ADVERTISEMENT

Myers Park HC Resigns

Darn..I was excited to see how he would do against Hales now that Hales has a healthy amount of talent to really match up. Last couple years Chadwick had way more talent than him

Where's all my MP insiders...what's the 411? It couldn't b because the Golden boy has left and went to chapel hill???

Reactions: UNC91
Well lets see....
I cant blame Chadwick for leaving.....I've been to the practices and games so many times. I truly enjoyed it but the fact of the matter is that Chadwick had a national power type program brought to its knees. Drake moved to Chapel Hill on 16 January. The Park also lost the back up Quarterback and the upcoming Quarterbacks behind him due to the McCowns move to Texas - because CMS wouldn't let them play.

Myers Park will not recover for years to come. That's if it ever does. NC doesn't pay a coach with that caliber enough. He is going where he is valued.

Chadwick has been look the past few seasons. It wasnt just because of this year issues. I think there is more to the reason to why he left, I have hear some other things but im take it with a gain of salt.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Chadwick has been look the past few seasons. It wasnt just because of this year issues. I think there is more to the reason to why he left, I have hear some other things but im take it with a gain of salt.
Oh no....this started long before COVID. What have you heard......?

Oh no....this started long before COVID. What have you heard......?
Like I said i would take it with a gain of salt but from what i have heard is I have heard Some of the Big time Booster (Big money) people at Myers Park were unhappy with Chadwick for whatever reason and I guess they wanted go a different direction and I know for a fact Chadwick was looking to leave when the Mooresville job opened up this past year so He has been Job hunting. I think there are probably more to the story n im sure there maybe some inside stuff going on like did the AD/Principle agreed with the Boosters or Did they put him on the Hot seat or whatever the case but AGAIN take it with a Gain of salt.

This is not shocking at all to me that is left but the thing that is interesting is the timing of it.

Like I said i would take it with a gain of salt but from what i have heard is I have heard Some of the Big time Booster (Big money) people at Myers Park were unhappy with Chadwick for whatever reason and I guess they wanted go a different direction and I know for a fact Chadwick was looking to leave when the Mooresville job opened up this past year so He has been Job hunting. I think there are probably more to the story n im sure there maybe some inside stuff going on like did the AD/Principle agreed with the Boosters or Did they put him on the Hot seat or whatever the case but AGAIN take it with a Gain of salt.

This is not shocking at all to me that is left but the thing that is interesting is the timing of it.
you go when you get the offer that values you more than where you're at

Geeez another one of them stories. I experienced this before with the greatest coach we had at our high school. The community simply ran him away for false accusation. Our football program has never been the same ever again.

Not sure exactly whats going on with Chadwick(inside the building) other than what you just said. I was not aware of this inside news..... but I hope they dont regret this decision they made(if this is the case).

Anyhow, I am proud of Chadwicks decision though because he has been hired at the University of Maryland as a recruiting coordinator.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Geeez another one of them stories. I experienced this before with the greatest coach we had at our high school. The community simply ran him away for false accusation. Our football program has never been the same ever again.

Not sure exactly whats going on with Chadwick(inside the building) other than what you just said. I was not aware of this inside news..... but I hope they dont regret this decision they made(if this is the case).

Anyhow, I am proud of Chadwicks decision though because he has been hired at the University of Maryland as a recruiting coordinator.
Like I said - Take it with a Gain of salt i mean its could be true, some what true or not at all but at the end of the day He went to the College Ranks and Regardless of any issues or whatever at MP - College is BIG TIME so i know he couldn't pass that up.

selling place in MP, bought a mountain in Bryson City with log cabin of course, so will watch Swain County play, need a weekend condo in Chapel Hill to watch the Heels play
Swain County might just be the spot for football!!!!!!
In Washignton DC, I've seen a one bedroom go for $1,400 a month. Hope that's not the case up with the Chapel Hill cribs....

Last edited:
Sir if I was ever in Bryson City and they shut down a football game I'd be at the Treasure Club...... Might turn out to be a better evening than watching football.

Like I said - Take it with a Gain of salt i mean its could be true, some what true or not at all but at the end of the day He went to the College Ranks and Regardless of any issues or whatever at MP - College is BIG TIME so i know he couldn't pass that up.
Same here I've said a long time ago things isn't very rosy over there...but I was trolling. Charlotte is a major city but HS sports wise it's a huge circle that's 6 degrees of separation, especially when they are D1 potential. With great coaches like Chadwick and Brand there's a method to their madness...with all the wins and deep playoff runs u make a lot of enemies on the way until it comes to a head. People can only deal with stuff but so long.

Chadwick was building a top notch program at Marvin Ridge but evidently PO’d the wrong people and was shown the door. May have been the case here as well. He also had a very short tenure at a high school in Georgia before that, and left under a dark cloud as well. No doubt he can coach (he won a state championship in Maryland), but apparently has not been successful in public relations.

Last edited:
Same here I've said a long time ago things isn't very rosy over there...but I was trolling. Charlotte is a major city but HS sports wise it's a huge circle that's 6 degrees of separation, especially when they are D1 potential. With great coaches like Chadwick and Brand there's a method to their madness...with all the wins and deep playoff runs u make a lot of enemies on the way until it comes to a head. People can only deal with stuff but so long.
He was interviewing for jobs, in SC &NC like a New College Graduate. It was evident things were not as Rosy as it seemed. Next!

Last edited:
Reactions: 704CougarsDad
He was interviewing for jobs, in SC &NC like a New College Graduate. It was evident things were not as Rosy as it seemed. Next!

Next? Who's the next coach ? Week before football season starts? College graduate? Come on man, hes got a family to feed, he got a job at a D1 school. Let me guess you have never been a coach or let alone played the game

Reactions: S2V2
Next? Who's the next coach ? Week before football season starts? College graduate? Come on man, hes got a family to feed, he got a job at a D1 school. Let me guess you have never been a coach or let alone played the game
Nepsy has a Masters Degree in Bowling Water very hot until someone puts their fangers in the pot. Then he begins his journey of "who's the baddest rapping talker" on here.......

Reactions: UNC91

Guy deserves to improve his situation for him and his family. Good coach but I dont know if I would give him the " great" title. Turned MP into a hot school that attracted a ton of transfers but in the end didnt get over the big hump.

He feels he left it better than he found it?? Maybe........leaving 5 days left before season starts has got to leave them in a very tight spot. They certainly had a nice 2 year run fueled by having maybe the best QB to ever play in Char/Meck would have been interesting to see what they looked like after he was gone.Would he have stayed if Maye decided to play?

Legacy wise you certainly cant put him in a Knotts, Palmieri, Newsome, Brodiwicz category or really even in a Hales/Brand tier.

Say what? I have absolutely no problem with his move. What’s the problem? Opportunities don’t always come at the perfect time. So you have to make moves. You know reading comprehension is important. Leave the guessing along. You’re failing miserably.

Last edited:
Guy deserves to improve his situation for him and his family. Good coach but I dont know if I would give him the " great" title. Turned MP into a hot school that attracted a ton of transfers but in the end didnt get over the big hump.

He feels he left it better than he found it?? Maybe........leaving 5 days left before season starts has got to leave them in a very tight spot. They certainly had a nice 2 year run fueled by having maybe the best QB to ever play in Char/Meck would have been interesting to see what they looked like after he was gone.Would he have stayed if Maye decided to play?

Legacy wise you certainly cant put him in a Knotts, Palmieri, Newsome, Brodiwicz category or really even in a Hales/Brand tier.
You guys don't think Chris Leak is the best QB to play in CMS? He was sick in HS. Wono three state championships and completely turned Indy in the king of CMS at the time. And went to play at Florida. He's my pick for sure.

I really don't know who Maye had other then Mooses son as WR, right? Leak had Mario Railey, Muhammed Massaquio and a RB went to ECU.
He had Moose son, Porter Brooks who was a 4star now at NC state, and he had the little speedster that was good but his name slips my mind

Reactions: Steelers71
You guys don't think Chris Leak is the best QB to play in CMS? He was sick in HS. Wono three state championships and completely turned Indy in the king of CMS at the time. And went to play at Florida. He's my pick for sure.

I think based on results you would have to place Leak #1 but there are some variables to consider not the least of which is the Knotts factor and the fact that the type of offense Indy was running was ahead of its time back then. We were also robbed of seeing Maye's senior year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT