an opinion I get it.. But week after week there is No North Stanly. I understand the love affair with the Mountain teams(they are traditionally strong). But this North Stanly team has beat West Mont which has been the poster child of the YVC for years( West Mont is really good btw). Only lose is to a strong NW cab Team that happens to be 3A. I would like to think of this poll to be a true reading of how our state football teams line up.
There are only 3 mountain teams in their rankings...

3 teams seems legit especially when 1 won state and the other been a staple and the other beat the other undefeated team

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
3 from the mountains
2 from the Northwest
2 from the Piedmont
3 from the East.
Looks pretty even, although its a power ranking, not a include everyone ranking.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Keep believing mics is down. Let's examine. Played a tougher schedule this year. Scoring more points at this point then last year. Worst case finishes 8-3 or 9-2. Last year end of regular season record 8-3. This is not a team that you want to play in the second round. Especially Mitchell. Mitchell struggled to beat a Cannon team that mics blew out so bad they wouldn't schedule them this year.

Keep believing mics is down. Let's examine. Played a tougher schedule this year. Scoring more points at this point then last year. Worst case finishes 8-3 or 9-2. Last year end of regular season record 8-3. This is not a team that you want to play in the second round. Especially Mitchell. Mitchell struggled to beat a Cannon team that mics blew out so bad they wouldn't schedule them this year.
Key word there was LAST YEAR

First off, Mitchell didn't "struggle" with cannon. They played a sound game against a surprisingly good team. Cannon's tailback, Gage Ortiz, would have a field day against that Swiss cheese you call a defense. And cannons line would push your boys around all night. You might want to do a little research, maybe watch a little film before you say stupid stuff.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
First off, Mitchell didn't "struggle" with cannon. They played a sound game against a surprisingly good team. Cannon's tailback, Gage Ortiz, would have a field day against that Swiss cheese you call a defense. And cannons line would push your boys around all night. You might want to do a little research, maybe watch a little film before you say stupid stuff.

My research is solid. How about you do your research. Lets speak facts the Ortiz kid did nothing the last 2 season against mics. They got blown off the field. Ortiz had 2 yards last year against this swizz cheese. You guys do not want to see mics in the second round. Battle tested and ready.

Last edited:
Why do the Facts bother you so much.

Oh yeah. Make me.you cant

My research is solid. How about you do your research. Lets speak facts the Ortiz kid did nothing the last 2 season against mics. They got blown off the field. Ortiz had 2 yards last year against this swizz cheese. You guys do not want to see mics in the second round. Battle tested and ready.

And Cannon was better LAST YEAR.
Not even close hoss. Ortiz didn't start the last 2 years, and Cannon is a much improved tram from last year

Not even close hoss. Ortiz didn't start the last 2 years, and Cannon is a much improved tram from last year

I'm very familiar with them. Cannon is not improved from last year. I know you want to believe that. They lost a lot from last year and the players that played you guys this year did nothing against mics. You guys struggled to contain the speed of a private school scat back.

Yeah... in different seasons! I can't believe a competent human could possibly try to argue this! It's like saying Mitchell would spank MIC because they beat Cherryville in 2010, and MIC will beat Cherryville this season! I'm sorry, but you sir are suffering from SFB syndrome.

Yeah... in different seasons! I can't believe a competent human could possibly try to argue this! It's like saying Mitchell would spank MIC because they beat Cherryville in 2010, and MIC will beat Cherryville this season! I'm sorry, but you sir are suffering from SFB syndrome.

2010 is much different then last year. Face it you guys have played no one. Why you think no one is talking about you all. Mountie and I'm not ripping you guys talent because you guys may win it all. I'm just saying you guys have not been tested.

And mountain island has? Any team with a pulse they have played, they lost to. Stuart Cramer is a very mediocre 3a team, and Bessemer City is ok.

And mountain island has? Any team with a pulse they have played, they lost to. Stuart Cramer is a very mediocre 3a team, and Bessemer City is ok.

Not true. In a 3 year period the program has grown to the point you're talking about it. They beat a strong TJ team twice last year, a tough 4-1 Union Academy team this year with 6 starters out. No they haven't won a championship but what 3 year program has? MICS like it or not is building a program that will give teams problems down the road. I predict a championship in the next 4 years.

When MIC recruits enough "athletes " to beat any "mountain" team then talk until then find a charter school message board and spray garbage. MIC plays in maybe the weakest 1a conference ..

Reactions: BK13T-$
MICS should already have championships. The fact that they have a "lottery" in one of the biggest metro areas in the southeast and continue to lose to mediocre teams this season speaks volumes. Nobody is losing sleep over MICS this season. Sorry. You might win one in the next 4 years or you might not. If you don't, not many people would be suprised. There are faster and more athletic teams in 1A than MICS.

MICS should already have championships. The fact that they have a "lottery" in one of the biggest metro areas in the southeast and continue to lose to mediocre teams this season speaks volumes. Nobody is losing sleep over MICS this season. Sorry. You might win one in the next 4 years or you might not. If you don't, not many people would be suprised. There are faster and more athletic teams in 1A than MICS.

If you're not losing sleep then don't comment. Simple. You sound pathetic

The thing is MIC should have won a title all ready pulling from that area. Fail.

A title will mean nothing anyhow. No body will count it as equal to our titles. No matter what mic wont ever be a champion. Paper lion.

A title will mean nothing anyhow. No body will count it as equal to our titles. No matter what mic wont ever be a champion. Paper lion.

BK no one cares about your double wide opinion. Just because you riding a John Deer don't make you better. I prefer to push my mower anyways. So uppity

Looking at the rankings north Rowan and Murphy should be 2nd and 3 rd, Mitchell county is not good enough to be rank 6. That's just my opinion.

When MIC recruits enough "athletes " to beat any "mountain" team then talk until then find a charter school message board and spray garbage. MIC plays in maybe the weakest 1a conference ..

Please share your proof of recruiting. I'm going to leave the "athletes" statement alone. We both know the undertone of that. Since Charters are public schools I think this is the right forum to address the true garbage people like yourself spray with no facts to back it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT