ADVERTISEMENT

Myers Park HC Resigns

Oh Heck it's always Vance and MC hijacking the conversation

Do you remember Elon Rogers for Vance - he collected 1,000 yards one the first half against INDY.
Do you Remember Don Chula for MC in 2009
Do you remember when Billy Johnson dranked that Gatorate out of the Bottle for an ESPN commercial?

All the historians and analyst suddenly come out for their input.....

Here we freaking go.......

So who gets all the MP transfers?? Hough? Maybe South Meck?

Is this really the first thing people want to talk about? Can't folks just applaud him for the job he did, congratulate him on the way out the door, and offer support to the next man up? There may be a fair amount of transferring that has happened in CMS, and across the state for that matter, but to suggest that Chadwick was one of the primary offenders is laughable.

Good players want to play for good coaches. Success recruits itself, plain and simple. As a parent, I would certainly send my kid to the school with a better chance of success versus the ladder. If anyone out there is trying to add fuel to a fire that Chadwick was just a recruiter, then find something else to talk about.

This has always been my stance on player transfer, and to paraphrase what Nick Saban has said about it, I wouldn't want to recruit players who have a track record of moving from high school to high school. It shows a lack of commitment by the players and a lack of toughness and grit.

To also use a quote by Saban in regards to recruiting websites and message boards, stupid comments towards coaches and about programs is nothing but "rat poison" and adds no value to the sport. Comments like this are half the reason I quit hosting my own message boards because more often than not, clueless fans offer nothing but problems and never present any solutions or positive words about a situation.

• Wow
Reactions: Capcity49 and S2V2
Is this really the first thing people want to talk about? Can't folks just applaud him for the job he did, congratulate him on the way out the door, and offer support to the next man up? There may be a fair amount of transferring that has happened in CMS, and across the state for that matter, but to suggest that Chadwick was one of the primary offenders is laughable.

Good players want to play for good coaches. Success recruits itself, plain and simple. As a parent, I would certainly send my kid to the school with a better chance of success versus the ladder. If anyone out there is trying to add fuel to a fire that Chadwick was just a recruiter, then find something else to talk about.

This has always been my stance on player transfer, and to paraphrase what Nick Saban has said about it, I wouldn't want to recruit players who have a track record of moving from high school to high school. It shows a lack of commitment by the players and a lack of toughness and grit.

To also use a quote by Saban in regards to recruiting websites and message boards, stupid comments towards coaches and about programs is nothing but "rat poison" and adds no value to the sport. Comments like this are half the reason I quit hosting my own message boards because more often than not, clueless fans offer nothing but problems and never present any solutions or positive words about a situation.

Thank you chris. This is what I was getting at. Let the man leave in peace.

• Love
Reactions: S2V2

LMAO- Had to go back and read what I posted because your interpretation is wildly misguided. Who said anything about transfers being bad?? Who said anything about him not being a good coach? Who said anything about him being an offender of anything??

Fact= He got alot of high profile transfers. FAct= Being a good coach was the reason why he got many of those transfers. Fact- Many of those kids will now transfer elsewhere due to his departure. .

You chose to read far too deep into a simple post asking where some of these kids go now.

This clueless fan has not one single issue with kids transferring and does not think there needs to be any solution presented to resolve that problem.

Love me some Nick Saban though...........Roll Tide.

Thank you chris. This is what I was getting at. Let the man leave in peace.

Exactly. Why I am not saying that some of the things you guys talk about may or may not have been true, but the coach did a helluva job in our state for over a decade and should be thanked on the way out the door. If you didn't like him, so be it, keep your mouth shut and support the next guy.

• Love
Reactions: UNC91 and S2V2
LMAO- Had to go back and read what I posted because your interpretation is wildly misguided. Who said anything about transfers being bad?? Who said anything about him not being a good coach? Who said anything about him being an offender of anything??

Fact= He got alot of high profile transfers. FAct= Being a good coach was the reason why he got many of those transfers. Fact- Many of those kids will now transfer elsewhere due to his departure. .

You chose to read far too deep into a simple post asking where some of these kids go now.

This clueless fan has not one single issue with kids transferring and does not think there needs to be any solution presented to resolve that problem.

Love me some Nick Saban though...........Roll Tide.
Why is every interpretation always wildly misguided according to any MC and Vance posters? I have said this for the longest time and people are starting to take notice - You Vance and MC posters focus on Negativity so much.

Chadwicks is going from being a phenomenal coach and now on to a greater position that not all coaches are offered - The University of Maryland as a recruiting coordinator.

Reactions: Chris_Hughes
Maryland: Mike Locksley is hiring Myers Park HS (NC) head coach Scott Chadwick as director of recruiting operations, according to Jeff Ermann of 247. Chadwick has had success as a high school coach in Maryland at Bowie HS (MD) and Lackey HS (MD) and is a former college classmate of Locksley’s.

Reactions: nepsy7
"Chadwick, 51, is a longtime successful high school football coach with deep roots in Maryland, who's spent the past six years building a powerhouse as head coach Myers Park High in Charlotte, N.C. There, he posted a 47-7 record during the past four years at a program that had posted eight losing seasons in the previous 10 years. During his time in Maryland, before moving to North Carolina, he led Bowie High (Md.) to its only state title in 2001 in one of the most surprising championship runs in Maryland 4A history, which made Chadwick the youngest coach to win a state crown. He then moved on to Lackey High (Md.), where he reached two state championship games in four years. "

"Chadwick has experience with the recruiting process, having developed a long list of college players over the years. His last six starting quarterbacks earned scholarships to play FBS football, most recently five-star Drake Maye, who was ranked the No. 2 pro-style quarterback in the 2021 class and recently enrolled at North Carolina "

Why is every interpretation always wildly misguided according to any MC and Vance posters? I have said this for the longest time and people are starting to take notice - You Vance and MC posters focus on Negativity so much.

Chadwicks is going from being a phenomenal coach and now on to a greater position that not all coaches are offered - The University of Maryland as a recruiting coordinator.
As the main Vance/chambers poster on here I feel like this is a shot towards me. What have I said that's "negative" or "misguides people"? I never make aliases to troll or create posts to jus to "start something" besides the west Forsyth poster from last yr that made a adamant job calling us out during the season...and when we promptly waxed that ass in the playoffs I had to send him on his way with a doggybag and an L! My info is usually true or has some truth in it. I think ur window ur looking in thinking it's me really is a mirror and ur looking at urself.

As the main Vance/chambers poster on here I feel like this is a shot towards me. What have I said that's "negative" or "misguides people"? I never make aliases to troll or create posts to jus to "start something" besides the west Forsyth poster from last yr that made a adamant job calling us out during the season...and when we promptly waxed that ass in the playoffs I had to send him on his way with a doggybag and an L! My info is usually true or has some truth in it. I think ur window ur looking in thinking it's me really is a mirror and ur looking at urself.
Hey - Your a good dude so I know you aint someone just to start something for nothing n also VANCE are state champs so Like they say if you can walk the walk you can talk the talk

I will say as an "Observer" of this board for a while, it does seem there are people that had issues with Coach Chadwick. But when I stopped and thought about it, those people with issues were not Myers Park people, or at least they do not post on here. That seems to come from people at other schools. Are they accurate ? Well, they also spent two years telling us that Drake Maye was going to every different school in the Carolinas and yet, he never left Myers Park and in every public interview, he talked about his affinity for Myers Park and Chadwick. So, they were not accurate there.
Speaking of him as a coach, I do not understand not giving him credit for what he has done. I have been in Charlotte for 34 years and Myers Park has never been a factor in high school football until the last few years, when Chadwick got there. Is that a coincidence?
I understand people being upset with him leaving right before practice started but the timing of great opportunities is not always ideal.
Anyway, excited for practice starting Monday and let's talk about that.

• Love
Since Mr. Hughes chose to single out my post let me once again clarify-

- Never once said anything about transfers being bad. Been posting here since 2013. My position on transfers has always been the same. As long as the kid and the family follow the rules I have zero issue with someone trying to find a better opportunity for their child.

- Never said a negative word about Scott Chadwick ( or really any coach that I can recall). In fact said he was a good coach with a very impressive 2 year run at MP

- Dont think he is in the Knotts, Palmieri,Brodiwicz category. That is more of an opinion based on results. I thought opinion and debate was what the board was about. Maybe I should go with gibberish and silly pictures going forward since that seems pretty popular.

Anyone who wants to question something I posted, all they have to do is ask.

- Never once said anything about transfers being bad. Been posting here since 2013. My position on transfers has always been the same. As long as the kid and the family follow the rules I have zero issue with someone trying to find a better opportunity for their child.

- Never said a negative word about Scott Chadwick ( or really any coach that I can recall). In fact said he was a good coach with a very impressive 2 year run at MP

- Dont think he is in the Knotts, Palmieri,Brodiwicz category. That is more of an opinion based on results. I thought opinion and debate was what the board was about. Maybe I should go with gibberish and silly pictures going forward since that seems pretty popular.

Just a thought, but while Chadwick does have a state title I believe in Maryland he had zero in NC so I agree you cannot put him into a category with coaches who have multiple state titles. Just my opinion.

I will say as an "Observer" of this board for a while, it does seem there are people that had issues with Coach Chadwick. But when I stopped and thought about it, those people with issues were not Myers Park people, or at least they do not post on here. That seems to come from people at other schools. Are they accurate ? Well, they also spent two years telling us that Drake Maye was going to every different school in the Carolinas and yet, he never left Myers Park and in every public interview, he talked about his affinity for Myers Park and Chadwick. So, they were not accurate there.
Speaking of him as a coach, I do not understand not giving him credit for what he has done. I have been in Charlotte for 34 years and Myers Park has never been a factor in high school football until the last few years, when Chadwick got there. Is that a coincidence?
I understand people being upset with him leaving right before practice started but the timing of great opportunities is not always ideal.
Amen brother..... I remember that part in RED very well sir.....

Thank you for being another honest person and taking notice.

Everyone has a opinion! I see no wrong in your post @S2V2 and I would say more but I’ll just leave at that.

• Love
Anyway. I guess Myers Park will have to go in house for this season. Wonder who will be the front runners for the job after the season? Is this the one that sways a certain DC at Mallard Creek to take?

Reviewing this thread. I just don’t see the derogatory statements about Coach Chadwick. Anyone who’s been around the game, knows there’s no Coach who’s safe from being scrutinized. That includes the Nick Sabans, Dabo Swinneys, Tommy Knotts, and the Urban Myers of the world. From Flag Football to the NFL. It’s a tough business. I know High school & College programs, of coaches on the same program, that despise each other. I’ve seen them fight and argue on numerous occasions. It’s part of the game. It’s different when you possibly have someone on your staff, making disparaging remarks. I haven’t seen those remarks. It’s a High School Football board. Who’s feelings were hurt? Come on guys. Damn!

Last edited:
Reviewing this thread. I just don’t see the derogatory statements about Coach Chadwick. Anyone who’s been around the game, knows there’s no Coach who’s safe from being scrutinized. That includes the Nick Sabans, Dabo Swinneys, Tommy Knotts, Urban Myers of the world. From Flag Football to the NFL. It’s a tough business. I know High school & College programs, of coaches on the same program, that despise each other. I’ve seen them fight and argue on numerous occasions. It’s part of the game. It’s different when you possibly have someone on your staff, making disparaging remarks. I haven’t seen those remarks. It’s a High School Football board. Who’s feelings were hurt? Come on guys. Damn!
Best post on this thread!

Reviewing this thread. I just don’t see the derogatory statements about Coach Chadwick. Anyone who’s been around the game, knows there’s no Coach who’s safe from being scrutinized. That includes the Nick Sabans, Dabo Swinneys, Tommy Knotts, and the Urban Myers of the world. From Flag Football to the NFL. It’s a tough business. I know High school & College programs, of coaches on the same program, that despise each other. I’ve seen them fight and argue on numerous occasions. It’s part of the game. It’s different when you possibly have someone on your staff, making disparaging remarks. I haven’t seen those remarks. It’s a High School Football board. Who’s feelings were hurt? Come on guys. Damn!
Guilty!

Last edited:
Let's break all this down because some of it leaked on the floor and stuck to the bottom of my shoe. Yes drake maye didn't transfer yes he stayed at MP...yes he didsay the right things in public but I know privately he was not a happy camper with the decisions Chadwick made in the BIG games...i.e the Vance game 2yrs and last yr vs RC. He definitely complained to his peers...call it juvenile emotions or he was jus in his feelings but he did not like how Chadwick reacted in the big moments. And 2....what BIG win has Chadwick had at MP? Richmond cty 2yrs ago??? Winning the conference and finally beating Butler? Yes he's a GOOD coach that won games he should have won but lost the ones that meant something. Palmieri, Hales, even Greiner has had great wins...but with the talent he's there especially his last 2 at MP he's grossly underachieved for what he should have done. Y'all ready to crown him as a charlotte great...I'm not.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Let's break all this down because some of it leaked on the floor and stuck to the bottom of my shoe. Yes drake maye didn't transfer yes he stayed at MP...yes he didsay the right things in public but I know privately he was not a happy camper with the decisions Chadwick made in the BIG games...i.e the Vance game 2yrs and last yr vs RC. He definitely complained to his peers...call it juvenile emotions or he was jus in his feelings but he did not like how Chadwick reacted in the big moments. And 2....what BIG win has Chadwick had at MP? Richmond cty 2yrs ago??? Winning the conference and finally beating Butler? Yes he's a GOOD coach that won games he should have won but lost the ones that meant something. Palmieri, Hales, even Greiner has had great wins...but with the talent he's there especially his last 2 at MP he's grossly underachieved for what he should have done. Y'all ready to crown him as a charlotte great...I'm not.
We applaud, support and crown him for a job well done.

Ya'll orchestrate, compare, undermine, and dismantle a coach regardless of achievements.

And you call this acceptable?

Drake never left and there was not one article stating unhappiness. All three of you have been full of illusions the whole Drake era, just so the rest of North Carolina could read, believe you three, and verbally discredit both Drake and coach Chadwick.

So glad people are starting to take notice of the three of you.

And you expect others to show you a class act attitude?

This is pure Humility at best for a coach going out the door!

Last edited:
We applaud, support and crown him for a job well done.

Ya'll orchestrate, compare, undermine, and dismantle a coach regardless of achievements.

And you call this acceptable?

Drake never left and there was not one article stating unhappiness. All three of you have been full of illusions the whole Drake era, just so the rest of North Carolina could read, believe you three, and verbally discredit both Drake and coach Chadwick.

So glad people are starting to take notice of the three of you.

And you expect others to show you a class act attitude?

This is pure Humility at best for a coach going out the door!
1st of all I'll quote Cedric the entertainer.."I'm a grown ass man dawg" so I can give zero cents if I'm "exposed" as something u claim I am. I'm far from a hater more of a realist I have my own problems so can give a damn how u or anybody who claims that way feels. He's a good coach that came in a built a program. He's in the same boat as Aaron Brand...came in galvanized a fan base and built a program but in the end he wore too many people out and left like he did in other places for "mysterious" reasons...well in this case for a better opportunity $$$. Nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT